Update on Miss Tilly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdbeshears

Reaction score
I just posted this info in the thread "Vet wrong about ultrasound" but thought i should go ahead and start a new thread with the new info..... Blood test came back negative...Vet said her level was at a 3....so we assumed she..(.after all of the positive test, then negative test, then ultrasound (unprofessional as it was) revealed nothing and then the blood test came back negative)....was not bred... Well 2 days ago...she started rolling for 4-5 hours.....sweating....no appetite....we thought ok maybe colic...even tho she was pooping and peeing just fine....eventually she stopped....and was totally exhausted....but...her udder has filled slightly...and her vulva is elongating...and she is turning pinker and pinker inside every day....her shape has also changed in the last day.....She looks and acts like she is getting ready to foal...and.....going by the very first date of her being heatish in beg of April...she would be 319 days today....We also researched the Estrone Sulphate blood test...which said it declines rapidly beginning about 2 weeks before foaling....which would account for the low result...Sooooo we still arent sure 100% that she is in foal...but to me all the signs are saying she is....So...... we shall see lol....If anyone wants to follow us and watch her on camera please go to www.kdbeshears.camstreams.com fingers crossed that we do indeed have a baby coming......Below are 3 pics from yesterday....20150226_213742.jpg20150227_154154.jpg20150227_204506.jpg

Wow, she looks like she's going to foal to me. That would be something if even blood tests were wrong. Hoping for a baby for you.

default_yes.gif
I sure hope so too

I'm hoping with you for a beautiful baby for you really soon. The only other explanation to me would seem to be a "false" pregnancy which could go all the way to a 'non-delivery' with her even growing an udder and could have her appear to labor.

I'm REALLY hoping for a new little one for you and praying the SHE knows best and is just being one of those wonderful mares that loves to confuse us !!!

PLEASE keep us posted on this beauty!!!!

oh wow...didnt know that they could actually appear to be in labor with a false preg....sure hope this is not what this is......thank you so much for the encouraging words everyone....

I hope she is Foal for you as well Kimberley. My little Mare had a false Pregnancy last year, I was sure she was pregnant, She bagged up slightly, Vulva elongated and changed colour.

Couldn't believe it when My vet said she believed that she wasn't pregnant in the end and was having a false Pregnancy.

Hoping this is not the case for you and that we see a baby really soon
default_smile.png

I am keeping the fact that it could be a false preg in the back of my mind.....!!!!!!
default_whistling.gif
But sure hoping against hope that its for real!!!!!! We are all chomping at the bits to find out whats really going on with this crazy girl!!!!!!
default_pray.gif

I hope she does have a beautiful little foal for you! I'm going crazy myself about my two new mini mares. Not knowing if they are in foal is making me nutty already. Lol

Two years ago my mare was supposed to be in foal and she sure looked like it and progressed as though she was but in the end she wasn't. They can fool you. Maybe because her friends were expecting and she wanted to be part of the group. Hope you have exciting news for us.

Still hoping for good news for you and looking forward to a "positive" announcement!

Last edited:
It is crazy!!!! I will be worried sick if Flower is in foal, she is tiny tiny!!!

Hope we see a beautiful little foal from your pretty girl soon!

Latest posts

Back