Update on my daughter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimama

Reaction score
Well, the good news is we are home. Finally! Four days in the hospital has not been anything good. We are both very very tired and very worn out. My daughter had a bone marrow biopsy yesterday so she is also very sore today. We will get the results of that next week and they plan to do more blood work as well. The doctors feel at this point that she has some form of anemia, but not just regular low iron anemia, something more severe, like aplastic anemia. She had to have five units of blood while in there and we have to watch her color to make sure she does not have to go back and have more. (by the way if anyone is a regular blood donor and would like to give blood in her name, let me know, it would be appreciated greatly.) They have run so many blood tests she looks like a pin cusion with the pins pulled out. I am so sorry for all she has gone through the last four days. We ended up in the Pediatric Oncology ward at the second hospital and of course the doctors did not prepare us that this is where we are going so, I almost lost it walking in there addn seeing all of these kids, with no hair, and so pale and oh gosh it was so awful and I just wanted to bawl! But i held it together for my daughters sake. Now today I ams totally spent and she and i are both doing nothing but watching tv and veging out! Thank goodness for a husband that works from home and older kids that can run errands!

Anyway, we still do not have many answers but at least we have a direction to head in and I will keep updating as we get more info.

Thank you to all that have said a prayer for us, please continue, we still have a long way to go.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Stacy

First of all, what a brave young lady your daughter is! That's a LOT for anyone to handle, let alone a kiddo! I will continue to keep your family in my prayers! Take some time and rest, you've all got to be exhausted. Hopefully, she won't have to go back before the results are in for more needles!

HUGS and continued prayers

Jodi

Oh, Stacy, I am so worried for her and for you.

Please know my thoughts are with you, your family, and her.

Liz M.

It sure must be hard for a parent to have to watch their beloved child go through such difficult times. That mothering instinct makes you want to cuddle her and make all her troubles go away, and unfortunately, that does not always do the job.

I hope she is feeling a little better very soon, and hope you both take it easy now that you can, as you may need your strength later for testing and/or treatment. I hope they will be able to help her out very soon. Good luck with the test results. Sending prayers.
default_pray.gif
:

{{{hugs to both of you}}} How difficult it must be. I will keep you all in my heart and stand in agreement to your prayers for her health.

~Karen

I am so glad you got her home. This has to have been a very traumatic event for you and your family. Know that I keep her in my prayers.

You may not know this but I have been right by your side since you first posted about this.

I can't explain it.

I'm so glad that you have made it home finally. I am praying that this will be nothing serious and that your daughter will be back to normal soon.

Stacy,

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers, hang in there, I know how hard this is for you to watch your child endure this. As a mom who has had one of those bald headed children I speak from the heart, and I know exactly what you where feeling walking on that Pediatric Onocology floor!!!! All to well! Hang in there!! If you need to talk you are welcome to PM me or email me!

Michele

Back