Update on Starving Horse Story

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylady

Reaction score
Just when I think I've heard it all
default_frusty.gif

Officer demoted

Evidently, standard operating procedure for the Pender County Sherriff's Department must be followed at all costs. The welfare of the horses didn't matter, Animal Control's inaction didn't matter, Officer Lewis didn't follow SOP, therefore he must be punished for being insubordinate.
default_10_2_12.gif
for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what? That officer is a HERO, and should be treated as such! JERKS
default_no.gif

What a darned shame that someone was demoted because he refused to let an animal continue to suffer while the red tape was being played out. I say GOOD FOR HIM! It's a shame there aren't more like him.

I got alittle confused reading the story...it wasn't written very well or I am really tired today...what did the officer do wrong? Was it because he contacted a non profit agency after the animal control did nothing? What's wrong with that? What is the protocal? There should be a system in place that after animal control gets involved and there are still complaints something needs to be done. Thats bullcrap he got demoted! He took initiative...he should of got a promotion!

There are several comments below the article. Naturally we will not be told the "reason" for the suspension and demotion as that is "private personnel info". However, I am with the ones who posted as to helping to reverse and support this man who did WHAT WAS RIGHT!! Ten days and no response from the Animal Control is just BAD....investigate and demote that crew!

So, we could all write to the Mayor, City Council, Police Chief and help them understand who didn't follow procedures and/or act promptly. Maybe several horse groups should do so!!!!!!!!!!

Bunnylady.......got any names/addys?

Latest posts

Back