Vicious Dog!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreaminmini

Reaction score
This is my dog, she makes people scream, run out in oncoming traffic, scream at me to stay out of the elevator, not let her on the TTC bus.

http://pxt.virginmobile.ca/enhance/view/la...nt=13"

http://pxt.virginmobile.ca/enhance/view/la...reCount=2"]http://pxt.virginmobile.ca/enhance/view/la...tPictureCount=2

http://pxt.virginmobile.ca/enhance/view/la...tPictureCount=7

emma.jpg

Sorry for all the pics, but I wanted to show people what she is really like.

Not sure but does she strike fear to the very heart of your being? I'm getting a little tired of taking her out and gettting these reactions daily. She was rescued from the pound and how am I suppose to socialize her to the goodness of people with these reactions. I will state she is very friendly, always happy and has never shown aggression to anyone. If anyone pets her she will curl up against you so you can pat her to your hearts content.

sorry, edited to try and put pics instead of links, just can't make it work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how you feel. We used to have the sweetest Chow mix that we rescued (RIP Lucky), but she looked bigger than she was, and she had this funny way of smiling when you smiled. I knew she was saying "I'm happy to see you" but other people thought she was showing aggression. That dog didn't have a mean bone in her body, and I'm sure your pup doesn't either. There's not much you can do about others. If you are kind to her, then she'll continue to respond to people with love and affection.

whitey.jpg

this is my beast whitey-
default_wub.png

she is a dalmationxboxer x 2 akc registered show dogs and stupid kennel help produced this litter, i kept whitey and she ahs been the most loyal loving dog i have ever owned great with kids out in public with the horses and has taught herself to herd, SHE'S AWESOME!!

but people see her and say PITBULL however she goes every where with me and if people are that nervous about her she waits for me in the car, she knows she is a good dog and no one can tell her different

She looks like a sweetie to me.
default_wub.png
They are very anti pit bull here in T.O and there is now a ban on them here. There are some very sweet ones and good, responsible owners but unfortunately the bad owners spoil it for everyone else.
default_no.gif

The one pic. I see doesn't look scary, dreaminmini? What is the dog doing before people react? Is she overly excited to greet? Bouncing? Barking? Pulling? Lunging? Pawing? If she's calm and just evokes fear in people because of her looks alone and she needs socialization, your best bet will be signing up for Obedience classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about going to a dog park? your bound to get some positive feed back there. I know of a group in TO that go on big walks with there pit bulls maybe you should join them some time i bet your dog would love that.

I know how you feel people just freak out when they see a "bully" in the GTA like it's going to eat them or something
default_laugh.png

She would have a heart attack with the "bullies"! She is the size of a cat and terrified of other dogs unless she meets them a bunch of times and some dogs never. Nothong against the "bullies". She's afraid of a chi.
default_biggrin.png

To answer mininik: When these people go by mostly she isn't paying attention or she may walk toward them with her tail wagging. No noise, lunging or anything like that. We do go to the park but have to walk by these people to get there.
default_wink.png

heres a thought when i need to socialize my showdogs i load them up and take them to petsmart.. dogfriendly and everyone elses dogs are under control, she might do good in that type of situation, do you have a petsmart or petco near you?

Can't see your pics.

I'm not a fan of taking my dogs to petsmart. It seems everyone with bad behaved animals brings their dogs there to try and socialize them.

I really enjoy taking my dogs to Tractor Supply Company. TSC welcomes pets. It is not overwhelming with the smell of animals and chances are you will be the only one it there at the time with your dog. I think it would be less stressful for your dog, just dealing with people first, then maybe try the petsmart thing where he/she could socialize with animals as well.

When I go to TSC, everyone wants to pet and talk to my dogs, of course they always ask first. All there are also animal friendly (I mean it is TSC afterall!). My dogs love TSC...way better than petsmart IMO. Most do not know that you can take your dog into TSC, but you can. I do believe it says so on their webpage too.

Good Luck.

Home Depots here also welcome pets and so does our Goodwill. I'm not a fan of dog parks.

Latest posts

Back