Update on Murfee the rescued mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsyheart

Reaction score
I posted a few months back about a mini saved with only a minute to spare.My friend who works for a vet clinic was there when a man brought a beautiful mare to have her 'put down". Her hooves were so overgrown (they looked like elves feet)she had to shuffle to walk and fell often.My friend persuaded the man to give the mare to her. She then called me and asked if I wanted her. I said OF COURSE! I named her MURFEE. She is a JOY,so loving and sweet. It has taken many months of careful trimming but her hooves are slowly being corrected. It became apparent soon after I got her that she was PREGO. On Labor day she delivered a perfect,beautiful bay baby boy.
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
I call him Lil Chance.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I need a foal halter for him. PLEASE e-mail me if you have one I could purchase I can't buy one where I live. Thanks Ramona [email protected]

Gypsyheart said:
I posted a few months back about  a mini saved with only a minute to spare.My friend who works for a vet clinic was there when a man brought a beautiful mare to have her 'put down".  Her hooves were so overgrown (they looked like elves feet)she had to shuffle to walk and fell often.My friend persuaded the man to give the mare to her. She then called me and asked if I wanted her. I said OF COURSE!  I named  her MURFEE.  She is a JOY,so loving and sweet. It has taken many months of careful trimming but her hooves are slowly being corrected. It became apparent soon after I got her that she was PREGO. On Labor day she delivered a perfect,beautiful bay baby boy.
wub.gif

wub.gif

wub.gif

wub.gif
I call him Lil Chance. 
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif
  I need a foal  halter for him. PLEASE e-mail me if you have one I could purchase I can't buy one where I live.   Thanks   Ramona        [email protected]
477825[/snapback]

A wonderful Blessing indeed. I love them! Ramona

Last edited by a moderator:
AWWWW!!! Congrats and hugs to your wonderful friend and to u and the little momma.

Would also love to see a photo of your two miracles!
yes.gif

And if you could measure your babies face, I'll look and see if we have a foal halter

that would fit. You can PM me.

MA

aktion033.gif
Bravo to you and your friend! I've seen many, we no some, people that just don't put enought store into the importance of hoof trimming!

It's a real responsibility and since I AM one I feel I can chide some fellow pocket pet mini owners.

It's not a dog, it's a horse and must have regular good foot care..that costs money and perhaps the sellers might even OVER emphasize that importantance and what that cost might be..off my soapbox now,

Lets see pictures soon..Maxine

What a happy ending! God bless you and your friend! I would love to see pics of them both.

Sheri

tracerace said:
I have a mini foal halter if you still need one. Just let e know where to send it!
Tracy

477931[/snapback]

By chance is there any one on this board who has a scanner? I have lots of pics of him and momma but they are not digital. I am a nerd when it comes to the digital age. I would gladly send great pics of him to someone who has a scanner and could download to this site. Thanks Ramona

luvmymini2 said:
aktion033.gif

new_shocked.gif

new_shocked.gif

new_multi.gif

new_multi.gif

new_multi.gif

please.gif

please.gif
We wantsa see!! we wanta see!!! love happy endings..need to see that baby!!!
517.gif

517.gif

477987[/snapback]

Maxine It was my pleasure to see Murfee kick up her heels and run for the first time after her hooves were trimmed.No telling how long it had been! Doc said she is a young horse 5 or 6 years old. I have her on a regular trimming program now.I have never seen such simple pure joy as I did when my precious Murfee took off running and bucking.She ran for the pure happiness and freedom of it. She has changed so much from a sad, timid ,thin little,horse who kept her head in the corner of the fence to a sassy little DIVA.She runs to me and nickers when she sees my jeep : expects and gets scratching galore .Blessings Always... God Bless Ramona

Thanks to all of you for your kind offers of halters. You are all angels. I someone is sending me some.!!! Thanks again. God Bless you Ramona

Latest posts

Back