Update...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

ponyboi09

Reaction score
Well, its been a while since I have had time to give you all an update. I have been so busy, and I thank those of you who have been keeping up with me through pms, I have been keeping up with most everyone's posts. I have lots to tell you about. First of all, some of you may remember, I had a beautiful sorrel and white paint filly earlier this year named rizzo. Well, we actually lost Rizzo to colic. I took it pretty hard, it was the third hard hit I had had this year, and my first ever baby to loose. Well, my long time friends Don and Nancy Richey from Canterbury minis knew that I was having a rough time. To cheer me up, they decided to make me an offer. They wanted to breed four of their colored appaloosa mares to my stud, and allow me to keep two of the foals. So I now have four gorgous mares in my pasture. I also had another foal this year, "blissy" who has yet to make her forum debute, and you will see her down this post. She is my love. My second foal out of my leapard stallion, and couldnt be more gorgeous.

I hosted another miniature show in my county. This was my second year to put on a show. We had around 40 horses that participated. Many forum members attended as well. I was very pleased with how it went, and my little filly, Blissy, won her class.

I took a ton of pictures today. I just thought I would show off my beautiful herd. I got into minis just 3 years ago, buying only 3 minis. Im not a senior in highschool, and I have come a long way with my herd. I now have 15 gorgeous minis running in my pastures. I didnt get pictures of everyone, but most are accounted for. BTW, all mares that you see are being bred or are already bred to my stallion for 2009. Enjoy!

First, let me introduce my only foal so far for 2008.( we still have one more cooking)

G Willikers Pure Bliss aka Blissy.

this picture was at her first show. (1st place)

And here are a few from around the pasture today.

Here is the mare that I am waiting to foal .... driving me crazy, Ms. Groovie.

Piglet, our goofy gelding.

Ms Melody.

Dottie.

No Name.
one of the mares Nancy sent me.

Kitty, another one of Nancy's mares.

No name and Kitty.

ponyboi09

Reaction score
Cookie, one of Nancy's mares.

Cookie, and kitty in the background

Cookie and Amber, both mares of Nancy's.

Cookie and No Name.

Stormy, my stud muffin
:wub

Cow

Group shots.

Hope you enjoy. Im not the best photographer, but I knew everyone on here loves pictures.

Have a great day.

Will

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashley

Reaction score
Can you send me some of that grass please!? I sure wish my pasture looked like that. Its all dirt or burnt up grass and weeds.

ponyboi09

Reaction score
haha, we have to bushhog ours too often. You can have as much as you want, as long as you pay for postage

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt][/SIZE]

WELL IT"S ABOUT TIME!!!!

I've been waiting rather patiently for these pics! lol Bliss is adorable just like you said
I think Melody and Cookie need to come visit me and Sky
And your boy is as handsome as ever
I love the second group shot of them trotting by the water, such pretty scenery and horses

Have to agree with Ashley, we're needing the grass bad.. If you can't get the grass shipped we'll take some RAIN!

ponyboi09

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt][/SIZE]WELL IT"S ABOUT TIME!!!!

I've been waiting rather patiently for these pics! lol Bliss is adorable just like you said
I think Melody and Cookie need to come visit me and Sky
And your boy is as handsome as ever
I love the second group shot of them trotting by the water, such pretty scenery and horses

Have to agree with Ashley, we're needing the grass bad.. If you can't get the grass shipped we'll take some RAIN!
Haha. I knew these would make you happy. Im so behind on pictures and stuff this year, and my website needs updating BAD. I am trying though,haha. Slowly but surely. Cross your fingures for some LOUD babies out of these girls next year.

We have had plenty of rain lately... I actually deleted some pictures because of the ugly mushrooms that have popped up everywhere. ..... But I probably just jinxed myself.

Rebecca

Reaction score
Gorgeous horses and gorgeous land! I especially love your baby and stud.

wade3504

Reaction score
I love Piglet!!
All very nice horses, but love Piglet-could be cause I have a bay gelding that looks alot like him.

