update on rescue minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendy4mini

Reaction score
Just returned from the vet with the minis we got last night. The mare with the swollen cheeks had to have her teeth power drilled due to the extreme points. She also has 2 teeth that will be removed due to damage caused by the points in lower teeth. She now looks normal!
aktion033.gif
But is probably 18-20 years old.

The old mare has an eye ulcer and will be on medication for 3 weeks and she is somewhere between 25-30 years old.

The vet did suggest that we use the blood test to determine pregnancy but to wait a month to do so.

The yearling filly that is in worst body condition, is on a careful diet. And unfornately, might be bred and pretty far along.
no.gif
We are hoping that her huge bloated belly is worms.

Everyone was wormed last night and no signs of distress. So I'm hopeful that everyone will have a full recovery and a long and happy life.
wub.gif

Big old Tennessee cheers on you Wendy for taking this on!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

You may want to get them all on SANDBLAST too which should clean them out and help eliminate any dirt that got in their bellys. If that's not a baby in there, it will help to deflate her.

It's just so hard to imagine anyone starving animals even in the summertime with so much grass in this state. Just boggels the mind I swear.

Thank for the update! Glad the little ones are in your good hands now.

If that yearling IS full of worms and was wormed, she might get a belly ache, so that's something to watch......just a thought.

MA

You are a wonderful person to help these minis. You have my heartfelt respect.

Ginny St P

Thanks for the update...hopefully the yearling is not in foal. Watch for colic with the worming! Keep us posted....you're doing a great job!
biggrin.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Wendy thanks for taking all this on and taking care of these old and young ones.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Thanks everyone. They are already starting to feel better. I can't for this weekend so we can start some in dept handling practice. I did take the yearling for a little stroll last night so she could eat a little grass. She has those big doe eyes, so I think she maybe a keeper. My son , who is seven, named the horses last night and he did pretty good, Coco (she's the black mother) Laura (after a teenage girl her has a crush on), Devino ( after his horse that died in June) . But the old mare is Cat?
unsure.gif
He thought that was hilarious!!!

Latest posts

Back