Update on Timmy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty--

You can write a story with the best of them!

You probably said in one of the many threads here, but I'm curious, what prompted the name Tiny Tim? Was it to keep with the Christmas theme? I can see why "tiny" but just wondered on the rest.

Sounds like Holly really knows what to do--what a wonderful thing instinct is!

Congratulations on a safe and happy delivery and foal--we all look forward to many more stories about Tim. (Do you think there will be a book born of this adventure?
wink.gif

All the best--

Roxane

Now Marty, you let Holy care for that baby..she can do a much better job of babysitting than you. And don't worry about Timmy being lively...he is supposed to be! He is simply showing what a healthy happy colt he is. You simply sit back and watch all the antics these little gys do and before you know it he just may sit in your lap. A healthy one is to enjoy not get frazzled over! Have fun, Mary

Marty said:
Sweet, loving, gentle, ........huh? Timmy? Well.....not at the moment! I feel like the worn out frazzled mother of a toddler chasing him down, "come back here," " no no no don't do that,"  "oh no, not that a way"  I don't know how  some of you get your foals to lay down and fall asleep in your laps, but that aint Timmy!  He's a handful!  I tell you this boy is going to land in jail before he's a teenager. Holy cow. He will bite you and kick your ______and rear like you can't imagine. He is the most hillareous foal I have ever seen in my life. He has kicked everybody!
He gets into everything. Yestarday there he went trying to get out the itty bitty gap in the gate and I screamed for Dan to help. So Dan asks me what I want him to do and I said "help me  grab him!" and Dan said "how?" and I said "anyway you can just stop him!!!"  "he's getting out!!!" So Dan grabbed him and threw him up  onto his shoulders and said "here you go little squirt,!" as he patted him in the hiney so darn cute.

I do not want them in the stall too much at all so I am easing Holly and Timmy into several turn outs a day more and more each day.

Day one: I gave him and mommy three turn outs in the little paddock in front of the old barn while I babysat. Then day two, I took them down to the little tiny field that Jerry had prepared for them, but never finished. (he thought he had more time so put it off......) So Jerry came home early from work and he worked on finishing their turn out area so hard. We ended up out there finishing fencing and hanging the new gate with flashlights until 10:30 at night. It's a very grassy area, about 100 X 100 that has not been in  use all summer long so Michael mowed it for them  last night too. I am trying to ease Holly back onto grass just a little bit at a time. They were out there and it was so cute. Their little field adjoins the mares field so everyone can see everyone and boy those mares just came a running to meet Timmy and they were so excited and were lined up along the fence the whole time visiting.

Holly is pretty smart though. The baby had been running and romping and it was so horribly hot, he laid down in the sun. They had been out there for all of 15 minutes and I was just about to bring them back inside, but Holly beat me to it. She got him to get up and brought him to the swimming pool where she could drink some cool water, and then led him directly back into the stall under the fan. Seems like she knew not to let him lay and cook in this horrible heat.

We have had loads of visitors. Everyone here wants to meet Timmy. He's quite an item. We have had the garbage man, the mail man, the whole dang power company who was up here working on our lines came with a whole fleet of power trucks lined up from my driveway down the road, lots of neighbors. The power men told the telephone company so they are due up here today too.  Today, the mountain school bus driver is going to come with the kids and just keep them on the bus but pull up and I agreed to have Timmy and Holly outside right at 3:50 when they come by so all the kids can see them.

Dan and Michael who "hate horses" can't seem to get enough of Timmy either. They make a mad dash after school to check on him  ("how's the little piddle" they say) and last night their friends came in truck loads, motorcycles, and cars to meet Timmy too. Michael and Dan were so proud to show him off. They both also asked for pictures of him to take to school to show thier teachers.

As far as Jerry and I are concerend we are just tired and  hungry! I haven't cooked dinner for two nights now and my living room is filled with baskets upon baskets of dirty laundry that I just have to do today! We are running out of clean clothes!

Anyhow, that's why I haven't been on the forum. I am just really busy right now. Whew! This is just so much fun I wouldn't trade it for anything. Jerry's already asking me when we can breed Holly back! And I said not until spring, so now he is talking things over with Angel hoping that she's in foal already for a 2006 baby. He's really into this.

This is when I first put out Holly and Timmy into their new field and the mares were all lined up on the fence wanting to meet him. That's Merry Beth wanting to give him a kiss while Silver Belle waits her turn.

TimmymeetsMB.jpg

And here is Dan with Timmy right after the "gate rescue"

DanandTimmy.jpg

446400[/snapback]

Marty, LOVE IT!!!!
laugh.gif
Thank heaven you don't have more than one!
new_shocked.gif

My advice to you --

Buy some Frozen dinners and a Pizza to cover the next few days.....

Throw a load of laundry into the machine.

Pour yourself a nice tall Gin and Tonic (or whatever).

Pull out a Lounge Chair, put your feet up and enjoy the romp......
wink.gif

MA

aktion033.gif
Congratulations Holly and Marty!

Timmy is absolutely adorable! I'm so glad the wait is over and you can now enjoy this little guy. He's got lots of wonderful times to look forward to and he will have your boys wrapped around his little hoof in no time!
yes.gif

God bless,

Joan

aktion033.gif
Oh Marty he is a doll, My sassy was that way when she first got here(she is 6 wks old now) She wanted to bite and kicked the fire out of my shins. She learned quick not to do it tho, I pinched her nose when she bit me till she decided that was no fun. Then when she kicked i picked her up and layed her down until she decided that was no fun either. Now she follows me like a pup and circles me until i stop and give her a goood rubdown and scratch. She leaves mom and comes to me lol. Halter training is going good so far cause she is so curious and wants to follow me and be loved on. If you can stop the kicking and biting while he is a little twerp it will be a lot easier than when he's bigger
yes.gif
Aren't they loves tho.
biggrin.gif
Cheryl

He is too cute. Slow down and enjoy the baby. As your first this is understandable. Of course, even if they are your fortyth you will still have one that you spoil more than the others.

Awww Marty! He is the tiniest cutest little thing I have ever seen
wub.gif
Your doing a great job with him!
yes.gif

Jessica

He is truley TINY Tim
wub.gif
He looks so sweet even if he isnt a "lap foal" Holly dun a darn good job on that there fetus! Relax Marty! He is just happy to be out of a small dark sack!
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Marty Congratulations! I've been offline for a week and was thrilled to learn you had a healthy baby boy! Man, I was in withdrawal from the forum.

Congrats! I checked out his pics and he looks like a doll!

Marty.....Tiny Tim is so cute, you could just eat him up!
wub.gif

Be careful not to spoil him TOO much tho. These little boys can get out of hand very quickly if you don't nip those bad habits in the bud right from the start!
yes.gif

Gosh Marty, he looks like a buckskin in those pictures...My bays have never had that black of mane and tail that early...could one of yours have the cream gene? I can't remember what Nick is? Timmy is just beautiful..

He sure is a good looking boy. Enjoy him , they only stay small for a short time.

I don't post much, but I do read every day. I keep checking to see all new babys. They are sll so cute.But I thhink Timmy is going to be special.

Hoping Angel is preggo for next year. Enjoy that tiny Tim hes going to be a pis---tol so glad everything has gone so well for you and yours. And who knows Timmy may be just what you needed to get those boys interested in horses again. Congratulations again

Man, I hate it when I work and miss the good stuff! I didn't know Holly had foaled. Congrats Marty. Looks like a real cutie pie and obviously has everyone wrapped around his hoof!

Latest posts

Back