Update on special present,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Frankie,

Please, please share that with the magazines. Prints was our 'special' baby and how fitting that she now 'belongs' to a 'special' little boy!!

Tears here too!!!

Pam

Thanks for sharing your very special Christmas story with us. Hunting the Kleenex box here in Kentucky. That is what makes having these little guys all worthwhile.

That is such a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it with everyone. These little horses can find a spot in everyone's heart, and Prints and your grandson have a very special bond
default_smile.png

Wow, what wonderful and kind replies. As he is my grandson, I didn't expect others to completely understand.

Tommy gives us those moments often. He has an insight that is beyond of most adults. When he talks with Prints he doesn't miss a beat, its kind of like listening to one side of a phone conversation. I use to think he was just making up things, and as far out there as this seems, I now think he hears her. About a month ago I went to get a halter for her so he could brush her, same halter she has had for about a year. When I started to put it on her, he told me not to use it, Prints doesn't like it. Huh? She said the buckle rubs her funny. Well who am I to argue, I got another halter. Sure he could have still made it up, but when you listen to the way he says it, I don't know.

I am glad you enjoyed it, thanks for allowing me to share. I hope your Christmas was just as bright!
default_smile.png

About a month ago I went to get a halter for her so he could brush her, same halter she has had for about a year. When I started to put it on her, he told me not to use it, Prints doesn't like it. Huh? She said the buckle rubs her funny. Well who am I to argue, I got another halter. Sure he could have still made it up, but when you listen to the way he says it, I don't know.I am glad you enjoyed it, thanks for allowing me to share. I hope your Christmas was just as bright!
default_smile.png
Believe,

Yes, we had a wonderful Christmas, our grand children are the best gifts ever....
default_wub.png

Thanks for sharing....

tears in my eyes, too, for a special grandson and a special little horse.....jennifer

That is the most wonderful story ever!!!!
default_biggrin.png
Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us! I also believe that all animals have that insight and can totally understand what we are saying and feeling towards them!!!!
default_yes.gif

Well, we scanned the papers altered them, and put Tommys name on as the owner. It was the last present he opened up this morning. The paper was framed and on the top. He got it out and read part of it. I asked him what it said. He read the AMHR part, and then I asked him who was the horse, and who did the paper say was the owner. He looked up at me and said it's me, from Muncie IN,,,grandma that's me! I own a horse and this paper is my proof,,,grandma let's go tell Prints!! Also in the box was a new halter and lead. So in 35 mph wind and a good 6 inches of mud, we headed to the barn. We get to the barn and he runs to Prints to hug her. He then pulls out the framed paperwork that I didn't know he had tucked under his coat. He holds the frame up to Prints and says,,,see Prints, this makes it true, you are my own special horse and I promise to love you and treat you with special care for as long as we live. This is an exciting day for both of us. Prints, is this your best Christmas? And yes, I had a tear or two in my eye. We came in the house and he kept going on and on how unbelievable it was he owned a horse. He'd go to the window and say dad, come here, there's my horse. Now remember, he has been around this horse since the day she was born. He and I sat and made a folder for Prints. I looked at my work schedule so we made a schedule for him to come over and take care of her. He also made me a list of things I was to do for her on the days he wasn't here. Included on the list was talking to her and explaining why Tommy wasn't there today, he told me Prints understands just make sure to tell her.

Before they left I asked him if he had a good Christmas, he said, when I'm 50 years old and someone asks me if I remember my best Christmas, I know I will say the Christmas I got my first horse. He then pulled a dollar from his pocket, it was to get special treats for her until he got back on Sunday.

He called me right after supper, how's Prints? Did she eat ok? Did you talk to her? Is she in the barn, its kind of cold out?

I know for all of us our horses are special, but I can't describe how beyond special this was for a little boy who shares his thoughts only with a horse. As he said, she understands.

Bonnie told me 4 years ago how very special Prints was, and although I did know, today I felt it deeply.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Aww.. I love it! What a wonderful end to the season to the magical season!!

Hugs,

Bonnie

What a wonderful Christmas story
default_wub.png
. Horses bring out so much love in everyone they are around. God Bless!

Latest posts

Back