Video / Movie Editing Software Recommendations

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I'm having a time! I need some kind of video (avi format) editing software that will let me edit and mesh video clips on my computer, and then upload to YouTube. I'd really appreciate some tips and input. I'm considering Roxio "Easy Media Creator 10", but open to any and all suggestions. This stuff is very new and frustrating to me.

Thanks!

Jill

Under consideration, but I don't have much of a clue:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/...rtrack=C10newHP

I've fooled with that (the Windows Movie Maker on my computer) but it won't save files in a format that YouTube will accept (or if it will, I don't know how -- urgh!). It saves them as some kind of project, which YouTube wouldn't accept.

Oh!!! I think I got it!!!! I wasn't telling the computer to "publish" the compilations, which seems to save it in YouTube friendly format!!! THANKS!!!!!!

Now my only problem is YouTube isnt cooperative w/ uploading but the format is now correct. If I can't get it to work from here, will try it from my office.

Thanks so much!!!

Thank you so much!!! I'm happy you clued me in that what I already had on this laptop could do all I wanted and pretty easily, too
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Jill if you keep your movies under 100 mb then youtube or photobucket will automatcially get them out of mov and compress and publish to avi etc. automatcially. Short clips are easy I assume you already found out. When your movies go over 100mb and you want to keep all your movie that is when you get into problems and then need an encoder to shrink and compress. Problem is that a lot of them just destroy the quality. There are a lot of free downloads you can try. Some work, others are bad. Try a bunch for free before you make a purchase. Sony Vegas has one, virtual dub is good sometimes, but i've had best luck with "super" just google super converter and follow set up install instructions and then you have to change some values. It works fast. Then its simple to edit and splice and add your own music from your own files and play with frames etc from a variety of editors because you can't do a thing with a mov file. Here is the configuration I have for it: I love it but sometimes it does get hung up and you just have to do it again.

output mp4

codec h.244

audio aac

video size 320 X240

aspec ratio 4-3

frames per sec 30

bit rate 1200

options high quality, stretch it

audio frequency 44100

channels 1

bitrate 48

Jill, i've toyed around with video's from time to time and i use Movie Maker, i think you already figured this out, but go to Publish Movie and you can compress it i you need ext, its actually very easy. I upload the video's to photobucket on there, i have no tried youtube though so not sure how that would work ...

default_biggrin.png

Yep!!! I'd been playing with it and making "things" but didn't get that final "publish" part until this morning :DOH! :DOH! :DOH! It's fun, though!!! Maybe later I can figure how to add music to it (if it does it?).

Leanna try youtube it's fast and simple but keep it under 100 mb

and it will do all the work for you

Jill you CAN add musc, you just have to go to "import media" (i think??) and go to your music file and select a song and then drag that song onto the story board
default_smile.png

I'll give youtube a shot
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! YouTube has music. You just pick what you want and it adds it to your video... not sure I picked the best song for DunIT but got tired of listening to songs so picked one that will do for now
default_yes.gif

This stuff is pretty fun!!!

Latest posts

Back