Use Jerald type carts only for breed shows?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgiegirl

Reaction score
I thought I had read on here somewhere that at the breed shows that you can only show with the "Jerald" type show carts. Is that correct information? I cant seem to find the thread I thought I saw before.

Would a really nice easy entry be suitable, or are those only for the smaller shows?

Thank you in advance

Easy Entry carts are legal for the breed ring, but not as "polished," if you know what I mean. I qualified for AMHA World with the horse in my avatar years ago in our first driving class in an easy entry. That said, when I took him to Regionals, I borrowed a show cart from someone. I'm lucky enough to still be borrowing a show cart that would sit unused if I were not using it. Here's what it comes down to: If the performance of your horse is equal to that of another horse in the class, the judge will take into consideration your cart, tack, etc and an easy entry isn't as nice as a true show cart.

I use an Easy Entry at home, but use a Graber cart at shows. Grabers are very nice carts and are much cheaper than Jeralds and Houghtons. They are also definitely much lighter than a Houghton.

Easy Entry carts are legal for the breed ring, but not as "polished," if you know what I mean. I qualified for AMHA World with the horse in my avatar years ago in our first driving class in an easy entry. That said, when I took him to Regionals, I borrowed a show cart from someone. I'm lucky enough to still be borrowing a show cart that would sit unused if I were not using it. Here's what it comes down to: If the performance of your horse is equal to that of another horse in the class, the judge will take into consideration your cart, tack, etc and an easy entry isn't as nice as a true show cart.
I use an Easy Entry at home, but use a Graber cart at shows. Grabers are very nice carts and are much cheaper than Jeralds and Houghtons. They are also definitely much lighter than a Houghton.
Thank you for the information. Do you have a link for the Graber carts? I tried to Google them without much luck.

They aren't online, they are Amish. I know people on here have recently bought Grabers, including Lori (MiLo Minis on the Forum). I'm sure someone will be on soon to help you out with a phone number. That is a Graber pictured in my avatar, by the way.

I found this information on an old thread. Maybe it will help?

Graber carts are made by :

Lester Graber

Graber Manufacturing

8008 1050N

Odon, IN 47562

812-636-7725

I found this information on an old thread. Maybe it will help?
Graber carts are made by :

Lester Graber

Graber Manufacturing

8008 1050N

Odon, IN 47562

812-636-7725
Thanks Becky! You saved me the trouble. Stephanie sent me here to give georgiegirl the number and you beat me to it. I will second Stephanie in saying that the Graber is a great little cart. I have 2 of them now
default_rolleyes.gif
I have my first one that is open wheeled with both wire and wooden wheels and the one I just picked up at Nationals that is closed wheel. They are light, well built and well balanced. I have driven mine in the breed show ring as well as pleasure driving shows. Very nice cart!

You can also buy Graber carts through Prime Design if you prefer to deal with someone with an internet presence. They are great!

Leia

Latest posts

Back