Vampire book series

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby - LB

Admin / Mod
Reaction score
I started reading a new (to me) series in March, it's about Vampires and so far I really like it.
default_yes.gif

It is the A Shade of Vampire series by Bella Forrest. It took me a little while to get into her style of writing but I'm really liking the story and the characters now!

Last night I started book 3 and I thought I would recommend it here, some of you may want to try it.

I got mine with Amazon Prime.

Here is a excerpt about the story:

On the evening of Sofia Claremont's seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake. A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.
She is kidnapped to an island where the sun is eternally forbidden to shine.
An island uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet. She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains.
Sofia's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is the one selected out of hundreds of girls to join the harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal Prince.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds interesting, I'm looking for something to spark my interest, I've read all the zombie books that I can take for now so this may be a possibility. There is an author named Raymond Benson who has a series called The Black Stiletto who is a female caped crusader, I've read the first 3 books and getting into the mood for the last one.

Thanks for the recommendation!

You have to read The Passage if you like a great vampire book...and I like a good vampire book
default_smile.png

oooh that sounds good! I think that one is a book Jill also recommended to me. If I don't already have it on my wish list I'll add it, thanks so much.

eta I just looked and it is available with Prime yay! I already read The Twelve so am looking forward to it.

Oh good! Prime comes in handy
default_smile.png

Another good one to put on your list is Wool.

Lucky Seven I looked up the book you recommended too The Black Stiletto, it sounds good. I clicked it to add to my wish list so I wouldn't forget it. Since you like Zombies have you read the Mira Grant Feed trilogy?

The book " Wool " is it by Hugh Howie? I just saw it on Amazon for kindle for just my price $00.00
default_wub.png
so I just got it. Thanks so much all.

Can't beat that! Yes, that's the one and I hope you like it! It's a little strange, but it is good! The author never actually intended to publish it as a book. I think he put it out as 3 different story segments online and it took off from there. It's a creative story though and good writing.

when I finished Larry D. Thompsons new novel (loved it btw) then I read WOOL... omg I really like that book. It took me a little while to get into it then I couldn't put it down. I don't think I have ever read a book twice completely but I re-read that one the next day. I'm reading the second one Wool 2 now.

Lucky Seven I looked up the book you recommended too The Black Stiletto, it sounds good. I clicked it to add to my wish list so I wouldn't forget it. Since you like Zombies have you read the Mira Grant Feed trilogy?

The book " Wool " is it by Hugh Howie? I just saw it on Amazon for kindle for just my price $00.00
default_wub.png
so I just got it. Thanks so much all.
No, I haven't read those books but will look them up and forward to my kindle, they sound interesting.

I just got a sample of Feed by Mira Grant and ordered Wool by Hugh Howie, that one looks so good I also ordered samples of the sequels.

The Jeaniene Frost books look good also. Another to put on my "to read list"

That's great, Debby, I'm so glad you liked it! Haven't read the 2nd one yet, so you'll have to tell me how good (hopefully) it is
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back