VERY belated introduction

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Songcatcher

Reaction score
Valliant, OK 74764 near Texas and Arkansas
Early last summer I bought a mare at an auction. This mare has very good bloodlines and was listed as pasture bred to a stallion with very good bloodlines. I didn't really give her a lot of consideration before the sale because I didn't figure she would be within my budget. Well, when she came in the ring, I was shocked that she was not bringing a higher bid than she was, and I bid. I got her.

I have hesitated to say much about her because I seriously questioned in my mind if she was bred or even breedable at the price I got her for but I felt she was worth the gamble.

We have no vet in our area that can ultrasound Minis (at least that is what I thought at that time). So, after the heat of summer began to cool off I began teasing her and she was showing heat. Not surprised. I put her in with Image, my Rowdy grandson and he promptly bred her. Before Christmas I found that there is a vet about 30 miles from me that does ultrasound Minis so I took her for the test. He does not do a lot of Minis and could not give me exact dates, but said she was definately in foal, around two months! That corresponds with her breeding dates to Image.

So, here is Fallen Ash Scouts Very Violet, a direct daughter of L&D Scout and full sister to Fallen Ash Scouts Thief Of Hearts. d.o.b. 5/12/98. 31 inches tall and vet checked in foal to McSperitts Rowdy Night Image (Rowdy grandson) for September or October '10. I am so looking forward to this foal. Violet was A registered only when I bought her, but when I found out for sure that she was bred, I quickly sent in her AMHR registration.
default_risa8.gif
Can you tell I'm excited about this mare?

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

Congratulations!! She is a very beautiful mare. We dont have anyone in our area that will ultrasound minis. There are not very many around here. We have had the vet use a external machine that they use on llahmas and goats. We were able to see the foal but thats about it. Just to make sure that the mare was infact in foal. So also congratulations for finding a vet.

First, congratulations on such a pretty mare. Second, congrats on such a pretty mare with such an awesome pedigree! Thirdly, congrats on the new baby on the way!! Very cool all around.

Really like her!

Freeland, she is just beautiful. Love her color!

How exciting to get a foal from her this year! YEA!!

Congrats!

Congrats!! If she is a full sister to Thief of Hearts then I own a maternal half sister - Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic, sired by FWF Blue Boys Magic Man. They also have a meternal half sister that was a National Champion or Reserve, I believe. Yes, nice bloodlines!

Congrats!! If she is a full sister to Thief of Hearts then I own a maternal half sister - Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic, sired by FWF Blue Boys Magic Man. They also have a meternal half sister that was a National Champion or Reserve, I believe. Yes, nice bloodlines!
Yes, they are both out of Fallen Ash Goodbye Girl. I would love to see pictures of your mare.

Very beautiful mare. Congratulations. And congrats on the foal she is carrying.

She is sure a nice looking mare! Congrats on her Freeland, and We will look forward to seeing her foal!
default_smile.png

I'm glad you got her bred. I'll be waiting to see what you get!
default_smile.png

Good for you, Freeland! Glad you've got her in foal too. That ought to be a really nice foal!
default_smile.png

Wow a Scout daughter.... color me jealous! Congrats on a pretty new girl!

Latest posts

Back