Update to the Updates on Miss Tilly!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdbeshears

Reaction score
20150423_071906.jpg20150423_071234.jpg20150423_071348.jpg Ok Folks....Heres a bit of an update on Miss Tillers....April 23 noticed she started acting antsy about 5 in the morning....watched her for a while...went to let her out at daybreak...immediatly noticed the large wet spot in the hay...upon examining it it looked really slimy and clear...not bloody at all....touched a napkin to it and it came back with brown on it...however Tilly's vulva did not have any discharge besides a clear slimy type of discharge which she has had for a few days now....My question to yall is.....have any of yalls mares lost fluid that wasnt the water bag breaking prior to foaling....Have had a few peeps tell me that their mares did and went on to foal a healthy foal 4 days later....She has seemed just fine...tho she did have a few rolling and stretching moments late last night....today she has been fine till this evening...she became very vocal and running around biting her sides...had the slimy clear discharge again...as of right now...9pm she is just standing there lol...Thanks for any input yall may have.....

I have had no experience with this, and would likely call the vet for advice on this one. I would stay with her overnight, just to be sure nothing is amiss, and call the vet in the morning for an opinion.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help, and don't mean to alarm, but when in any doubt, that's what we pay them the big $$$ for!

I have had no experience with this, and would likely call the vet for advice on this one. I would stay with her overnight, just to be sure nothing is amiss, and call the vet in the morning for an opinion.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help, and don't mean to alarm, but when in any doubt, that's what we pay them the big $$$ for!
thanks girl....

I have been trying to research what it could be, but I can't seem to find very much... I'm concerned that it could be placentitis, does anyone else think that could be the case? I'm certainty not an expert on this, but I would call your vet for sure. Hoping it's nothing for you...

I have been trying to research what it could be, but I can't seem to find very much... I'm concerned that it could be placentitis, does anyone else think that could be the case? I'm certainty not an expert on this, but I would call your vet for sure. Hoping it's nothing for you...
I know Summertime....I researched forever too...Luckily i found a couple peeps who had their mare do the same thing.....Vet said it was normal....some mares just have this extra liquid that they expell a few days before foaling.....crazy huh

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that all is well and that you have a new baby very soon.

Call the vet!!! Mine is always asking me if I see this type of discharge. I say no. And have never asked why. But seems like a good time now.

she has been extremely antsy most of the night and all of today....checked her vulva and her cervix looks wide open and i see something white.....not a discharge ....like something is coming...

checked her vulva about 45 min to an hour ago

Yes update when you can , sounds exciting
default_smile.png

I hope the vet has been called. This makes me nervous, and praying hard all is well.

Praying that everything is going ok and that no news means you are working with your vet...

Cyber hugs coming your way for support.

Hey guys so sorry i havent updated....nothing has changed...she has her moments of antsyness but other than that she is fine.....still waiting....She is not in distress at all but the moment i feel there is a problem i most def will call a vet out....I will get some new pics tom ( actually later today lol) for us to compare to her last ones....Thanks for all of yalls concerns i appreciate it....

Latest posts

Back