Valentine Day Plans?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihorse

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi all,
Hope you are having a good day and have something special to do with your Significant Other, or even the well loved minis and friends.

Do you have any plans? Special cooking or going out to eat?

I think I'm going to take my Mom a cake at her house. I know where a great little coconut cake is, and she loves coconut cake.

And what about the conversation hearts not being made this year, so Krispie Kreme is making some heart shaped donuts for today?

Hi Angie. I didn’t have any special plans but I did find some macaroons in a pretty box hung on my door when I came home. Seems an Aunt thought I needed a bit of Valentines Day goodies.

I sometimes work as a waiter at a local restaurant tonight was one of those nights. Very busy due to Valentine’s Day and made some nice tips. I’ll buy my brother and I a nice steak for grilling this weekend. If the weather is decent and not a monsoon. No lady friend this year.

Not a fan of the lottery, but I get my husband $20 worth for Father's Day and Valentine's. This time he scratched off $24, so we came out ahead!
He cooked our steak on the smoker, instead of just on the grill, for something special.

@Marsha Cassada I’ve never has a steak in the smoker how is that done? How long does it have to be in the smoke?

Not a fan of the lottery, but I get my husband $20 worth for Father's Day and Valentine's. This time he scratched off $24, so we came out ahead!
He cooked our steak on the smoker, instead of just on the grill, for something special.

Every now and then a lottery ticket is fun, if it’s entertainment funds. At least that’s how I think of it. Very neat that he won more than that ticket cost.

Yes, it doesn't happen often that one can win on lottery tickets, but the suspense can be fun. One can get quite a lot of scratching out of $20.
Usually we just put the steaks on our gas grill with a chunk of mesquite. Easy and quick. This time he used the smoker. He did charcoal and built a mesquite fire in the smoker side. Our neighbor doesn't use the charcoal; he just smokes it, but we wanted a different flavor. Next time we might use apple or pecan instead of mesquite. We just have LOTS of mesquite here, so it's easy. Using charcoal and the smoker was quite a lot of trouble for a Tbone. Probably we'll just stick with the gas grill from now on (though it was nice for a special occasion.)

Latest posts

Back