urgent central Il transport needed 8/31/2006

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMCshamusmom

Reaction score
If a horse adoption could go wrong this one has- too long a story to tell here, but the woman I adopted my mini colt out to is demanding that I pick him up tomorrow between 2PM and 10 PM south of Decatur IL

" or else..." She emailed this afternoon, the first notice I got that she wanted to give him back...she says she is leaving him and he will be without care for the next 5 days if I don't get him tomorrow. I can not find anyone near me to pick him up, but have a friend without a trailer who could meet someone in Decatur and show the way to my home near Bloomington. This is about an hour away from Decatur. We would reimburse you for gas and your trouble if you could help us get this colt home. Our only other choice will be to phone local humane authorities and hope they can get to him... this woman has given us no time to work to get him back home to me and the whole thing has been a nightmare. All I wanted was a good home for him .... she sure fooled us! please email me at [email protected] and leave me your phone number if you can help, and I will get back to you either later tonite or first thing 8/31...

I must now leave for work and will return home around 9PM when I will check my emails.... Please help if you can. Thanks in advance for every CMHR member.... you are a blessing to the little ones.... deb

deb im so sorry this happened!!! The only person I know who "might" be able to go that fast is Josh at Lennies farm. I know he does do transport for a fee. You might try calling him. The number is on lennies site at www.bertrandshorseranch.com

Might be worth a call?

Geez, you never know what or why some people do what they do. Helloooo Illinoisians there must be someone out there that can help. PLEASE, It will give you a very warm happy feeling to know you helped someone in need. In this case a little colt. It's only 46 miles, you can do it. One hour, just one hour.

Ginny StP

Last edited by a moderator:
several people have contacted me about giving "spot" a ride... I have somebody going to get him this evening while I attend to a family emergency out of town. when it rains it pours... I will post again when we get him home or if things go wrong... if we can't get him tonite we will have to try again this weekend. The woman has threatened to leave him for the next 5 days without care... will post a follow up once I get back from attending my emergency and am able to talk to those who are picking him up. If I get home midnight tonite and he is in my barn all is well. Will keep all you caring and generous folks updated. Thanks for all...

Deb in Illinois

Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou

Spot is home and knew exactly where he was when he got out of the truck. I found somebody to haul him in the back of her pickup with the cap on... he rode like a champ, and nickered when he saw me... I am so glad to have him back. I don't understand how this woman could have fooled us so badly. She wanted him and seemed experienced with horses enough to handle him (he is a yearling colt) she promised to geld him, we inspected her place and she made all improvements we recommended, she came to get him and seemed happy with him... then the stuff hit the fan... threatening to sue us for fraud, sue us for all sorts of other things, using nasty vile name calling, etc etc etc... demanding a refund of her donation, but wanting to keep the horse, etc etc.... threatening several times to 'dispose of the animal" etc..... then this threat to abandon him. thanks to all who volunteered to help and for your kind encouragement. I think I will be keeping Spot for the forseeable future. I had adopted him out believing our farm had been sold. Well the sale fell through, and we aren't going to try to sell it again for a while, so Spot will have a chance to live here for a long time yet, and I'm glad of it. Alls well that ends well..... thanks for all... Deb

im so glad it turned out ok, but so sorry you had to go thru all that stress

Deb

Glad he's [SIZE=14pt]home[/SIZE] where he belongs!!!

Latest posts

Back