Update on Trisket

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

littlehorse2

Well she has only had one coughing spell and that was the day after she got here. Nothing bad, just coughed a few times and that was it. I've been giving her the Breath Easy liquid along with her Antihist and allergy and asthma liquid. She's eating beet pulp and grain with her meds in it. Her pills are disolved in the mixture, her antihist is put in there 2 times a day and in the am her allergy and asthma liquid. I've also started to put some peppermint treats in there so she gets used to the taste, since that's what the Breath Easy smells like and probably tastes like. She gets her drops and ointment in her eye.

She is eating hay that is soaked in water so it keeps the dust down. She loves it and eats every bit of it. I put it in a 5 gal. water bucket and hang it up. She likes everything up high so she can eat it easier. tha's fine by me. I'm going to my mom's now and I'll take some more pictures of her.

Christy
laugh.gif

Last edited:
you are doing such a fabulous job taking care of her!!! thank you!
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Well today she ate her grain and beetpulp mixture with all her meds in it including the Breathe Easy. I was glad to see that since my mom won't be home untill tonight and it takes 2 of us to get the Breathe Easy into her by syringe. I think she want s to be out woth the other horses and probably next week I'll try them together. Smarty really likes her. I'm glad I decided to get him gelded. Bell still isn't sure what to think of her. I'm going to take pictures today, I forgot my camera last night when I went over there.

Christy
wub.gif

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

These were taken today. The green bucket is what I put her hay in. She wasn't sure if she liked the flash going off near her when I took the other picture. So far so good.

Christy
wub.gif

Sorry the first one is so big, I'm afraid to make them smaller since you can't make the back to their original size if it comes out to small.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I love where the sunlight has made a heart on her side in the second picture. She looks wonderful! Great job!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Rhapsody Rhodes

Appy Hollow Farm

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW Christy she looks SO good. We are SO RELIEVED she is doing better!! I was showing my mom pics of her and she had to walk away. I went to find her and she was crying, sad because she misses her, and happy that she was able to get a second chance. WE MISS HER NICKERS GIVE HER BIG HUGS AND KISSES FOR US!!!!

Not a problem, if it's not me giving her hugs it's my kids. She hasn't had any problems breathing, but I still am giving her the meds. I'd reather be safe than sorry. She ate her food this am with her meds in it. All her meds that she gets. I'm am glad we could help, the vet comes on Wednesday so I'll let you know what's up.

Christy
wub.gif
laugh.gif

Oh, I love that picture with her glowing heart. Can we use it for our web site when we get the time to update it? You are doing a wonderful job Christy please thank your mom too.

Ginny StP

This is such a great story and outcome. That heart on her side must be from God's love being happy for you all.

Yes you can use that one for the website. I think your right god must be happy that she is doing so well and that she is so loved.

Christy

No problems today to report. She's eating her food with her meds in it. Which is nice since she would walk away when she saw us coming with the syringe. She loves her new meals of beet pulp, senior feed, molasses, salt, water, and her meds. She is eating some hay that is wet down, a couple handfuls a day. She loves her grass time, but she wants to be out with the other 2 horses so on Thursday she'll get to be turned out with them. She's not drinking alot, but she gets water in her feed and in her hay, and I think that she thinks that's enough. Well the vet comes Wednesday and I'll update my post then to let everyone know exactly how she's doing.

Christy

Latest posts

Back