Video

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is your mare from the other thread ? The one with the small udder or the big udder ?

That movement looks like gut movement to me as well .

Ryan

I added a new video above! I think I nailed it this time?! What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Udder looks promising, and I'm thinking I disagree with just gut movement from eating. I wish it was a bit longer. Was she eating? I didn't notice her eating, which is making me think otherwise.

Is that her bag? Can we get a side shot at her level? How far along should she be? She is doing a lot of switching because of the bugs.

Udder looks promising, and I'm thinking I disagree with just gut movement from eating. I wish it was a bit longer. Was she eating? I didn't notice her eating, which is making me think otherwise.
She not eating, there's no hay anywhere near her, not even a strand! She ate last over 2 hours ago, this belly movement went on for over 15 minutes, do you want to see more of the video? Yes that's her utter.

Is that her bag? Can we get a side shot at her level? How far along should she be? She is doing a lot of switching because of the bugs.
This movement went on over 15 minutes and she's not eating, this can't be fly related her entire belly was thumping around, I'll post more of the video

Here's a longer video which I didn't post earlier because two of my minis where so annoyed that my attention wasn't completely on them lol they were pulling my clothes, nibbling my butt haha! So the camera was moving around a lot! Yes there's flies, it's a battle, we live in Southern California and it was 88 yesterday ugh. Everyone has a fly mask except the few that will literally roll and rub until it's off, anyway thank you ladies!

http://youtu.be/Vx6SoBUJEnU

Here's another video I just took... These two stalls you see minis in connect and are open to each other and a large pasture, she's always in the pasture or with the others except the last couple days where she's just standing in the corner

http://youtu.be/DyOUhPU1d2Y

how far along is she supposed to be? Any side shots?
I didn't breed her and I never put her with our stallion, when I noticed bagging coming and going over the last several months I assumed my stallion who does occasionally roam the property got her through a pipe corral, keep in mind he's 29 inches and she's 43 inches so I never suspected this to happen, I had no intention on breeding her but this had to hapoen(if she is pregnant) last August or September as we have not allowed him run of the property since then

Well, I learned long ago, where there's a will.....there's a way. I've had a 36" mare actually squat down for a 28" stallion.

In the first video it appeared she may be elongating also. Perhaps a picture of under her tail, so we can see what her vulva looks like. With an udder like that, and if she is really elongating, and her looking slab sided some of the time, she could well have a baby in July or August.

Hope you post more pictures for us to see her.

How about a side on Pic from at her level ?
default_smile.png

Well, I learned long ago, where there's a will.....there's a way. I've had a 36" mare actually squat down for a 28" stallion.

In the first video it appeared she may be elongating also. Perhaps a picture of under her tail, so we can see what her vulva looks like. With an udder like that, and if she is really elongating, and her looking slab sided some of the time, she could well have a baby in July or August.

Hope you post more pictures for us to see her.
Yes I have heard stories like that lol here's a couple pics I just took, she has literally not moved from her cornerimage.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry for another video but she had some strange behavior tonight, interested to hear what you think is up. Ryan you can see her side view well in this
default_smile.png
thank you so much for all the help! I feel like I've been wondering whats up

Video removed to prevent unnecessary drama, thanks for understanding❤️

Hey Luna, ok that last video is really strange... what was she like after you took that video?

she looks really sore on her feet... makes me think founder only because I had my big horse founder two months ago and he didn't want to walk either...
The fact that she is lifting her tail though is strange... It will be very interesting to see what Diane thinks when she gets on here...

if the foal was on a nerve causing pinching it would only affect the back legs...
has she been rolling at all?

don't want to stress you out and I hope that all is well
default_smile.png
just a bit strange...

Hey Luna, ok that last video is really strange... what was she like after you took that video?

she looks really sore on her feet... makes me think founder only because I had my big horse founder two months ago and he didn't want to walk either...

The fact that she is lifting her tail though is strange... It will be very interesting to see what Diane thinks when she gets on here...

if the foal was on a nerve causing pinching it would only affect the back legs...

has she been rolling at all?

don't want to stress you out and I hope that all is well
default_smile.png
just a bit strange...
She's walking normal in between these episodes, we've had a couple tonight. Yes I'm familiar with founder and soreness we take in rescues now & then, I've delt with it in a couple of them. It looks like she's stretching and reaching a lot. I've only had one foal, it was last year so I'm definitely no expert in pregnancy, I really appreciate your thoughts, thank you! Almost forgot, yes she has rolled a couple times in the last hour

Thank you for taking what I wrote so well.
default_smile.png

Thats great, I'm very glad. hmm has me very puzzled... will wait to see what the more experienced ladies have to say about that one... I've only had two foals born so I'm not expert either hehe
default_smile.png

Honestly, that is pretty strange, and she does seem to be in some kind of discomfort.

On first look, I'd be feeling her feet for any signs of heat, as it appears she is having some difficulty walking. I have had mares that have had a baby sit on a nerve and cause some strange walking behavior, but personally, I'd have a vet come and assess her just to be sure.

With the growing udder, and what appears to be some softening in her vulva, as well as a moving tummy -- she's a bit confusing at this time. If pregnant, she's holding that baby up high and tight -- which we have certainly seen, especially in maidens. Sometimes they don't even look pregnant from the sides when baby is riding so high, and then they just deliver.

It's hard to not be there to put my hands on her, and truthfully, I think the best call would be to have a vet check her out to make sure all is well with her, if possible.

Keep sending the videos, and let us know if it's possible for a vet to check her. She has me puzzled too, but I'm thinking it's time for a professional opinion. The walking has me concerned.

Latest posts

Back