Urgent Notice: Potential Danger of Horse Hair

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peggy Hogan

Reaction score
Urgent Notice: Potential Danger of Horse Hair

This is a public service announcement.

In a press release today, the National Institute of Health has announced the discovery of a potentially dangerous substance in the hair of horses. This substance, called "amobacter equuii" has been linked with the following symptoms in females: Reluctance to cook, clean or do housework.

Reluctance to wear make-up, good clothes or heels.

Reluctance to spend money on home or car repairs until after "baby has new shoes,pad, blanket, tack, grain, hay & supplements".

"Amobacter equuii" usually results in long hours away from home and exhaustion which may lead to a loss of physical contact with other humans (especially husbands). "Amobacter equuii" is thought to be addictive, driving the need for additional sources - this may lead to a "herd mentality" or like the potato chip commercial, "you can't have just one". (Especially potent if infected from miniature equines)

Beware! If you come in contact with a female human infected by this substance, be prepared to talk about horses for hours.

Surgeon General's Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

default_rolleyes.gif

That's it - I'm INFECTED!! Pretty sure it's extremely contagious among those of the female persuasion also.

I've also heard that those seriously affected have a tendency to drive big trucks - laugh at little cars, and haul big trailers through the drive through at McDonalds.

i've heard the only cure for this disease involves subzero temperatures, frozen stock tanks and slogging around in snow drifts up to your posterior but it's only a temporary cure and lasts mere minutes and "WHY do i have horses???" is only a fleeting thought.

happily, there is no vaccination for this affliction.
default_wink.png

Oh ha ha that is soooo funny, as I sit here with "potato chip" number 3 in my field. I got infected again recently. My new boy just came for a "visit" this summer and lo and behold right before winter.... I have the disease again. Watch it folks, you can have this disease many times.
default_laugh.png

default_doh.gif
Well, THAT explains the chest pain, shortness of breath and why I am having heart surgery tomorrow!
default_no.gif
P.S. Wish me luck
default_pray.gif
so when I am all fixed up I can get reinfected with the "mini-flu virus"

That's it - I'm INFECTED!! Pretty sure it's extremely contagious among those of the female persuasion also.
I've also heard that those seriously affected have a tendency to drive big trucks - laugh at little cars, and haul big trailers through the drive through at McDonalds.
LOL....and I thought I was the only one who drove my truck/trailer through fast food places LOL.

default_doh.gif
Well, THAT explains the chest pain, shortness of breath and why I am having heart surgery tomorrow!
default_no.gif
P.S. Wish me luck
default_pray.gif
so when I am all fixed up I can get reinfected with the "mini-flu virus"
ACK!!! OK....prayers and luck being sent your way. And also the wish for many more pain free years of mini-flu, horse hair virus infections....

I sent this to my mom. She called me back and told me she was so relieved to finally have a diagnosis for my problems. LOL!

I have this bad so I am going to go visit LKF on the 17th so I can get some medicine. Lol!!!!!!!!!

Too Funny, I have this disease also and think I'm in the final stages. I don't think there is a cure. But you know what.... I would rather be infected with this then cook, and clean...LOL

Hey, DRK, you might be onto a related off shoot of the horse disease, the clean vs dirty house symptom. I am sitting here thinking my horse hair infection is so bad that I have episodes of cleaning my stables to perfection while my dishes are piling up in the sink in the house. Totally dangerous.
default_new_shocked.gif

Looks like it is spreading globally (sp) ... several known cases increasing throughout Europe, 2 known cases in Switzerland.

Hey, DRK, you might be onto a related off shoot of the horse disease, the clean vs dirty house symptom. I am sitting here thinking my horse hair infection is so bad that I have episodes of cleaning my stables to perfection while my dishes are piling up in the sink in the house. Totally dangerous.
default_new_shocked.gif
LOL, You sound just like me...!!!

My barns, and fields could pass the white glove test but my house is another story.... Since contracting this disease it looks like a bomb went off inside.. I'm so use to seeing dishes in the sink that it now looks normal
default_new_shocked.gif

But the horses are happy !!!!!

Instead of buying another horse I need to hire a house cleaner
default_new_shocked.gif

DRK, sooooo true, but then I think my house might even be too cluttered for a house cleaner. haha, I would have to clean before I would let anybody in. I even fork up all the horse poos in the paddock before I go to work in the morning since contracting the horse hair disease (three times now). I would never miss cleaning the stable, no matter what the weather, and I have finally figured out that the vacuum in the house is better used for hanging a barn coat on the handle. snicker snicker.

Latest posts

Back