Update on my boys

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
Well, we got the blood results back today for Peanut ((Dealer wasn't tested because he isn't so much like Peanut))

Peanut has a high, but not outrageous amount of white blood cells, saying that yes, there is an infection, but it hasn't gotten too out of hand yet. The vet said there was a considerable amount of swelling and such, leading him to believe he was allergic to something, although he is not sick based on an allergy. Whatever the heck he has, he is definetly getting better, and yes, it WAS contagious. I wonder if any of my trainer's horses got it... Took him temp this morning, 101 exactly. Oh, he is anemic as well, so we need to go and get that boy a supplement full of iron. I was surprised to see that it wasn't influenza!

Hey Nicole, when Ernie was sick, was he coughing at all?

oh, and Dealers temp was 100.5 this morning!
aktion033.gif
so I think both of these boys are getting better.

Thanks everyone for all your support-and for the advice on how to cool out Dealer and stuff! I don't know what I would do without this forum. When we saw Dealers temperature yesterday, the first words out of my mouth were, lemme hop on the forum and ask how to do this
wink.gif

Hey Nicole, when Ernie was sick, was he coughing at all?
It was Eclipse who was sick lol - He was coughing some but not much. There was tons of yellow snot though, and he had a fever, acted depressed and didnt want to eat as much as he usually would. He got sick with in a few days after I got him. The vets here are rather dumb and told me there was several things we could be dealing with but he didnt know what it was (Oh yeah, there bright ones) we gave him antibiodic for a week and he got better. The vet was leaning towards upper respratory infection if I remember.

Thanks for the update, glad there getting better!!!

Whoohoo!! I am so happy for Peanut! I knew they would be fine in no time! And about dealers temperature THAT IS SO AWESOME! I am so happy for you and your boys!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That is great news! I will hope they continue to improve for you.

Best wishes,

Liz M.

I am so glad they are getting better! YAY
aktion033.gif
What kind of supplement are you going to give so he gets iron? Just wondering lol

Jessica

LilSapphire said:
I am so glad they are getting better! YAY 
aktion033.gif
  What kind of supplement are you going to give so he gets iron? Just wondering lol
Jessica

435153[/snapback]

Not really sure. Its this stuff the vet is going to give us, and from what I understand its a liquid you pour over their grain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to hear the good news Kid.

Hey ask your vet about using RED CELL for the anemia. I have used it on horses before that have anemia. It's a great source of iron.
wink.gif

Glad to hear that they are getting better!
aktion033.gif

Glad to hear that it wasn't influenza!

Joyce

Hey Marty, I will be asking the vet about that stuff, thank you!

The boys are enjoying themselves right now. They are feeling so much better! Peanut even trotted out into the pasture ((its small, just enough so they can move around)) and they have access to shade, and fans and whatever they need. I am so glad Peanut is acting like his old self-he had me pretty scared for a while there!

Latest posts

Back