Update on us

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
I haven't been by in a while, so I wanted to drop by and wish all of my friends a wonderful Christmas and happy, healthy New Year. Steve and I are doing great and will celebrate our fourth anniversary on New Year's Eve.
default_wub.png
Mia is *8* and Zac is 3! Do you believe it?!?!? I remember everyone cheering me through labor with Mia~LOL Both kids are healthy, happy, wonderful and growing WAY too fast!

We have scaled back our mini & pony herd to our core breeding stock. I have kept back about 20 mares & fillies and 3 stallions (Splash, Jammer & Bandit for those familiar with our stock) and GELDED Magic. He had a small penile tumor and I decided that as long as were had him down, we'd geld him and turn him out with the herd to live a HAPPY retirement. We did not breed any mares this year and in the forseeable future will breed only for "Custom" (bred to order) foals.

I've also decided to go into rare breed poultry as my farm based business. For the last several months, I've been building my flock and am enjoying my chickens and turkeys tremendously. Steve says I'm obsessed, but what does he know~LOL Hopefully, they will be profitable as well as entertaining. The kids love them too and Mia is looking forward to doing some showing. We keep talking about hitting an ASPC/AMHR show or two, but we'll see. Zac has never been in the show ring, we might have to remedy that!

How is everyone doing? Updates please!!!
default_cheekkiss.gif

Here are the kids' Christmas pics...and yes, they are TALL. Mia's 4' 4" and Zac is 3' 3"
default_wink.png

P701-LTPP0701102699JCP-12.jpg

P701-LTPP0701102699JCP-14.jpg

P701-LTPP0701102699JCP-15.jpg

P701-LTPP0701102699JCP-25.jpg

P701-LTPP0701102699JCP-5.jpg

Glad everything is going well!!!! Was just thinking of you and last year. Doing the Marlee painting! Kids look like they are going to much fun at Christmas!!!!!

Glad everything is going well!!!! Was just thinking of you and last year. Doing the Marlee painting! Kids look like they are going to much fun at Christmas!!!!!
How are you doing sweetie??? Lindsey & Dianne have the Marlee painting framed (beautifully!) and it's hanging in their living/dining room. It looks so wonderful!! You did such an amazing job...crying doesn't even begin to describe their reactions. It brought Marlee girl back to them
default_wub.png

Hi Laura!
default_saludando.gif
Wow...I was just thinking about you this past week and wondering how you and yours were fareing! Miss Mia and Zac are growing like weeds and look wonderful. (Mia certainly loves to pose....do we see a model in the future?
default_biggrin.png
) I'm so glad all is well. I've missed your posts and your family updates. You will love breeding and raising chickens. I've done so for about 20 years now. Started with the biggies and now do the banties...specifically Japanese. But I miss the little BB Reds and some of the big ones that this next spring I may have to revisit my flock keeping and breeding program as well. It was good "seeing" you again. Don't be a stranger! Hope your holidays are wonderful!

Oh what adorable children and what precious pictures
default_wub.png

Merry Christmas

The kids pictures are beautiful! Hard to believe how fast they grow up, I don't know how it happens but you wake up one day and they are all grown!

Jan

How time goes by so fast. They sure have grown...

Wishing you and your family Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
default_saludando.gif

Hi Laura! How did you know I've been thinking about you??

NO! I can't believe Miss Mia (who was just born!) is 8 years old! And Zac is 3 already?
default_new_shocked.gif

They're so big already!

Good luck with your birds! I hope you'll post pics of them!

You know, you're still the only one I've let trim my hair!
default_yes.gif

Don't be a stranger!
default_smile.png

I'm glad things are going so well for you! Those pictures are precious.
default_yes.gif

default_biggrin.png
Oh they are beautiful! Both have grown so much! Children are such a joy and grow up so quickly.

God bless,

Joan

Oh my gosh Laura, Your children are so beautiful. That little Zac is something else.....tell us...is he really as sweet as his pictures show.....or is he hiding a little devil in there somewhere
default_wub.png

I cant believe how much mia has grown..I love her hair color

Merry Christmas to all!!

heidi

Thanks so much everyone
default_saludando.gif
Zac is a sweetheart, but can be a pistol too! I always say that Mia had to learn on her own to be feisty, Zac has an older example~LOL

Latest posts

Back