Vet is coming out today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy appy

Reaction score
Well vet is out today to check on Sugar and make sure everything is still Ok with her and the baby. I have re-added up the days and she is officially at day 339 today. The vet must of made a mistake the first time giving me the due day and I never checked until just a couple of weeks ago. She has been having rough nights, I've been staying awake watching her and lots of very nice people have been concerned also and calling to make sure that I'm watching her. She sseems to be in a pre-labour the last 2 nights, even what looks like very mild pushs. I go and check on her and she seems to be sleeping so is doing it in her sleep. I'm concerned enough now to have the vet in to look at her in case something is wrong or going wrong. She has been somewhat restless in the afternoon/evening times the last 2 days also and getting very grumpy. No milk yet though and her udder has been filling to bursting and then going down to full again.

Hope all goes well, keep us update.. Good Luck
default_wub.png

My thoughts are with your mare. I have one mare that I swear waits for the exact minute I leave to have her baby. One year she held on to the baby fro three days after all the milk strips said she was ready. The moment I went to the house to shower.....she had her baby. I [ray everythign goes smoothly for your mare and she decides to let go of that little one she is hiding.

Well the vet said everything looks great and she is ready to deliver. The foal didn't like being listened to because he started kicking like crazy. Just what I needed to see today.

Latest posts

Back