Update on Timmy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Sweet, loving, gentle, ........huh? Timmy? Well.....not at the moment! I feel like the worn out frazzled mother of a toddler chasing him down, "come back here," " no no no don't do that," "oh no, not that a way" I don't know how some of you get your foals to lay down and fall asleep in your laps, but that aint Timmy! He's a handful! I tell you this boy is going to land in jail before he's a teenager. Holy cow. He will bite you and kick your ______and rear like you can't imagine. He is the most hillareous foal I have ever seen in my life. He has kicked everybody!

He gets into everything. Yestarday there he went trying to get out the itty bitty gap in the gate and I screamed for Dan to help. So Dan asks me what I want him to do and I said "help me grab him!" and Dan said "how?" and I said "anyway you can just stop him!!!" "he's getting out!!!" So Dan grabbed him and threw him up onto his shoulders and said "here you go little squirt,!" as he patted him in the hiney so darn cute.

I do not want them in the stall too much at all so I am easing Holly and Timmy into several turn outs a day more and more each day.

Day one: I gave him and mommy three turn outs in the little paddock in front of the old barn while I babysat. Then day two, I took them down to the little tiny field that Jerry had prepared for them, but never finished. (he thought he had more time so put it off......) So Jerry came home early from work and he worked on finishing their turn out area so hard. We ended up out there finishing fencing and hanging the new gate with flashlights until 10:30 at night. It's a very grassy area, about 100 X 100 that has not been in use all summer long so Michael mowed it for them last night too. I am trying to ease Holly back onto grass just a little bit at a time. They were out there and it was so cute. Their little field adjoins the mares field so everyone can see everyone and boy those mares just came a running to meet Timmy and they were so excited and were lined up along the fence the whole time visiting.

Holly is pretty smart though. The baby had been running and romping and it was so horribly hot, he laid down in the sun. They had been out there for all of 15 minutes and I was just about to bring them back inside, but Holly beat me to it. She got him to get up and brought him to the swimming pool where she could drink some cool water, and then led him directly back into the stall under the fan. Seems like she knew not to let him lay and cook in this horrible heat.

We have had loads of visitors. Everyone here wants to meet Timmy. He's quite an item. We have had the garbage man, the mail man, the whole dang power company who was up here working on our lines came with a whole fleet of power trucks lined up from my driveway down the road, lots of neighbors. The power men told the telephone company so they are due up here today too. Today, the mountain school bus driver is going to come with the kids and just keep them on the bus but pull up and I agreed to have Timmy and Holly outside right at 3:50 when they come by so all the kids can see them.

Dan and Michael who "hate horses" can't seem to get enough of Timmy either. They make a mad dash after school to check on him ("how's the little piddle" they say) and last night their friends came in truck loads, motorcycles, and cars to meet Timmy too. Michael and Dan were so proud to show him off. They both also asked for pictures of him to take to school to show thier teachers.

As far as Jerry and I are concerend we are just tired and hungry! I haven't cooked dinner for two nights now and my living room is filled with baskets upon baskets of dirty laundry that I just have to do today! We are running out of clean clothes!

Anyhow, that's why I haven't been on the forum. I am just really busy right now. Whew! This is just so much fun I wouldn't trade it for anything. Jerry's already asking me when we can breed Holly back! And I said not until spring, so now he is talking things over with Angel hoping that she's in foal already for a 2006 baby. He's really into this.

This is when I first put out Holly and Timmy into their new field and the mares were all lined up on the fence wanting to meet him. That's Merry Beth wanting to give him a kiss while Silver Belle waits her turn.

TimmymeetsMB.jpg

And here is Dan with Timmy right after the "gate rescue"

DanandTimmy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Too cute Marty. He does sound like a little pis.....tol. I have one in Casey too. I'm sporting a nice new bite bruise on my arm. Brats! Gotta luv em.

Oh Marty, he is a doll!

Funny how a little one gets so much attention. He sounds like a typical boy, into everything and fast.

Have fun, I can't wait until next year when I (hopefully) will have my first mini baby!

Lee

[SIZE=14pt]Boy he IS a TINY TIM!!! How are his legs today??? Give him and Holly as much out and about time as you can..... RELAX Marty.... there are days when my foals are brand new that I just put them out and forget they are there till its time to come in....he will be alright...... he doesnt need a baby sitter because he has Holly.... a horsey mom is really all he needs. The babysitting we do for ourselves.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Marty

He's a cutie alright.... Gotta love them boys!!!
wub.gif

Sounds like he's gonna be a holy terror for you and his Mom
538.gif

Great picture of Dan... Bet they are proud of him....

Loved the kitty at the top of the arch too!

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]Boy he IS a TINY TIM!!! How are his legs today??? Give him and Holly as much out and about time as you can..... RELAX Marty.... there are days when my foals are brand new that I just put them out and forget they are there till its time to come in....he will be alright...... he doesnt need a baby sitter because he has Holly.... a horsey mom is really all he needs. The babysitting we do for ourselves.[/SIZE]Lyn

446415[/snapback]

Lyn took the words right out of my mouth!

Just relax and enjoy watching Holly and Tim. She knows what to do, probably even better than you do!

He is simply scrumptious! I was wandering, when does one start setting ground rules for foals???? Like the biting deal? I am so afeard that promise will give birth to a t-rex!

Fran

Cute, cute cute.

I did the same thing, Marty, when my baby was born. I never took my eyes off her. Not because I was worried about her, but because I knew it was going to go really fast and I really wanted to enjoy every minute of it.

Enjoy him- what a handful he is!!!

Marty he is so cute! That's it, Muck and I are coming to your mountain next spring! Hope Angel gives you another little one next year!

Sounds like you are having a great time with TIMMY! He sure is a cute lil begger!

jennifer
saludando.gif

He sure is tiny! Have you measured him (in all your spare time???!!!) Right after Cody was born, it was a non-stop parade of people. Even Animal Control showed up at my place - I thought they were coming after me for having too many minis on my property but nooooo .... they heard the news about my newborn mini and came over to see him!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

marty, have a Marguerita !! If that dosen't chill you out suck it thru a straw !

That's too cute
wub.gif
! I always love when guys get into the babies like that! Seems like your very popular aswell!

<LOL> Marty, Theia was just like that. So I know what you are going through!!

The only way to get her to stop, is pick her up in a body hug, every single time she acted up. That way the humans didn't get hurt!

Would be one way to get the very cute little beastie to quit trying to beat up your family.
yes.gif

Theia still thinks we can pick her up, which is a good thing!!!!

Latest posts

Back