UPDATE on Kansas Minis UPDATE****************

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Appylover..the stallion in the pen by himself is totally blind, which is why he probably moves in circles. When I first saw him, I thought he was (I forget the term) cage crazy. He was separated from the herd by Mr Trembly beause of his blindness. He is pretty!!

Ginny

Ahhhh poor little guy. too bad he couldn't have been rescued. Ginny, I hope you will be putting up pictures soon of the little buckskin you took home. Will he be put up for adoption after you bring him up to par? MARY

Hi Appylover..the stallion in the pen by himself is totally blind, which is why he probably moves in circles. When I first saw him, I thought he was (I forget the term) cage crazy. He was separated from the herd by Mr Trembly beause of his blindness. He is pretty!!

Ginny

Thanks for the update Gini! I'm glad to hear that horses are continuing to get help over there! Yea!! :aktion033:

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: You all did an awesome job. Well done :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Thanks for setting things straight and ALL of your ongoing hard work.

Thanks for the update Ginny. Good news all around it seems. :aktion033:

So if CMHR is funding the care for the bulk of the horses will they then be overseeing the adoption process when the horses are able to be moved on? How many horses will likely end up being made available for adoption do you figure?

Ginny, I tried to send you a pm but your box is full. Cathy sent me some pics of "Boo" :bgrin but he is not the one I was seeking out. Boo is basically a baby and the one I was trying to find out about was an older looking stallion I believe who was pictured in a pen, by himself, and lying down. Could this be the one that is blind???? PM please.

Thanks

GREAT update Ginny! Perfect. You did GRAND.

It's all falling into place now. Finally I see that light at the end of that tunnel thanks to so many people.

Get some rest Ginny.

Maybe I'll get lucky and even sleep tonite too! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Their health will be monitored by several groups and if it is seen that they are not being cared for more steps will be taken. He will not be allowed to breed or increase his herd. All stallions remaining will be gelded and no outside stallion will be used.
..................... This is what I was hoping to read..............Thank you & no need to apologize.

[SIZE=12pt]CAN I JUST ADD A REMINDER OF ALL OF US THAT ARE TOO FAR AWAY TO BE ABLE TO HELP OUT BY BRINGING ONE OF THESE SWEET BABYS HOME TO LOOK AFTER TO GET TO THE AUCTION AND DO SOME BIDDING !!!!
default_unsure.png
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]

I DON'T MIND WINNING ALL THE STUFF BUT I WOULD LOVE TO SHARE !!!
default_wink.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Danielle, I'm sorry, but the one I'm talking about isn't Boo either. He is a chocolate brown with flaxen mane and tail. Reminded me of Rex Allen's Coco (if you're old enough to remember him). Vern told me that he was by himself because he beat up on the other horses. I'm terribly sorry to hear that he's blind!!! I thought he was a little beauty (maybe not show quality) but to my untrained eye a beauty nontheless. I have a picture of him if you'd like me to email it to you.

default_yes.gif
: Thanks to everyone for a job well done and for the update. You all are greatly appreciated1

God bless,

Joan

Ginny you are an amazing person!! I have been following this story since it was first posted and I really just want to congratulate you on a job well done. I wish everyone had a heart like yours! I am soooo glad Valiant has such an amazing home :bgrin Give him hugs and kisses for me
default_wub.png
:

Even tho I only made it to I think page 56 on the original thread (I haven't been home much and got backed up on reading the forum), I am sooo happy to read this update and see all the wonderful things that have happened to give these horses a second chance, which is really the most important thing...even the ones that will be staying at Mr. Trembly's.

Kudos to CMHR and all the other people involved in this effort!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Okay here are a couple of pics of Boo and his girlfriend, they were both transported by the rescues. Boo first went with Judy and her husband and then due to Judy's husband's health issues ( :saludando: hope you are feeling better) is now with Cathy. When Cathy sent me the first pics Boo looked like a yearling, so small but now that Judy and Cathy sent me more pics I can see that yes it could very well be the horse we all first saw in the first pics posted that was lying down. Cathy told me the vet thinks that Boo is approximately 3 years of age. All are hoping with good feed both will regain their strength and with corrective hoof trimming that they won't be walking on their pasterns, keep your fingers crossed
default_yes.gif
: For now they are both having difficult walking so they are only walking very slowly. I told Cathy I am willing to bet these two, in no time at all and after the trims, etc...one day they will run again :bgrin

508540535111_0_BG.jpg

Boo_and_friend.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so Danielle...I still think the one laying down was a different mini. "Boo" appears to have light pigment and maybe is a cremello. The other one had definately dark pigment, and a dark base color ro his mane. I would say he was likely a very pale silver buckskin.

I don't know anymore Mona
default_wacko.png
:. Unless the horse I saw in the pic that was posted when this all started, he was in the video as well, lying down, is still on the property??? ANYONE HELP, lol. Need to identify that "mystery" man (horse) that was in that pic.

This is the horse that Danielle is trying to locate, if anyone can help her. Maybe someone remembers seeing him or the pen he is in??

daniellesstallion.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary, the buckskin baby I took home was one of the three weanlings. Actually she belongs to Wendi who bought her. I'm just keeping her here till Wendi can drive back from Maryland to pick her up. I was told that you don't need a Coggins on a baby under 6 months. Hope that was right. She rode just fine in the back of my SUV. Wendi stayed back there with her for most of the 12 hour drive. I'll take pictures of her tomorrow and post them.

Ginny

Latest posts

Back