Vaccine Question...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnShadowsFarm

Reaction score
Ordered Merial WN vaccine from Agri-Med and it arrived warm...86 deg to be exact. (We have a pro medical thermometer that measures surface temps)

Agri-Med said it's OK to use, but when I contacted Merial, they said it's only good for a few hrs at that temp. Of course, no telling how long it's been on the truck and at that temp or higher (even though it was sent 2 day with cold packs).

Anyone with experience PLEASE respond!

Thanks,

Felicia

Last edited by a moderator:
I had ordered a shot from KV Vet. It had came cold packed. It was on porch at about the same degree as yours for no more than 2 hours. It was then refridgerated. I called the company & they had 3 vets on staff. They told me that as long as it wasn't in the 100 degree range and not out in direct sun, it should be fine. I have used it & nothing has happened to my horse. I will not order anymore shots this time of year. When I have ordered during the cold weather, the cold packs were still half cold when my shots came.
saludando.gif

My guess is that it's ok to use. I doubt if it had been warm very long.

I just ordered vaccine too, from Agri Med on Monday. Overnight. It arrived sometime on Tues. I found it sitting by the front gate in the sun!!! I rushed it inside and opened it and fortunately, the cold packs were still half ice and the vaccine was very cold! I would only order vaccine this time of year overnight.

Latest posts

Back