Update...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyboi09

Reaction score
Well, its been a while since I have had time to give you all an update. I have been so busy, and I thank those of you who have been keeping up with me through pms, I have been keeping up with most everyone's posts. I have lots to tell you about. First of all, some of you may remember, I had a beautiful sorrel and white paint filly earlier this year named rizzo. Well, we actually lost Rizzo to colic. I took it pretty hard, it was the third hard hit I had had this year, and my first ever baby to loose. Well, my long time friends Don and Nancy Richey from Canterbury minis knew that I was having a rough time. To cheer me up, they decided to make me an offer. They wanted to breed four of their colored appaloosa mares to my stud, and allow me to keep two of the foals. So I now have four gorgous mares in my pasture. I also had another foal this year, "blissy" who has yet to make her forum debute, and you will see her down this post. She is my love. My second foal out of my leapard stallion, and couldnt be more gorgeous.

I hosted another miniature show in my county. This was my second year to put on a show. We had around 40 horses that participated. Many forum members attended as well. I was very pleased with how it went, and my little filly, Blissy, won her class.

I took a ton of pictures today. I just thought I would show off my beautiful herd. I got into minis just 3 years ago, buying only 3 minis. Im not a senior in highschool, and I have come a long way with my herd. I now have 15 gorgeous minis running in my pastures. I didnt get pictures of everyone, but most are accounted for. BTW, all mares that you see are being bred or are already bred to my stallion for 2009. Enjoy!

First, let me introduce my only foal so far for 2008.( we still have one more cooking)

G Willikers Pure Bliss aka Blissy.

this picture was at her first show. (1st place)

IMG_0122.jpg

And here are a few from around the pasture today.

IMG_0201_edited.jpg

IMG_0204_edited.jpg

IMG_0209_edited.jpg

Here is the mare that I am waiting to foal .... driving me crazy, Ms. Groovie.

IMG_0217.jpg

Piglet, our goofy gelding.

IMG_0212.jpg

Ms Melody.

IMG_0195.jpg

Dottie.

IMG_0158_edited.jpg

IMG_0190_edited.jpg

No Name.
default_rolleyes.gif
one of the mares Nancy sent me.

IMG_0192_edited.jpg

IMG_0162_edited.jpg

Kitty, another one of Nancy's mares.

IMG_0189_edited.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

No name and Kitty.

IMG_0160_edited.jpg

Cookie, one of Nancy's mares.

IMG_0167_edited.jpg

Cookie, and kitty in the background

IMG_0175.jpg

Cookie and Amber, both mares of Nancy's.

IMG_0191_edited.jpg

Cookie and No Name.

IMG_0183.jpg

Stormy, my stud muffin
default_wub.png
:wub

IMG_0193_edited.jpg

IMG_0176_edited.jpg

IMG_0173_edited.jpg

IMG_0169_edited.jpg

Cow
default_smile.png

IMG_0165_edited.jpg

Group shots.
default_laugh.png

IMG_0210_edited.jpg

IMG_0187_edited.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

Hope you enjoy. Im not the best photographer, but I knew everyone on here loves pictures.

Have a great day.

Will

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you send me some of that grass please!? I sure wish my pasture looked like that. Its all dirt or burnt up grass and weeds.

haha, we have to bushhog ours too often. You can have as much as you want, as long as you pay for postage
default_wink.png

[SIZE=18pt][/SIZE]

WELL IT"S ABOUT TIME!!!!
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

I've been waiting rather patiently for these pics! lol Bliss is adorable just like you said
default_wub.png
I think Melody and Cookie need to come visit me and Sky
default_wink.png
And your boy is as handsome as ever
default_smile.png
I love the second group shot of them trotting by the water, such pretty scenery and horses
default_wub.png

Have to agree with Ashley, we're needing the grass bad.. If you can't get the grass shipped we'll take some RAIN!
default_wacko.png

[SIZE=18pt][/SIZE]WELL IT"S ABOUT TIME!!!!
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

I've been waiting rather patiently for these pics! lol Bliss is adorable just like you said
default_wub.png
I think Melody and Cookie need to come visit me and Sky
default_wink.png
And your boy is as handsome as ever
default_smile.png
I love the second group shot of them trotting by the water, such pretty scenery and horses
default_wub.png

Have to agree with Ashley, we're needing the grass bad.. If you can't get the grass shipped we'll take some RAIN!
default_wacko.png

Haha. I knew these would make you happy. Im so behind on pictures and stuff this year, and my website needs updating BAD. I am trying though,haha. Slowly but surely. Cross your fingures for some LOUD babies out of these girls next year.

