Vacation plans?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We didn't get a honeymoon either. But it's fun to think about!
default_smile.png

I would love to have a vacation away from home. When I was growing up, my parents and I always went camping but my hubby isn't into that or any kind of traveling. He is such a homebody that when our daughter announced she was moving to Florida next year I suggested that we go down for a visit and maybe move there to get away from the NY winters. I thought he was going to have a seizure! lol, no way was he going there! No shopping or going out to dinner either. He uses the 2 horses and dog as excuses, someone always has to be here to watch over them. Such a bummer

Going for a 2 week trip to England and Scotland in September, with my twin brother and mom; my mom is from Glasgow and my bro and I have never been. Very excited!

I'm either going to Costa Rica or Jamaica for Christmas, with my friends or my sis respectively.

Then (don't hate me lol), Kev and I will be doing our regular trip to Puerto Vallarta in February or March.

We have not been anywhere in so long it's pitiful. We did go out of town for the day last year when my daughter got married and I really, realy enjoyed it.

We had a week or two vacation every year when I was growing up but since being married we went a few years back in the 80's and that's about it. I never got a honeymoon either but it didn't bother me, at the time our idea of a honeymoon was stopping at the county line for some boonesfarm when we left the court house..... There are some places I would like to go to, Scotland is one of them, but then I look into it and change my mind. I over think and over analyze things to death when researching. I don't know why I can't just relax and go without worrying about leaving my babies and belongings behind.

I wonder if someone could actually make a business out of farm sitting. A travelling farm sitter, maybe with their own RV. Park and stay, watching the farm and animals, then drive to the next place and do it again.

Field of Dreams that sounds like a great idea.It would depend on the attitude of the person where they were sitting.Several years ago Karl and I took a trip to Idaho and Montana.Had a great time I thought.Had a farm sitter-I thought she was great.Karl,however, is a hoarder, and heaven forbid, they touched some of HIS STUFF.We were gone 10 days and he still comments about the care.The animals were all happy and healthy we we got home and that's all I cared about.I would hire a farm sitter again in a minute.No vacation for me this year unless it is a trip to the hospital for a heart catheterization and possible stents.Not much of a vacation.Hopefully in spring 2015 I can go to NV to see my only grandson graduate from high school.I will have my vacation just reading about others fun adventures.

I think it would be fun. You'd have to have a calendar and make arrangements in advance, but I could see touring the country, visiting all these fun Mini people and taking care of the farms.

Vacation.... what's that?

We couldn't even afford a honeymoon. Maybe some day.

Only vacation I could go on, is when I had to fly to VA, to visit hubby and find a house to live in. Was nice though.

Luckily my DS was old enough to take care of all the animals.

If DH and I can scrape the money together... we would like to take our first real vacation some time in the next year.

DS is bunking here, while going to college, so he would be able to take care of the wee farm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back