Updates from the Sea-Tac show?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mominis

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any results from the Sea-Tac show? I have a couple of friends I've made here on the forum who are showing there and I'd love to hear how things are going.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited to hear how everyone did at the show. I know it is a long weekend for everyone so maybe on Monday we will get some updates.

ok

Sea-Tac show

Lets just say there should have been a bunch of happy barns

judges all over the place.

Some very quality horses out there!

The senior mare class of 32-34....Im glad I wasnt one of the judges. Very impressive class.

We missed most of Friday..as we drove over that day.

Liberty had like 27 (?) horses....and this year the majority were caught.
default_smile.png

There were 6 kids in the 7 & under class. Thats a wonderful number.

I have to commend the judges! They were gracious with youth and adults alike. A smiling helpful judge is always a major asset.

Nickie, my very bestest daughter, had a good show.

She can share all of that.

3 different Supremes were chosen...always good to see that in my opinion.

Looked like everyone was having fun. Cant beat that!

Susie G

oh yeah....I have some of the results so if you need them...might have them.....

We had a blast. Mostly just hanging out with friends. Out of 4 horses, three couldn't place to save our lives. But one did pretty good. One of our mares that foaled last year. We made her work for a couple weeks, clipped and on our way. She got one first and two seconds out of nice class of 30-32" mares. Then all 5ths for the ammy classes. Oh well, operator error I guess! It was fun and that is why we do it.

I was pretty happy with the placings, I even managed to pin some of the halter classes I was watching correctly which never happens.
default_rolleyes.gif
Totally agree that at least one of the judges was very friendly and kind! I screwed up the halter pattern in my first class and he was patience itself in explaining what I needed to do. He also told me in the next class that I was doing better, and then in the last class that "See? You're both getting it down!" as Turbo and I each improved. That made it so much more pleasant than being glowered at by the one female judge.

Elk Ridge said:
default_smile.png
I sat there through that whole darn class and counted- I believe there were 22 or 23 horses and at least five of them were having far too much fun to be caught.
default_laugh.png
Mark resorted to playing Jeopardy music after the third or fourth one! There were some VERY impressive horses though, including Kari's stunning filly Ballet. My jaw hit the ground when she started trotting and I didn't have a clue who she was until later. Kari is one lucky girl!

Shamiko and Falcon were nice to watch and I got some pictures of Miko doing Liberty.

I saw lots of friends and made some new ones and it felt good to be back in the ring even if it was only for halter. For the first time in my life I was actually happy not to be driving as it was POURING on Saturday!
default_new_shocked.gif
The carts were getting filthy and you couldn't warm up outside without ruining your upholstery. At least the temps stayed unusually high so the horses weren't shivering and there were a good number of entries.

Turbo was a very good boy for his first show and we placed in all our Friday classes, which is all I could ask. We got some great pictures which I'll share as soon as I get them uploaded.
default_wub.png
He's a good-looking young man now that he's clipped! His breeder went right by him several times and didn't recognize him but was happy to discover he was one of hers when I caught her attention. She's got a full sibling to him due any time so she appreciated getting a look at how the 2008 version had matured and I enjoyed getting to see several of his half-siblings take top honors. If he moves anything like his brother Burnie when he's older I'm going to have a heck of a driving horse on my hands!
default_thumbup.gif

Leia

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

YAY!!!!! Go Turbo!!! I am so happy to hear everyone did well! How exciting to have so many forum friends that did well. Congratulations to all!!

Over all we had a pretty great show. Showed my yearling filly and a couple of her sisters that are owned by friends. All placed super well with each one taking at least one blue and several 2nds and good placings over-all. Had one go Reserve Champion Jr. mare and My filly Took a Grand Champion Amateur Mare. Not too bad for their first show...we were thrilled with the results and looking forward to the next show. Good to see everyone. Had a great peanut fight Saturday night! LOL

VINTAGE FARMS LINDY HAWK ~My filly that I LOVE!!

DSC04376.jpg

She was beautiful Heather! The Bolero and Salsa foals I saw were wonderful. Makes me drool! Really nice horses this weekend.

She was beautiful Heather! The Bolero and Salsa foals I saw were wonderful. Makes me drool! Really nice horses this weekend.

Thanks! I love the Bolero and Salsa stuff too. Wonder what the cross would produce????? hmmmm LOL I have seen all the Bolero foals and worked with quite a few. They are all born to show. Sooo much presence and attitude. We are breeding one of our mares to him this year and we can't wait already!!
default_biggrin.png

okSea-Tac show

Lets just say there should have been a bunch of happy barns

judges all over the place.

Some very quality horses out there!

The senior mare class of 32-34....Im glad I wasnt one of the judges. Very impressive class.

We missed most of Friday..as we drove over that day.

default_smile.png

There were 6 kids in the 7 & under class. Thats a wonderful number.

I have to commend the judges! They were gracious with youth and adults alike. A smiling helpful judge is always a major asset.

Nickie, my very bestest daughter, had a good show.

She can share all of that.

3 different Supremes were chosen...always good to see that in my opinion.

Looked like everyone was having fun. Cant beat that!

As soon as Nickie posts....I can post the pics!!
default_biggrin.png

Susie G

oh yeah....I have some of the results so if you need them...might have them.....

25344_1448937747995_1369755709_1243810_738092_s.jpg

What a great Show it was, Here is one of our Bolero Fillies Basse Danse.

This was the first year in like 17 years that Summer wasnt handling our Horses, It was a really wierd feeling to be watching with her from the stands ! Thanks for handling them Heather, you did a great job.

