update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dixie belle, don't you know that your tears aren't a sign of weakness. It is a sign that you have been strong for too long. Lean on your husband and share. Don't exclude him, be sure not to make him feel guilty. He probably needs to talk to you too. He is also giving up the dream you two made come true. Now onto the next dream. Talk about your memories there and what is most cherished in each of your hearts and laugh or cry TOGETHER. You will know how to balance it. Just know that it is okay to lose it. As for the paint, well you never know which parts of your body want to get involved. Too bad you did not go to town and show it off! Lol

Hope you are having a better week. Just keeping venting and talking here. Thumbs up to Julie for proof reading your ad.

Prayers.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are an extraordinary woman and an angel to your husband. All the best wishes to you. I hope everything works out.

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

default_new_rofl.gif
Ya' did good - and the laugh was good, too!
default_laugh.png

You're always in my thoughts & prayers
default_wub.png

Us gals are like tea kettles, we cry to blow off steam. If we didn't, we'd blow up! I do it often.

Everything will be ok!

Maybe you can write into a sales contract (if needed when it sells) that you can stay until you find a home or something like that?

Oh my gosh, we have been so busy. First of all, we have doctor's appointments or therapy appointments three times a week. Then, it's growing season so when I'm not driving to and from a doctor's office, I'm driving a tractor. I'm exhausted. However......I've been showing my house like a crazy person. We have it priced to sell and we have people just go googley eyed over the kitchen/dining room. And since the house sits on top of a hill, the view is pretty amazing, too.

So we'll see what happens on that front. We've looked at a few places, and after having seen what is available out there I can only say that our place looks like the Taj Mahol when compared to them.

We even have a guy in New York who saw it on the computer and I had to send him like 80 pictures and he is all interested. But he's from New York, is very abrasive and wants everything...sell me your lift and your tractor and your truck and your stock trailer.....it just goes on and on. And he talks big about all his money, but talk is cheap and I'll believe it when I see it. But I think he will be sending his wife down on a fact finding mission so we'll see.

And I've got a couple of young families who just love it. I'd much rather sell to them, quite honestly, because I think they'd love it.

I've only had a nervous breakdown a couple of times and I haven't cried yet this morning. But then it's only 8:30 am here, so there is still time. LOL

So we just soldier on, work on the place, keep it mowed and tidy. Hubby has even sold a Miata or two. What???? I can actually walk around in my garage and barn now. Amazing.

I hate seeing my husband so......Oh, I can't describe it well.....so slow? He shuffles around a lot now and mentally he is slow also. It just takes him time to access his memory banks. It's there, he just has to find it sometimes. Someone asked him a car question the other day and he actually couldn't access the memory. And this from a man who could take a Miata apart and put it back together, blindfolded with one hand behind his back. It really hurts me.

We are hopeful that we will sell and move to something with a lot less land so that he won't have those feelings of guilt over not being able to mow or work in the pastures. And work won't back up so much when we aren't home because we are in doctor's offices three or four days a week. We both need a break.

At this point we are very hopeful that things will turn out to our advantage.

Dixie-Belle,

I'm not sure where you are now, but we used to live in Fayetteville, AR. We moved to OK (wish we hadn't) I loved my place in AR. Anyway, thank God we didn't have the problems you are having. I pray for you, I don't think I could have done even what you have done so far, let alone packing and moving, etc. I know the Lord says he won't put anything on you that you can't handle, but sometimes I really wonder!! I tell myself Faith Pam, Faith.

However, was glad to see property selling in AR. We have to sell our place over there and I'm hoping it will sell fast. The location is great! (4 miles from Fay. but still in the country) It's just 10 acres, but has 2 houses on it. One is OLD, but is rented out for $300 mo. The other is a double wide with rockwork all the way around, and a large shop with several outbuildings.

Since you have been searching, do you have any idea what is selling up here? We are asking $150,000, and we will carry it.

Thanks and keep on keeping on!!

Pam

Pam, houses are selling here in Kentucky so fast it makes my head spin. Honestly, we'll look at one on line and call about it and there is a contract on it (like the second day it was listed) and two waiting in case the first one falls thru. Unbelievable. I don't like looking too much because I see one I like and then BAM, it's gone. And I absolutely refuse to buy anything else until this one sells. When we lived in Texas, we owned 2 houses for 5 years and it was a nightmare. I'm done with keeping up two places. It's too much work.

