vet says my stallion isn't all that skinny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
She said it's typical for them to be over-active. She doesn't think he's bad at all. His ribs are there, but not like a picket fence, she said. I guess she's right, but we have noticed a loss and don't want it to continue.

Just thought I'd post an update and thank you for all your suggestions.

He really needs a place where he can be on pasture all day. That would be best. I'll try to work out something until he can find a new home.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your not useing him then why not geld him? Pasture might not make a difference. We have 2 stallions now, both are on pasture with there mares. One is in perfect shape the other is a bit thin, he gets 24/7 pasture, hay once a day and grain 2 times a day.

why not geld him?
I knew it was only a matter of time before someone said that.

I believe that this guy makes beautiful babies. He's a double bred FWF Blue Boy grandson. If someone else wants to geld him, that's their decision. But IMHO it would be a shame to do so and I won't do it.

Sometimes pictures are very deceiving. Especially if I am the one behind the camera. I have taken some really bad pictures and I swear they don't look like my horses!

Your vet was the one that is there and saw your horse in person not us.

I know you will do what you think is best for this horse that you obviously want to do right by.

I wish you well and good luck.

Latest posts

Back