Congrats to Everone one at the show, There were some great Horses out there.

25344_1448937747995_1369755709_1243810_738092_s.jpg

What a great Show it was, Here is one of our Bolero Fillies Basse Danse.

This was the first year in like 17 years that Summer wasnt handling our Horses, It was a really wierd feeling to be watching with her from the stands ! Thanks for handling them Heather, you did a great job.

Congrats to Everone one at the show, There were some great Horses out there.

>>>>>>>Waiting for my email filled with PICTURES!!!>>>>>>>>>>>

[SIZE=12pt]What an awesome weekend!!!! I was so impressed with the quality of horses that were there, especially for the first show of the season. The classes were good sized and it felt like it was a pretty good turnout.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]First I want to say that it was so great to see everyone, sure get to missing my horse show friends over the winter and so glad that show season is in full swing again! Also, had quite a bit of family show up to this show, sorta like old times! I had two cousins that tried out the mini world, and both came away with nice honors. Ashley and her horse BlackJack won both Open and Youth Classic Pleasure Driving. She did an awesome job!! My little 5 year old cousin Gracie, showed in Youth 7 and Under Geldings, Open Geldings 30 and Under and Youth Showmanship 7 and Under. She did awesome for her first show, listened to instructions, smiled the whole time and handled her horse like a pro. She brought home lots of ribbons and was especially excited about the gift certificate from Prime Design! I also loved watching my Mom in Am. Obstacle with her boy. So proud to see them out there in the ring. The love between horse and handler is apparent. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As for my 4-legged kids, I am very pleased with them. First off, my new mare, Shamiko, did so very well this weekend. I have only had her since the first of February, and she has come such a long way since then. We tried out luck at liberty, and out of 27 horses we took one 6th. She put on an awesome show but didn't do her pretty trot much, being cooped up in a stall for three days showed and she didn't want to slow down. But she did make me proud as she came trotting up to me to be caught. In Am. Halter Obstacle she did well too, rushed through the sidepass (we are still working on that) and got a little confused with the white circle on the ground for the forehand turn, but other than that did very nice. Not bad for her first time in that class. Open Halter mares 32-34 was a TOUGH class. Lots of nice mares out there this year. We placed in the middle of the pack. Am. Halter Sr. Mares I think there were 7 in. We took all three 3rd's in that too. Not too bad as again, very nice mares. I was really proud of Miko, we have some things to work on for the next show, but that is what its all about! Thanks again Bill and Dee, she is my princess! And thanks to Heather for her facial ;-) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]My new gelding that I picked up this weekend did really well too. Vintage Farms Romantic Rumba….Thanks to Dawn and Summer for him. He is awesome. Heather showed him for me in his open class on Friday as we got there too late for it. Hilary and Kim had fun torturing me with text messages, telling me how horrible he did. I will get even. Hilary made up for it by taking pictures and making a DVD of him and Miko for me to take home. Anyway, He took all three Junior Grand Champion Gelding awards. Gotta love those neck ribbons and the beautiful coolers. I showed him in Am. Halter Geldings Saturday. Big class! He made me proud with a 1st, 4th, and 5th. Then Jim Curry gave us a Reserve Champion title as well and had very nice things to say about him. One more neck ribbon for the collection and not too bad for our first class together. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Overall it was a great weekend. Nice to see old friends and make new ones. Thanks to Mom for keeping all of us fed and happy. There isn't a better show Mom out there! Each night was a wonderful dinner spread and plenty for all who came to enjoy. I think by Saturday we had about thirty people. The peanut war was a new one, but tons of fun. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]39 days and counting til Emerald Valley….can't wait to see what the future will hold! [/SIZE]

Will post pictures tonight!

[SIZE=12pt]My new gelding that I picked up this weekend did really well too. Vintage Farms Romantic Rumba….Thanks to Dawn and Summer for him. He is awesome. Heather showed him for me in his open class on Friday as we got there too late for it. Hilary and Kim had fun torturing me with text messages, telling me how horrible he did. I will get even. Hilary made up for it by taking pictures and making a DVD of him and Miko for me to take home. Anyway, He took all three Junior Grand Champion Gelding awards. Gotta love those neck ribbons and the beautiful coolers. I showed him in Am. Halter Geldings Saturday. Big class! He made me proud with a 1st, 4th, and 5th. Then Jim Curry gave us a Reserve Champion title as well and had very nice things to say about him. One more neck ribbon for the collection and not too bad for our first class together. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]39 days and counting til Emerald Valley….can't wait to see what the future will hold! [/SIZE]

Will post pictures tonight!

Here ya go Nickie!!

DSC04360.jpg

Thanks Heather!

Here is Rumba and I in Am. Level One Geldings. Still waiting on pics of Miko.

Rumba_N_Me.jpg

That is a nice photo of Rumba, Nickie!!!

Here is a photo of our senior gelding,,,, that got the gate or 5ths. He is such a pretty boy, at least in our eyes! And I really like Hilary's senior mare. She is such a pretty girl Oh well there is always next time!!!!
Falcon%2004.jpg

We didnt make it in time for the gelding classes, but the photo of your guy is very nice. Hard to imagine him not placing.

I did see the Sr mare class and all I can say is its one of the best groups of mares I have seen... ever. Not a mare out there that wasnt a winner.

There were some very nice horses at this show, in all the classes.

And next time......gee.... thats Emerlad Valley in just 38 days!

Latest posts

Back