I've spoken with a local agent and he keeps bringing me to houses that are 30 years old, with virtually no kitchen, no pantry and a bathroom that I can barely get in, let alone hubby who will probably be in a walker at some point. They would need a good $20,000 to make them into what we need. And I've have to hire someone because hubby can't do too much now (not like he used to, anyway). It's all very depressing, actually.

And I don't want too much land. I don't want to be able to touch my neighbor's house but I would be totally ok with a lot in a neighborhood, as long as I'm not too close to neighbors. I will have to be able to keep up whatever we buy by myself, I can't count on hubby doing any yard work, so small is good.

I've cleaned out closets, gotten rid of so much stuff. My biggest problem is that I have the greatest kitchen in the world and that will be hard to leave. (Especially considering the lack of kitchen space I've seen in everything we've looked at. Some were pretty disgusting, truth be told.)

We just keep the place mowed and clean and continue to show it. Hopefully some young couple who love it like we do will buy it. Hey, it could happen. LOL

Dixie Belle, I feel so bad for you. Hopefully you will find a place that you can make into a home and be happy in. I see you are a quilter, making new friends at a quilt shop might be a plus for you. Hope your hubby feels safe in whatever house you purchase.

Well, we haven't sold our farm yet, but I do have it plastered all over the internet. On Monday we will officially list it with a real estate agent. We have done what we could these last three weeks, or so. Hubby has removed the screened in porch from the front (we used it for our cats), hubby has sold two miatas, another one is sold pending the title coming in from the State of Kentucky, and he has taken car parts, car tools, tubing benders, literally an entire barn full of thousands of dollars worth of parts and tools and sold it for scrap at the scrap yard. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I've repainted or scrubbed clean all the walls, floors, woodwork. The house has never been so clean. I've cleaned out closets, the attic, my kitchen cabinets.

The house shows really well. I've actually shown it probably 20 times on my own. Hubby always said he would list it with an agent on his birthday (today) if it didn't sell.

We found a handicap friendly house about 2 hours away from here. It would be absolutely perfect. We've made a contingency offer on it, but I don't see this one selling soon enough so we'll have to see what happens on that front. It is so similar to this one it scares me. LOL No hallways, no stairs, energy efficient AND on 3 acres (just enough land for me to maybe keep two horses?) But again, I'm not counting on it happening as we must sell this one first.

None of the new medication hubby is taking seems to be making any difference. He is still exhausted after just a tiny bit of work, and still mentally muddled. Such is life.

I don't cry every day, anymore, but it is still difficult emotionally. When I need a good cry, I take the car and go "to the store" or to "the dump" just so hubby doesn't have to see me cry. I don't need for him to feel any worse than he already does.

I'm beginning to see just how large our barn and garage really are now that they are not cluttered with cars and car parts. Who knew??

And, even though I wouldn't wish terrible weather on anyone, all these tornadoes this past week just makes our house look even better. Our underground apartment sure is starting to look good right about now.

That's all our news, not much really, just that things are moving along.

I feel so bad for you and your hubby, hopefully the meds will kick in and start to work or new ones ordered that will.

So good to hear from you! I was just thinking about you yesterday. I hope a buyer will come along soon enough that you can get the property you found, it sounds perfect! I need to pack you up some more jelly and send it! I know it won't help anything but comfort food is well, comforting. Still keeping you and your husband in my prayers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh, today has just not been so good. I let hubby drive to the dump yesterday as sometimes he just needs to feel independent. So today we spent an hour and a half looking for the truck keys. I know he had them because he drove home. Finally located them on the back floorboard of the truck. Then I walk out to the barn and notice the sound of running water. He turned on the hose to the water trough and forgot to turn it off. Water was running and running....goodness only knows how long it had been on. Look at the bright side, the trough was definitely full. LOL

We leave in a little bit for speech therapy (where they work on cognitive training, as well).

Oh well, we can't always get what we want. Thankfully, we still have each other (and he still knows who I am). Hopefully that trend will continue.

Latest posts

Back