Video

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen something like this before, twice! Once was a cracked pelvis and the other was a severe infection in the uterus. Both times the pain caused founder in all 4 feet. You need the vet. I don't feel this mare in in foal.

Thank you Diane, appreciate your thoughts. I think everyone missed where I said this was an "episode" when it's over in just a few minutes she's 100% normal, like today at 7:30 am, she walking around waiting for breakfast perfectly normal she does not have a cracked pelvis lol or founder. No heat and she just had her hooves trimmed 2 days ago. Of course I use my vet regularly but he won't see anything abnormal at this moment, Happy Appy you're wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy off on diagnosis and I do not agree that this rolling belly is nothing more then an infection, which she doesn't have

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if I am way off I still think the thing to do here is get a vet to check her. If this is truly just episodes then there would be neurological issues going on. Bottom line - Horses don't just walk like that and have nothing wrong. She needs to be checked by a vet.

Happy Appy, seriously lol she did not go from a 100% normal mare to broken pelvis & now neurological issues in less then a day -_____- funny how her belly was going crazy rolling around all day yesterday and this "strange" behavior came with it, I'm going with the baby being very active and possibly sitting in an uncomfortable position for mom that she's just not use to, of course I'm no expert on pregnancy but I am very experienced in their health and well being. That's just super far fetched and would be a different scenario if the behavior came by itself. My vet will literally think I'm insane if I call him out on this and there's nothing to see, he knows me very well as like I said I take in rescues and he's been here quite a bit over the last several months treating one that came with all sorts of problems. I think you need to always look at the whole picture as from the beginning of this topic you've had nothing nice or positive to say

I am happy that you feel there is nothing wrong and that everything is normal. You would know your horse best. Keep in mind that if you post up looking for opinions that you will get them. Since you only want opinions that you like I will not post on your threads anymore.

I hope you and your mare the best.

Happy Appy I do not want or expect only nice opinions. Others have made comments about possible issues and problems other then pregnancy, but at the same time have given other theories and advice as well. You seem to only have bad things to say and I feel a little attacked by you is all

From video I can't pinpoint what's going on, but there is something there. Her walk does look a bit like a horse with laminitis, but... Take a look at her hips around 30-35 seconds in and around 1:28; she's raising and dropping them in a strange manner, she is sore or uncomfortable from something. I think as others have said, having a vet look is likely your best course of action.

Can you take another video of her walking normally please. It will give us all some peace of mind. You know we are all just in love with these little ones, and always want the best for them. It's especially hard for everyone when they can't put their hands on the horse, or see other behaviors, as you can. All we can do is see a short video, and it's because we care that people give their advice and concerns.

Unfortunately for all of us, when something seems wrong, we all go "to that place" where we've had a bad experience, and become alarmed. I appreciate that you take the time to understand our concerns, and not take offense. We only want the best here for you and your mare, so I appreciate you're responding to each of us, explaining what we "can't" see because we're not there.

Also, if she had her hooves trimmed 2 days ago, it is EXTREMELY possible that the farrier trimmer/cut a little more than s/he should, and she may be a bit sore from the trim. That would certainly explain her movements, and she should recover from that quickly.

Looking forward to more videos of her!
default_yes.gif

First of all let me assure you that any horse that ends up under my care should never be worried about. I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who has made it possible for me to spend every day just caring for my animals, my kids and our ranch. My horses get the best care and just so you will all understand how extreme I get with the care of these animals, I spent 8k last year trying to save a rescued mini yearling, unfortunately she didn't make it but you better believe I tried everything! Here's a video I just took, I even tied her tail so you all could see her rear end movements. Yes she's a little sore from the trim she just had, we have her trimmed every 4 weeks because even the tiniest growth her hooves they become dishy and flip up a bit. I personally rescued her 2 years ago. She had very unkept hooves, that's why they grow so strange. No she was never suppose to get pregnant, if she is it was completely by accident. If any of you wish to help me with the original subject I'm very very grateful but this is really unnecessary and a bit insulting

http://youtu.be/-D_th-ock74

She looks much better. I'm thinking it was the trim too, and was happy to see your new video.

Please don't be insulted. Remember, we're all still learning about each other, and we all SERIOUSLY LOVE these little ones, so we all want the very best for them. It's good to learn more about you, and all the things you do. We love to learn more about each other, and she's looking so much better. Sometimes trims are hard on them, but it sounds like you have that under control. I had one that had to be trimmed very often, also, as when she arrived her hooves were long and curled. So sad when that happens.

Okay, now we're back to watching her and seeing how she changes. Please keep us updated on any changes you see in her. I'm still thinking that it's possible she's pregnant -- thinking about that udder, and her strange belly movements. So, I'll be watching to see your posts and read any changes that you see happening.

Sounds like you have a wonderful set up, being able to rescue horses and able to work them full time. Keep us posted, please! She's such a pretty girl!

Last edited:
she is looking much better. I only just saw your comment on being trimmed 4 days ago but I really think that would be what caused the soreness yay for her being better now, my best friend has a 16hh thoroughbred show horse who as soon as he gets his shoes off or hooves trimmed he cannot walk, lol he is such a sook that he has a big carry on, some horses can just be funny sometimes.
I hope you haven't taken offence by anything these wonderful ladies have said. All three ladies are very knowledgable breeders and have their heart in the right place. they would do anything for a mini even the ones on here.
We are a wonderful group of people here on the pregnancy page and we haven't had any nastiness here yet, I hope that we can all move on from this and you will see that we really are a lovely bunch of people who really care about the mares/ foals/ geldings/ stallions and people on here.

looking forward to your updates on your mare
default_smile.png

So, how is she doing? It's been a couple of days -- I've been away at some educational classes so couldn't check here until now. Any changes??

So, how is she doing? It's been a couple of days -- I've been away at some educational classes so couldn't check here until now. Any changes??
Hello, thank you for checking in with us xx she's doing very well, here's a video from today. Question please...approximately how far along is a mare when the baby is this active and can be seen this well, assuming of course this is a baby and not an alien lol ;)
http://youtu.be/oplWtx8AJLU

Can you take another video for us but from a side view and not from behind. A picture of her Udder if you can as well please
default_smile.png

I can see her breathing in and out easily , but the computer screen at work is on the brink so could be reason why im having trouble seeing anything.

How tall is she ? Has she had a foal before ?
default_smile.png

Not sure how far along she is, but with that much movement -- bulging out one side and then the next -- there is plenty of room in there still, so I'd say you have some time.

Hi everyone, I notice when my mare stands up from laying down she's wet on one side of her belly and leg from milk, must be the pressure against the utter??? No dripping while standing though, any thoughts on this? Would this indicate she's close to foaling?

Latest posts

Back