VHS to DVD ??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintponylvr

Reaction score
Has anyone taken older VHS tapes and changed them to DVDs? On our system, we can't do that. My hubby says we aren't purchasing the equipment we'd need to do that just for a handful of tapes. Most of our VHS tapes are, of course, copywrited movie types.

Do you have a service that you would recommend? I've heard that Wal-Mart can do it, but haven't seen that service offered at any of the Wal-Marts around us (haven't asked yet).

Also, are there precautions that one should take to be sure that the tape isn't destroyed?

These are tapes from the American Shetland Pony Congress in the 90s (96, 97 & 99) that were taken by an individual and then sold. I haven't been able to contact the original maker. Also are there any copywrite issues with that? These tapes depict ponies in the classes - futurity, halter, driving, some costume. Some have more classes than others, some have a lot or almost all of them. Used to have lists of which classes were on which tapes, but no longer seem to have those!

See if a local store can do it. We have a multimedia store that can do that. Check with photographers and videographers as well. Good luck!

If you have a GOOD computer with more then 2 gb, Walmart has a program that includes the cables that will turn your vhs to dvd. I bought one, got home and discovered that my computer is lacking in several areas so had to return it. It seemed pretty simple to use, just install the software then hook the cables up to the vhs player. It was around $60.00 which I thought was a pretty good deal. Too bad I bought an inexpensive computer with not enough memory. (I really didn't think I would need more.) Funny how fast computers and such evolve. My smart phone has waaaaay more memory then my computer and does almost as much.

I just recently bought a DVD VCR combo so can copy over all the tapes I want--paid $199 which is cheap enough considering that here it costs $30 or so to have someone copy one VHS tape to DVD. I'm told that obe of the computer shops here offers the service --so perhaps check with some of your local computer service/sales shops

Latest posts

Back