Very Very exciting news for me/our farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sun Runner Stables

Reaction score
Florida people will know this stallion well-

He has 2 AMHA top 5's ( I believe one in open as a weany and one in Ammy recently- and got a 4th or 5th at AMHR Nationals last year in Ammy stallions-)

I am thrilled and honored as I Never thought these guys would sell this horse, and as I gelded my top 10 weanling (who's now two, as I felt he would be a much stronger show horse as a gelding this year.)

When he came up for sale, I couldn't get the words out fast enough- I ended up going partners with my good personal friend of years as she was the one who turned me onto the deal, and she has always liked him as well.

P1020664.jpg

P1020648.jpg

P1020652.jpg

*Pic's taken In the pasture, muddy and attempting to get him to show, and he's Still pretty! *

So with great pleasure I announce the new home of:

Dale Rays EK Toppers Shining Star, aka Topper

a 6 year old 33 inch AMHA/AMHR registered- dark paint chestnut.

His dam is an Incredible moving mare who has several national titles in driving, and is one of the Very few sons of the late late great Grosshills EK Top of the Line, who was out of Jaded Lady, arguably one of the strongest producing mares in the industry.

Topper himself can also Move, and will be broke to cart assuming it agrees with him! ;)

(And for those that know me well, yes, I will be getting behind the wheel so to speak, I have promised and have been trying to get over my fear of driving and have been well on my way thanks to my Fantastic driving gelding, also from Dale and Roger, Dale Ray/Aloha (A/R depending) Magic Moment. DR was shown by Lee for awhile in halter-

Topper will be heading to AMHA Regionals as he hadn't been competing in A yet this season, only in R- (Dale and Roger were trying to finish off his Hall of Fame, of which in only limited showing this year, he is only a few points away from.)

We are hoping he will qualify for Worlds there, and then he will also go to Worlds, and everything willing, we will go up against the big kids and try to play ball. I have never had a horse of this quality before, and I am just beside myself.

We had been toning down our miniature program to focus on our Welsh and Warmblood program, but with adding a stallion of this quality to our farm, and having gotten as big as we wish mare wise in the big horses... my mother and I are going to be more involved in the miniatures again- *doing a little dance*

We are now in the middle of gathering the rest of our mare herd together to compliment this fine stallion- and will be very excited to share and show his foals in coming years. We are still debating standing him at stud, but may very well, as we already have our Sec A stallion, and are set up to do so, as I would like to get more exposure on him. He will be Futurity nominated in both A and R as well.
default_smile.png

I have ordered his 2 year old Liz proofs, and will share his photos when I get them. I will also be taking a few more casual shots during my trip up to see him and my new filly on Wed to share-

So who's heading to eastern Regionals? Party anyone? ;)

Thank you for reading my book-

Whitney at Sun Runner Stables.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations. Topper is absolutely beautiful. The last time we went to visit Roger and Dale, Topper had a great time harassing my husband Gary over the stall wall. He also makes beautiful babies.

I love to read the excitement in peoples words when they obain something they have longed for. Sounds like you have obtained yours. I too can't wait to see pictures of your boy.

Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
He's a pretty boy
default_yes.gif
Joyce

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll just love having him as your own!
default_yes.gif

I sure can feel your excitement! He's gorgeous. Big Congratulations to you and I look forward to seeing his "Liz" photos!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Many Congrats!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Before I read your post I was guessing at his pedigree..........and then I saw "Topper". Am I wrong???

He has the LOOK!

You are correct Miniv

His sire had very few offspring, in fact he died shortly after the Grosshill sale sadly. (Anyone have the information on that??)

I really love him, he's got the weirdest habit, that apparently runs from his paternal granddam, in all her photos she's doing the same goofy thing- he sticks his lip up and out Just a little tiny bit when he's 'showing'.

I am really excited to see what he does in the future, we have just started him driving and it's just the thing for his smart self. He has some of the nicest movement I have seen in a miniature, and with his flashy markings, I have hopes that he'll enjoy it and do well.

Thank you for all the comments- His titles speak for themselves, but it's even nicer to hear from people I have 'known' on here for years who's thoughts I value.

Thank you everyone very very much-
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

We are getting our little broodmare band cleaned up- I'll post some of his wives later, I am equally, if not more excited by my mares. Then again I am a mare person anyways, so there that is.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back