Amanda

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
I love Piglet!! wub.gif All very nice horses, but love Piglet-could be cause I have a bay gelding that looks alot like him.
I was thinking that same thing, he reminds me of our bay gelding Chili

Haha. I knew these would make you happy. Im so behind on pictures and stuff this year, and my website needs updating BAD. I am trying though,haha. Slowly but surely. Cross your fingures for some LOUD babies out of these girls next year.We have had plenty of rain lately... I actually deleted some pictures because of the ugly mushrooms that have popped up everywhere. ..... But I probably just jinxed myself.
Well I've only been waiting for HOW LONG???
I'll cross my fingers for loud babies for you, but you got the two fillies (and hopefully one more if your gal gives in soon! lol) this year and we ended up with the boys, sooo here's to LOUD babies for both of us, but I want the fillies!!

ponyboi09

Reaction score
I love Piglet!! wub.gif All very nice horses, but love Piglet-could be cause I have a bay gelding that looks alot like him.
I was thinking that same thing, he reminds me of our bay gelding Chili

Haha. I knew these would make you happy. Im so behind on pictures and stuff this year, and my website needs updating BAD. I am trying though,haha. Slowly but surely. Cross your fingures for some LOUD babies out of these girls next year.We have had plenty of rain lately... I actually deleted some pictures because of the ugly mushrooms that have popped up everywhere. ..... But I probably just jinxed myself.
Well I've only been waiting for HOW LONG???
I'll cross my fingers for loud babies for you, but you got the two fillies (and hopefully one more if your gal gives in soon! lol) this year and we ended up with the boys, sooo here's to LOUD babies for both of us, but I want the fillies!!

Haha good deal, Ill send the filly fairy your way. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you as well. But you have had some VERY handsome boys this year!

SammyL

Reaction score
Oh, your stud is so....

Beautiful land, beautiful horses. Good luck with everything you wish to accomplish.

shelly

Reaction score
Can you send me some of that grass please!? I sure wish my pasture looked like that. Its all dirt or burnt up grass and weeds.
DITTO...mine is a dry lot with weeds also!!!

Very nice place you have there, good luck with your last mare

Mini Mouse

Reaction score
haha, we have to bushhog ours too often. You can have as much as you want, as long as you pay for postage
Can I ask how you keep their weight under control with all that pasture? I have 2 geldings in a pasture half that size and feed nothing else and they are really butterballs. Any suggestions??

Matt73

Reaction score
Great pics! Love love love your pasture with the pond(s)/creeks. I wish I had a massive pasture like that.

ponyboi09

Reaction score
Can I ask how you keep their weight under control with all that pasture? I have 2 geldings in a pasture half that size and feed nothing else and they are really butterballs. Any suggestions??
Hey, yea we have two dry lots, mine would blow up huge too without the dry lots. I have two herds. One is the geldings and yearlings and one is the herd that is in these pictures. We rotate lots. That is the only way we have found to be fair to everyone, haha

ponyboi09

Reaction score
Great pics! Love love love your pasture with the pond(s)/creeks. I wish I had a massive pasture like that.
Thank you so much, We used to live on 100 acres out of town, but the state decided to build a 4 lane between my town and a neighboring town. Unfortunately that got our house. We still have land out there, but it is strictly cattle. My grandfather had this 30 acre place in town( we are actually on main street, haha). He told us we could build on it and he would leave it in our name. So we ended up taking him up on his offer. Now we have around 15 horses and 18 cattle on main street.

And we love our ponds, we have four big ponds on our land, and two or three streams. If anyone wants to visit, bring the fishing rods

Mini Mouse

Reaction score

Hey, yea we have two dry lots, mine would blow up huge too without the dry lots. I have two herds. One is the geldings and yearlings and one is the herd that is in these pictures. We rotate lots. That is the only way we have found to be fair to everyone, haha

I hope I'm not being a pest but how do you rotate. Like one day in pasture one day in dry lot or what. I would love to have your land. It is so beautiful with the ponds and stream.

ponyboi09

Reaction score
I hope I'm not being a pest but how do you rotate. Like one day in pasture one day in dry lot or what. I would love to have your land. It is so beautiful with the ponds and stream.
Right now we are doing three on and three off, You arent being a pest at all.