Vericose Veins NHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeyranch

Reaction score
There are so many people here on the forum that I'm thinking surely someone else has dealt with this and could offer some advice.

My son had a physical for football (he's 14) and the doctor says he has testicular varicole. Which is basically a vericose vein in the testicle. It's a common thing, but she sends us to a urologist, who then says my son "has to have surgery, because I do want him to have children some day don't I ?!"

So now, this Dr. is sending us to Dallas, to see a pediatric urologist.

I already don't like this doctors office, they seemed a little rude on the phone, and the paperwork they sent me has a hand written note on the top that says "10 min. late policy." As if I know what that means. I suppose it means my appointment will be cancelled or I will be billed if I'm late! Don't mind the fact that I am driving 3 + hrs. to get there!

Everything I have read says surgery is not necessary so I would just like to see if anyone else has any more info.
frusty.gif

I dont know anything about it, but I would get a second opinion about from another doctor.

My brother had a similar condition. It was not a major issue and was a very simple procedure. I do not think it is a matter of preventing future parenting but this might depend on the severity. The urologist is the one to talk to. You do not have to like the doctor, you need to have faith in his ability. The surgeon who put in my wifes artificial hip had no bedside manner at all. But he could cut better than any other orthopod around. Thats why he was a good doctor.

Latest posts

Back