Very Sad Night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reignmaker Miniatures

Reaction score
The vet called around 4pm yesterday to say things did not look good and Lady had crashed. My (wonderful) husband left work early and we raced to the clinic (over an hour away). When we arrived Lady was down,they had her propped up on her sternum but her breathing was laboured and her abdomen was slightly bloated. What a devastating change from the healthy vibrant little horse she had been. Blood work showed her kidneys were failing and her liver was not functioning at all. I knelt at her head and told her through my flood of tears, how much we had loved having her in our lives and how grateful we were for the time we'd had and how I would miss her pretty face and demanding voice at feeding time. I stroked her neck and thanked her for giving me Dyna her beautiful filly to remember her by. When the vet administered the shot to ease her on her way she too was weeping. She was so upset that she had failed this brave little mare that tried so hard and accepted what they had to do so calmly. As the drug took effect Lady quietly slipped away without a struggle. She was too tired to fight any longer and we had given her the only thing left we could offer and that was peace.

I have to believe that she is running free in those meadows that life as a miniature denied her. Goodbye my sweet Lady.

RIP

Marquis Dynamic Lady

Feb 27, 1998 -- April 24, 2008

oh I am so sorry for your loss. I know it must be devastating. At least she is at peace and is in no more pain... You did the best you could for her so dont feel bad. Take joy in her little one and remember the fond memories... Huggs to you and her little baby.....

I'm so very sorry you lost your precious mare. Words always fail me in a situation like this so I'll sum it up by saying that I'm thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers. I'm sorry
default_no.gif

Jodi

[SIZE=10pt]I'm so sorry you lost your mare, but so glad you have her little daughter to remember her by. HUGS!!!![/SIZE]

Barbie

I am so sorry for your loss. I do understand, having just been in your place a month ago.

We had bought some hay, and it turned out bad. We had gave a little then pulled it.

As fast as we could. The first of the hay did not look that bad. But when I got to the middle

I saw it was moldy. I ran to grab all the hay up. Several were eating it. The next day

2 colic. Both of those came through okay. Then the next day, we had acted like choke.

Rushed her to the Vets, and he tube her. Then she colic while there. She seemed better.

So I brought her home. Watch her over the two days, and then she crashed. I rushed her

back to the Vets. And tried to save her, but we had to put her down. She had ruptured.

And there was no hope. We do all we can, and some times we have to let them to and

go on to Heaven's beautiful gates. Where your mare just joined mine.

Now Whisper and Lady are running together.

Prayers and Hugs

Vicky

What a beautiful and elegant tribute you have written for your little Lady.

How we wish the outcome would have been different . . .

Please know that our prayers and heartfelt condolences are with all of you.

Best,

Lee & Cory

OH! I am so very sorry. You tried so hard and did everything you could. I am glad you were with her at the end.

Hugs,

Robin

I am so sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
It is so hard when we loose one, and I feel ,even harder when we have to make the decision to let one go.

I am sure she is running through the pastures over the rainbow bridge.

Oh God....My gut hurts. My heart hurts for you. Yes, you did the ultimate act of love for her, but I do know what you are feeling........

I CAN guarantee that Lady IS running free, healthy, and happy in a beautiful green valley.....with a sparkling creek weaving through it. Call me crazy, but I have seen it. And she was greeted by other animals she knew or has a connection with in some way. I hope she comes to you in your dreams and tells you herself that she is happy.

Oh I am so sad to hear this.... I am glad that you got to say goodbye and she didnt go by herself.

I'm so sorry!!!

My heart goes out to you. It's so hard to lose one, and sometimes even harder to make the choice to let them go. At least you were with her at the end. Please give her little filly a hug (I'm sure you could use one yourself).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so, so sorry --- I've been in your place and I know how hard this is. Please know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Liz R.

Ah what a shame reading this l was so hoping that your mare would pull through...am very sorry she didn't make it. Love on her filly lots that will give some comfort in the days to come l know it did for me when my mare died and left a month old filly behind and l swear l could see the mom shine through in her eyes making me love her even more...

Latest posts

Back