Updates and my New Baby!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollynIvysMomma

Reaction score
Hi!

I haven't posted in a while, but for a month or so after I bought my first two mini mares (6 mos old) I was asking questions every other day. Been busy putting all the good advice to use, and I also joined the FB mini horse group.

The girls are a year old now, and doing great! They walk very well on the halter, have gotten all of their shots, deworm them regularly, get the farrier on a regular basis, enjoy their growth feed. They measure at 27 and 29 inches. They have fly masks and spray for summer and are not afraid of any spray. They've become VERY affectionate and will lay their heads in my lap when I am sitting in a chair out in the pasture.

A couple weeks ago we went to the Spring Into the Ring miniature show, and that was amazing. I'm very interested in slowly preparing to show and learn more about it. My two girls are just grade horses (but very beloved!) so I was interested in just ONNEE more registered horse.

I found this fabulous little guy He is a three year old gelding at 30 inches and is ridiculously laid back. His registered name is Four Pines Heza Lil Hawk.

Here are updates of the girls, and a picture of my new baby (he is listed as a sooty buckskin)

10150658_10102470460100013_2644309803760811576_n.jpg

1520708_10102426920992733_6036562273255453674_n.jpg
10155982_10102442062284463_7775338272805901832_n.jpg

Aw! They're looking good! SO cute in the bunny ears!!! Congrats on your new boy!!
default_smile.png

Hey-- I also attended that show. Where are you located? I have been showing for about 5 years so if you need help with anything let me know. I love the coloring on your new gelding. Can't wait to see more pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live outside of Danville, Virginia and we drove to the show. Which horse was yours? I may remember it!
default_smile.png

...that sounds dumb. Of course we drove to the show. We didn't fly.
default_smile.png
I mean, I live a bit away from Richmond.

Love the new boy! They are all looking wonderful
default_smile.png

I love your boy! I have a gelding that liiks the same coloring from your photo. But mine got registered as a (dark) dun. But he has a LOT of buckskin in his lines, so maybe that is what he is. 'Course he has duns too. He has a dorsel stripe-no leg barring though. Anyway, I like your boy.

I had the dapple gray mare( the one in my profile). I hear that Lisa will be having a show August 2nd at Dorey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember you and your horse!
default_smile.png
We liked her.

August 2nd? I would love to go to another one. I've been around big horses my whole life, but we've never really worked them. We just lead them around and brushed them, etc. I am learning how to work them.

Latest posts

Back