Video - Driving Clinic, Larry Parnell

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggravation Acres

Reaction score
I have not been driving for long. And I was wondering if anyone out there has seen this vidio.
unsure.gif
Do you think it would be good for someone learning on their own? Thanks for any remarks.

Deb

So, It seems that no one on the forum has had a chance to see this tape.

Or do you just not want to comment on it here.
unsure.gif
If you have had a chance to see it and would rather pm me to talk about it. Please do so.

Thanks

Deb

I'm a new driver too and would be interested also to know how the tape is if anyone on here has seen it.

A couple years ago I purchased the Larry Parnell video. It has some very good suggestions and pointers. However, there are other videos that might benefit you more at this point. Try searching the forum with the words "driving video" and I think you'll see some other good choices.

I have never seen any videos on driving instruction that I thought were worth the purchase price (Not that I have seen many) My advice would be to go to a few combined driving events. If there are people near you who drive ask them for help or at the very least to let you watch their training. driving is such a simple aspect of using a horse that it is entirely possible for a person with no background to do an acceptable job of training a horse to drive. Watch a little ask some questions and try it. Once again look to the search function of this forum and you will find a wealth of information.

It's funny that you should mention the video. I just watched today. I'm getting ready to start driving. I felt that it has a lot of good tips and instruction. Some teachings were a bit confusing. It's worth the money, considering some tapes cost 40.00. My big concern about driving is the bit issue. Good luck, Dionne

Dionne

Thank you, and the others for you comments.

I did think the price was pretty reasonable. So I think the next time I send something in I will get the tape. At least I will have something to work on over the winter. If I watch it enough times maybe things will sink in.
rolleyes.gif

I had someone at an AMHR show check his bit to make sure it was not pinching him.

At open shows everyone drives differently. Some smack the heck out of their horses and they just stand there and others jump all over the place. I haven't even tried touching my guy with the whip yet. I am afraid he would freak out. And I don't need that.
unsure.gif

Deb

Latest posts

Back