UPDATE on Kansas Minis UPDATE****************

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told that you don't need a Coggins on a baby under 6 months. Hope that was right.
I think that may not be totally correct. I cannot say for sure, but I do know that here, there is something similar, and that is that a foal under 6 months does not need a coggins IF the foal is still at it's dam's side and is being shipped with the dam. I would imagine it is likely the same there, and probably what you are thinking of.

Hi Danielle, now I am confused. I had originally thought the white one we took out on Friday was him but he turned out to be too young too. So I figured it must be the one that Cathy had. There are no more white stallions there that I could see. D**m now I'm wondering too where he is. I'll try to find out.

Ginny

As for the coggins question:

If traveling with the dam and under 6 months they do not need one, but the dam does.

Otherwise they do, at any age need a coggins to cross state lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
UT OH I broke the law...do you think the Sheriff will come and get me? BTW I got ticketed by Bourbon Countys finest while I was there!!

G

~Ginny~I have contacted Shannon about the foal filly that was surrendered. Was trying to find out if this foal went to SWER? It was the one that got left behind the first visit, I believe.

I (my family) are very interested in fostering/adopting this little one. I don't know what color she is, but believe it to be the only one that was surrendered, not purchased.

Do I need to contact SWER, or can I go through CMHR? Shannon was going to pass on the word, but I know she is very busy and would like to notify whomever necessary.

Thanks! :bgrin

:saludando: BTW...Terrific job to you and all CMHR, rescues, and volunteers for all the hard work and constant drive from the heart!
default_wub.png
:

Hi Danielle, now I am confused. I had originally thought the white one we took out on Friday was him but he turned out to be too young too. So I figured it must be the one that Cathy had. There are no more white stallions there that I could see. D**m now I'm wondering too where he is. I'll try to find out.
Ginny
:no: where are you buddy!!!! Oh dear.....

Thanks for trying to find him for me. He looks palomino sort of color, hard to tell or maybe buckskin?

FMC you have a PM

Danielle, I was there when that picture was taken. I remember him well. He was 2 pens down from the main stallion herd and next to the blind stallion. However, I don't remember seeing him when I was there last. He may have been turned out with the herd?

Kristen is going back there soon, I'll ask her to check.

Ginny

Danielle, I don't think those horses are one in the same either.

The one that Mona posted, I don't think that is who Cathy has there.

I think the one you are looking for is blind. He appears blind in that picture Mona posted and

also his hair does not look that shaggy as Cathy's horses.

Where are you Mystery horse?

OH I broke the law...do you think the Sheriff will come and get me?

Don't think so Ginny. He might run into your sheriff of your county. Oh wait, isn't your sherrif in jail for drunk driving?
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: Yup folks believe it! :new_all_coholic:

That is odd that the vet wouldn't have told you about the coggins when you got the health certificate....the vet should have known whatwas required. Will be looking forward to seeing the pictures. I want to add that you make me feel soo good with answering all the questions we ask and being so nice and polite about it. Good job :aktion033: :aktion033: Mary

UT OH I broke the law...do you think the Sheriff will come and get me? BTW I got ticketed by Bourbon Countys finest while I was there!!

G

Marty, the blind horse was in the pen next to this one. I don't kno what was wrong with him.

I will try to acclimate myself from the photos when I go back this Sunday for thise interested in certain horses and their availability and whereabouts. I have a hay donation for the herd and hope to pick up a little gelding I asked Vern to save back for me. Ginny stated: YOU'RE ALREADY HOOKED. 10-4, good buddy!!

Just thought I'd mention that after we finished loading on Friday I saw a cute little white guy in the large stallion pen in the front corner along the road. He doesn't show up very well on any of my pictures and I didn't notice him before, but after the confusion was over he walked over to the near fence to see what was going on. Cute, Cute, Cute. Pretty head and face, my impression was young....but he might be 25 (like I said earlier....untrained eye). I assume since he was in the stallion pen he's a stallion....but it turns out that some of the ones we took out of there were geldings....so ya never know.

Just thought someone who's planning a trip to Vern's might be interested.

:new_shocked: :new_shocked: If you haven't seen it.....check out the new information that was posted on the Back Porch.

It's another part of Lil Beginnings forum. At the top left side of the page (under the ads) click on Lil Beg..Min..Horse forums, then select The Back Porch. Or go all the way to the bottom right and change it from Miniature Horse Forum to The Back Porch.

I don't think so Danielle...I still think the one laying down was a different mini. "Boo" appears to have light pigment and maybe is a cremello. The other one had definately dark pigment, and a dark base color ro his mane. I would say he was likely a very pale silver buckskin.

This is the horse that Danielle is trying to locate, if anyone can help her. Maybe someone remembers seeing him or the pen he is in??

daniellesstallion.jpg
Yes, this is the horse that hit me so hard I had to stop looking and who spurred me to try and help in any small way from way out in NY, so the auction volunteering, I also would LOVE to know he's ok now. Please?
default_unsure.png
:

I just got a telephone call from U.S. Senator Pat Roberts office in Wichita. They were following up on my letter to them. Nice conversation with the lady who called. I told her that I hoped Senator Roberts was sincere in his concern and that while progress has been made, that there are still horses there that need help. I told her I had driven over there and bought 2 of them "just to save their lives". I'm amazed that I finally actually got a response from someone......and a U.S. Senator no less.

I don't think so Danielle...I still think the one laying down was a different mini. "Boo" appears to have light pigment and maybe is a cremello. The other one had definately dark pigment, and a dark base color ro his mane. I would say he was likely a very pale silver buckskin.

This is the horse that Danielle is trying to locate, if anyone can help her. Maybe someone remembers seeing him or the pen he is in??

daniellesstallion.jpg
Yes, this is the horse that hit me so hard I had to stop looking and who spurred me to try and help in any small way from way out in NY, so the auction volunteering, I also would LOVE to know he's ok now. Please?
default_unsure.png
:

I am praying with you!!!! :no:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: I JUST HAVE TO FIND HIM!!! I would love him to become part of my furbaby family
default_please.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Thank to those who have sent me emails and pms and will help find him when they go to the property this week, bless you ALL!!! I won't rest until I find out one way or the other where he is
default_sad.png

:new_shocked: :new_shocked: OMH What is happening?????

I just got a call from the Governor's office. She said they got a call from Senator Roberts office after they called me.

I told them everything I could think of....about the obvious starvation and their emaciated condition, trash and junk, the 2 horses who had lost an eye, the 2 blind horses, the maggot infested sheath that it took over an hour to clean, our concern about them surviving the winter, the fact that the worst ones had been surrendered and that some of us were there on Friday purchasing them (simply taking the ones Vern was willing to let us take) for the sole purpose of saving their lives, how I drove there from out of state because of my concern for them.

And they want pictures...for the file. She said the youtube video is already part of the file. I mentioned the Fox 4 newscast on Friday and she read it while we were talking.

She assured me (same as Sen Roberts) that they were monitoring the situation. She said the Humane Society (?) had a vet out there on Thursday and something else that was close but not quite what we've been told (darn it, can't remember what it was).

Is anybody else getting calls???????

Latest posts

Back