Urbana Summer Sizzler

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afoulk

Reaction score
With the economy the way it is I have been fortunate enough to attend shows with really good number. The Urbana, Ohio Summer Sizzler had 158 horses. The pony turn out was really great. While the weather on Saturday was not good as it rained hard most of the day the show management worked very hard and all horses got shown and judged. The judges were very acommodating and pleasant under not so good conditions. I think everyone had a great time. The announcing was some of the best that I have every seen. Clear concise and kept everyone informed of what was going on at all times. I have been to this show for many years and it only gets better. Sure would like to see more hunter, jumper, obstacle entries.

Saw alot of new faces mixed in with the old faces and I just had a plain ole good time even in inclement weather. Then there was the quality of horses. All I can say is WOW. The yearling over filly class had 12 entires and each one of those horses could have taken a 1st. I will definitely want to watch this class at Nationals. We also had some long distance travelers at this show. I know that there were horses from Canada, North Carolina, Illinois, Michigan, Pa, Indiana, Kentucky and I am sure more. A great sampling of quality horses. A great show to put on your Calender for next year.

Arlene

Glad to hear that the show had a great turn out. The yearling filly over class has been big all season so far. Arlene please email me and let me know how your horses did.

I agree the quality in horses at this show was most likely the best from all of the shows we have attended this year. It was a great weekend and i felt the judges were great. The weather was beautiful yesterday but Saturday it poored down..we had to keep pushing water back to keep it out of our isle and tack stall. I ended up scratching a gelding class on Saturday because of the rain.

Congratulations to all....it sounds like a great show!

We were there for the first time, great turnout and some amazing horses. It was a long weekend for us with a 5 hour ride to the show which we didn't get home and unloaded until midnight, made it rough getting up for work this morning. They had to run the last of the Saturdays classes first thing Sunday morning and that made everything run behind for the Sunday's sessions, considering the amount of rainfall and the tornado that touched down 10 miles away, everything went as best as could be done in the rain situation that had happened in Urbana. The cookout was very nice and great people there as well from all over.

hi

Was there a professional photographer at this show by any chance????

Im interested to see photos from this show.

Congrats to all!!

Samantha

No I do not believe there was a photographer at this show

Arlene

Latest posts

Back