Updated Shelby Pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmejemima

Reaction score
Refresher: Calf with joint ill and was "sunburned" (we think, don't know for sure. Had been blown by flies and was covered in maggots when I got her.

For all of our feeding troubles, we seem to have those under control now. She's eating grain and starting to nibble grass. She's taking the bottle once a day, almost 2 whole bottles.

Her knee is still huge but doesn't seem to be painful anymore. She's back to laying down and standing up on her own (BIG improvement!) and she's trotting and galloping with ease. She's even thrown in a few bucks/crow hop type things. She's a nut!

Before pictures (8/10/05)

calf004.jpg

calf003.jpg

calf002.jpg

After (9/15/05):

shelby9-15-001.jpg

She's saying....Where's my supper??!?!?!?!?

shelby9-15-002.jpg

Hair coming in on her back

shelby9-15-003.jpg

Close up of her back...see how thick her hair is now? The lights are making it look white in some spots, it's really all one color...and ignore the flies!

shelby9-15-004.jpg

Knee comparison (that's milk on her forehead!)

shelby9-15-005.jpg

Checking out Dixie, my mini. I think Shelby wants her to be friends but Dixie's not so sure about Shelby.

shelby9-15-006.jpg

Trotting

shelby9-15-007.jpg

Licking her butt, just cause she can.... If she had tried this a few weeks ago, she would have fell over!

What do you guys think?

Wow what an improvement~! Looking rear good and making a nice recovery..What a great job you did in bringing a new out look on live for that young calf.. My Thumbs way up, for you, and how you have cared for this little one and how nice it is coming along..
aktion033.gif

Wow. She's looking so much better!
thumbup.gif

MA

You've really gone the distance for this calf and I honestly do commend you!! The difference is fantastic. That knee may just clear itself up as she exercises, but had you considered pulling some fluid and testing for a low grade infection?? Bless you for saving her and doing so mush work with her, a lot would not have bothered. What does the future hold for her?? Looks like she could supply the house milk quota??
smile.gif

Nice job and lucky little girl she had you on her side.
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back