Vaccines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
So admittedly, I have not vaccinated my horses in the past two years, but I haven't done anything with them. They have been on my parents property, we have no neighbors with horses, don't see other horses, ect. They have been fine.

However now that I have moved away from my horses, I am boarding them at a local place and am going to get them vaccinated, I am just not sure what to use.

Would this one work?

__ Vaccine Equine Fluvac Innovator 6-3 Way Sleeping Sickness,Flu,Tetanus,Rhino EHV-1 And EHV-4 __

Our price 19.09

Market price $25.90

You save $6.81

Qty:

Size: SINGLE DOSE WITH SYRINGE AND NEEDLE(DATED 7-28-09)

FLUVAC INNOVATOR 6(Fort Dodge) a popular 8-way vaccine that protect against Eastern, Western And Venezuelan Encephalomyelitis(Sleeping Sickness), Flu, Tetanus and Rhino(EHV-1 and EHV-4). Metastim adjuvant gives rapid immunity and disease protection. Give 1ml dose IM and repeat in 2 to 4 weeks and annually thereafter.

I know I need a rabies vaccine from a vet, but do I need anything else for them?

Thanks for being helpful everyone. It means a lot to me.

That is the vaccine I have used for several years.This year we did 30 Minis here including as old as 20 and as young as 11 months..Had a few reactions from neck shots, but nothing major.I also give Rabies and West Nile.

I would check with your local vet as to what you should vaccinate for (if you have potomac in your area, etc).. Living in colorado, you for sure need to vaccinate with WNV. Even though you don't have other horses around, its mosquitos that carry the diseases. I know lots of people who don't vaccinate horses that don't leave, but I wouldn't want to take the chance. The only horses that have died from WNV around here are the ones that aren't vaccinated.

I'd also want to know if WNV is a concern in your area.

MY non-pregnant horses if we aren't showing get a WNV combo that has WNV, E/W enceph., and Tetanus. They also get a rabies shot. If we were going to shows, or around horses who did, then they'd also get Flu/Rhino periodically (depending on exposure risks).

Latest posts

Back