We have had plenty of rain lately... I actually deleted some pictures because of the ugly mushrooms that have popped up everywhere. ..... But I probably just jinxed myself.

Gorgeous horses and gorgeous land! I especially love your baby and stud.

I love Piglet!!
default_wub.png
All very nice horses, but love Piglet-could be cause I have a bay gelding that looks alot like him.
default_smile.png

Amanda

I love Piglet!! wub.gif All very nice horses, but love Piglet-could be cause I have a bay gelding that looks alot like him.
I was thinking that same thing, he reminds me of our bay gelding Chili
default_smile.png

Haha. I knew these would make you happy. Im so behind on pictures and stuff this year, and my website needs updating BAD. I am trying though,haha. Slowly but surely. Cross your fingures for some LOUD babies out of these girls next year.We have had plenty of rain lately... I actually deleted some pictures because of the ugly mushrooms that have popped up everywhere. ..... But I probably just jinxed myself.
Well I've only been waiting for HOW LONG???
default_laugh.png
default_wink.png
I'll cross my fingers for loud babies for you, but you got the two fillies (and hopefully one more if your gal gives in soon! lol) this year and we ended up with the boys, sooo here's to LOUD babies for both of us, but I want the fillies!!
default_laugh.png

crossed-fingers-thumb.jpg

I love Piglet!! wub.gif All very nice horses, but love Piglet-could be cause I have a bay gelding that looks alot like him.
I was thinking that same thing, he reminds me of our bay gelding Chili
default_smile.png

Haha. I knew these would make you happy. Im so behind on pictures and stuff this year, and my website needs updating BAD. I am trying though,haha. Slowly but surely. Cross your fingures for some LOUD babies out of these girls next year.We have had plenty of rain lately... I actually deleted some pictures because of the ugly mushrooms that have popped up everywhere. ..... But I probably just jinxed myself.
Well I've only been waiting for HOW LONG???
default_laugh.png
default_wink.png
I'll cross my fingers for loud babies for you, but you got the two fillies (and hopefully one more if your gal gives in soon! lol) this year and we ended up with the boys, sooo here's to LOUD babies for both of us, but I want the fillies!!
default_laugh.png

crossed-fingers-thumb.jpg
Haha good deal, Ill send the filly fairy your way. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you as well. But you have had some VERY handsome boys this year!

Oh, your stud is so....
default_drool5.gif
default_drool5.gif

Beautiful land, beautiful horses. Good luck with everything you wish to accomplish.
default_yes.gif

Can you send me some of that grass please!? I sure wish my pasture looked like that. Its all dirt or burnt up grass and weeds.
DITTO...mine is a dry lot with weeds also!!!
default_wacko.png

Very nice place you have there, good luck with your last mare
default_aktion033.gif

haha, we have to bushhog ours too often. You can have as much as you want, as long as you pay for postage
default_wink.png
Can I ask how you keep their weight under control with all that pasture? I have 2 geldings in a pasture half that size and feed nothing else and they are really butterballs. Any suggestions??

Great pics! Love love love your pasture with the pond(s)/creeks. I wish I had a massive pasture like that.

default_wink.png
Can I ask how you keep their weight under control with all that pasture? I have 2 geldings in a pasture half that size and feed nothing else and they are really butterballs. Any suggestions??

Hey, yea we have two dry lots, mine would blow up huge too without the dry lots. I have two herds. One is the geldings and yearlings and one is the herd that is in these pictures. We rotate lots. That is the only way we have found to be fair to everyone, haha

Great pics! Love love love your pasture with the pond(s)/creeks. I wish I had a massive pasture like that.
Thank you so much, We used to live on 100 acres out of town, but the state decided to build a 4 lane between my town and a neighboring town. Unfortunately that got our house. We still have land out there, but it is strictly cattle. My grandfather had this 30 acre place in town( we are actually on main street, haha). He told us we could build on it and he would leave it in our name. So we ended up taking him up on his offer. Now we have around 15 horses and 18 cattle on main street.

And we love our ponds, we have four big ponds on our land, and two or three streams. If anyone wants to visit, bring the fishing rods
default_biggrin.png

Hey, yea we have two dry lots, mine would blow up huge too without the dry lots. I have two herds. One is the geldings and yearlings and one is the herd that is in these pictures. We rotate lots. That is the only way we have found to be fair to everyone, haha

I hope I'm not being a pest but how do you rotate. Like one day in pasture one day in dry lot or what. I would love to have your land. It is so beautiful with the ponds and stream.

I hope I'm not being a pest but how do you rotate. Like one day in pasture one day in dry lot or what. I would love to have your land. It is so beautiful with the ponds and stream.
Right now we are doing three on and three off, You arent being a pest at all.

Latest posts

Back