Victor show halters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponygirl

Reaction score
Could somebody please post a picture or two (preferably close-up) of a Victor show halter....I understand that these are no longer available to purchase....thanks so much!!!!

Here is the only Victor halter i own. I bought it about 2 years ago. though Mini express (i am pretty sure:)

Hawk1.jpg

Mary --

I think that the picture of Destiny below is in a Victor halter. It is Erica's halter he is wearing:

Destiny%20--%20Pro%20Picture%20--%20052005%20--%2012.jpg

And this is a picture of my mare, Goldie, in what I also think is a Victor halter (owned by CKC / Kim, my friend and Goldie's god mom)

goldie-show-1.jpg

--------------------

Also, in case this could help you or someone else who is reading this and wanting a Victor - ish halter
smile.gif
Here are two that look pretty close.

16879.jpg

Purchase It Here:

http://www.sstack.com/shopping/product/det...=1&keyword=mini

This one you can get with or without the beads on the sides:

lg_PDS_Gold_Halter_05.jpg

Purchase It Here:

http://www.primedesigntack.com/HaltersA.html

smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ponygirl said:
Could somebody please post a picture or two (preferably close-up) of a Victor show halter....I understand that these are no longer available to purchase....thanks so much!!!!
418411[/snapback]

Not sure.....but you kind of sound like you think there is only one type that Victor made. They came in a variety of styles.......just like the Arab styles shown here.

Victor Show Halters

Carol....I wasn't so much wanting to see the "style" as I was the way the halter is made.....it appears that the Victor halters have a "closed ring" from the pics I'm seeing here....I have a good "copy" of a Victor series halter, but mine is not closed ring and has the interchangeable nose band....I was just curious.....mine sure does look like a "Victor"......but it doesn't have a mark or a logo on it anywhere.....

Carol....I wasn't so much wanting to see the "style" as I was the way the halter is made.....
Well, that is the MAJOR difference between the Victors and the so called "Victor style" Victors are just so superior in quality........the leather......the stitching, etc. There are lots of good halters, but for the Arabs, I have not seen any made as good as a Victor. Schneiders also has some nice ones.

Victor tack as a whole is so superior. I have a Victor show saddle that I have shown in now for 20 years. Nothing like it. Butter soft leather and just so well made compared to most other types.

Carol --

Do you know if the weanling Arab size Victors would fit average adult minis???

I know this has come up before, but I don't know if anyone knew the answer.

Jill

Hey Jill.......George will be at US Nationals (Arab) in October. If you give me some measurements I can go and talk with him and see what he has. I am afraid the noseband would be too long..........but hey it's worth a try! To tell you the truth I don't see why he would not custom make one for anyone who would want to pay. I will ask about that too.

Carol

I would be interested to know what it would cost to have 2-3 custom made. From all I have heard, you cannot beat the quality so I feel they'd be halters that would last as long as I could want to show horses and the style is timeless. I don't feel the victor halters that look like those pictured here would ever be out of style. I've tried to aquire good quality equipment over my time so far in minis like a Houghton cart and Lutke harness because those are things that will last me a lifetime of showing
smile.gif
Plus, I really WANT victor halters... if I buy what I feel is "second best" it actually is more expensive int he long run as I'll find a way to get what I really wanted and buy that, then still have what was supposed to hold me over!!!

Uhmm..

I have a superior closed ring patent leather nose halter. It is a HACKNEY foal halter
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

From Lasalle in Rhode Island...

www.lasalleharness.com

Kim

The vendor at the Walla Walla Wa show had halters like that with closed rings they were VERY nice but for the life of me I dont remember who it was.. maybe prime design?

BKM Halters is making a really nice closed ring halter that is similiar to the Victor Halter. Lyn used it last year at the AMHR Nationals. You can go to our website and see the different styles.

Thanks, Lisa - Ozark Mountain

MiniTack.com

Yes, the quality of the Victor halter is superior to most. There are lots of look a like Victors on the market today. Those are fine to use on our little horses and most have closed rings as well, they are made well too. The closed rings are not exclusive to Victor halters.

I have several Victor halters and do no know where there is a logo? Where is it? I have some from Equine Supreme so am sure they are "Victor halters".

Beth

Latest posts

Back