Vent...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyL

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just needed to vent.

My family is moving in about four months. We still have about three months of school left, and I have been busy, with horse judging practice and contests, and homework, plus many other things. My Mom wants me to box up my room, and I have been trying, really I have. But I look around the room and wonder, if I pack that up, will I need it two weeks from now? And if I do box it, and I happen to need it, will I remember what box I put it in? :no:

My mom does not live with the rest of the family during the week. She works three and a half hours away, and only makes it home on weekends. So that is the reason, me, my siblings, my dad and the animals are moving up there this summer, to be with her. When my mom is home on the weekends, I can't do anything really..I have to stick around the house, and I can understand that, but if she is making me move, I would like to have more then one date with the guy I like, or go out with friends too..I balance it so that I still see her more throughout the weekend. So its not like I am gone for days on end, just like a Saturday afternoon or a Saturday night every now and then....and it feels like I am on house arrest when she doesn't let me go out at all. She doesn't have to let me do stuff every weekend, but it seems like she is cracking the whip lately. I don't know, maybe I am just being selfish...

When she got the job up there, I tried to be happy. But, I know this is selfish, I kept thinking about all the stuff I was leaving behind. The memories I have made here, the people I always thought I'd graduate with, my friends, my routine, my boyfriend, my place...

My animals will be coming with me, and that is a plus at least.

My mom tries to tell me its for the best, but I don't know if she realizes that no one else wants to leave. We were doing fine before she got this job, why can't we go back to that?

I have already moved once in my lifetime, and I don't want to do it again. I am 16 and going to start 10th grade year in a new school...new pecking orders, new bullies, and new everything.

I have just finally settled into my life. I am comfortable in my skin, I am happy right now. And now its all being torn apart..

I guess I am just being selfish...
default_unsure.png
:

I can't give you a really good answer, hopefully one of the forum Mom's will see this and beable to help more than I can, but................

I think it would be a great thing if you asked your Mom to sit down with you, ask her nicely to just listen until your done, and you tell her all the stuff you just told us.

You might be surprised at the outcome, she might not realize the effect all of this is having on you, and she might try to make some of it better.

Hope this helps a little
default_smile.png

Ugh, the moving part of moving really SUCKS doesn't it? I've had to do it too... twice a year fr 3 years and once already this year because I've been moving back and forth between home and school. Thats a lot of moves, and we have to pack during EXAM time because we have to be out of rez 12 hours after our final exam
default_wacko.png
: So I've had experience with the pre-pack. Its not fun. Its not easy. It never seems to work out right. BUT its a necessity.
default_sad.png
My suggestion is to pack all your room decorations first except a few pictures and posters so you can still have something to look at in your room. Only a few though! All your extra blankets can be packed. As for packing things you might need.. have a few boxes set aside for items like that, and label the boxes. Number them all 1-whatever and keep a notbook with a page for each box. When you put something in a box you think you might want later, write it in your book.

I can totally sympathize with you on not getting to see your friends much before you move. I made some good friends in rez and with end of the year exams I never got to see them much before I moved either. I think you're being very responsible to limit the amount of time you spend away so you can see your mom, you sound likeyou're very considerate. Can you have friends over to your place instead of going out sometimes? She also might not realize that she hasn't been letting you go out as often lately, so maybe if you just talked to her about it she might ease up a little. Do you talk to your dad about this stuff at all? He might be able to give you some good ideas for talking to your mom too.

Just remeber alittle something about Moms, and it might help you understand why she wants you all to move to be with her... moms are people too and when you're older and are gone out on your own your mom will want to have a life of her own, and accomplishments of her own. I know making new friends sucks, but you're going to have to do it many many times over the course of your life as you go to new schools, go off to college, change jobs, etc. Its all a part of life. Hey, you might really like your new school!

You know,.....

I was sooo angry at Fred for the logest time,..for making us leave our home province and move 3000 miles away ,..for a job!!!
default_sad.png

I know exactly where you are coming from,....but,......in time ,...im sure it will get better,.....just remember that your mom is doing it ,....only cause she loves you and wants to try to make a better life for you!
default_yes.gif
:

I have to keep telling myself that over and over again ,..about Fred!
default_wacko.png
:

((((hugs)))),...if you need to talk, email me anytime. Terri :saludando:

Latest posts

Back