UPDATE on Kansas Minis UPDATE****************

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
First I'd like to apologize for getting to this so late when so many people are waiting. I kinda burned out when I got home yesterday.

Thanks to the national Campaign to get the word out, 26 minis are now either in Foster Homes or adoptive homes. More have been purchased directly. At last count Mr Trembly is down to 57. This is plus or minus a couple. Wendi and I went to visit the ones that were first brought out on Saturday. They definately were the worst ones. I didn't see the two that are now at Cathys but one of them was the white stallion that was down when I was first there. The mare I saw down at that time is in the herd and seems to be doing much better. Some of the original 10 stagger when they walk but all are coming around with good feeding and care. I met Lisa and her 5 children and they were brushing and loving on these minis, it was wonderful. We then went to Sharon (VP Kansas Mini Horse Club) and visited with her and the group of 13 that came out on Friday. All are doing great and and responding to the love and care given by this group. The gelding with cancer is going in probably tomorrow to be operated on and we were told that it is a common cancer and depending on the severity can be fixed. Three more were taken out on Sun, one of which was the gelding with the one eye and Kristan will be keeping him. So, the worst ones are out but there are still about 20 more skinny ones that need to be out of there. Victor and has group can do nothing at this time as the Sheriff has come down on everybody associated with Rescue and is allowing only people who wish to purchase to talk to Mr Trembly at least until the 30 days is up.. Apparently quite a few more will be purchased by individuals this week. I do not know who they are.

A lot of you don't want to hear this but Mr Trembly is the bad guy, but he is also a good guy gone wrong. I don't know if it is age, lack of funds, health or whatever. We can speculate why this happened but the fact remains that it did happen and it badly needed to be fixed. It is being fixed, not in the way some of you want but plans are in the works mainly by SWER to bring Mr Trembly down to a managable level. Of course everyone has a different idea on what that may be. I would like to see him down to about 30 as there are enough healthy ones there that he will be able to care for them. Maybe not the way you or I would care them but they would be fed and watered. Their health will be monitored by several groups and if it is seen that they are not being cared for more steps will be taken. He will not be allowed to breed or increase his herd. All stallions remaining will be gelded and no outside stallion will be used. Again, if he is found to be breeding it is probable that the whole herd will be taken. It is to me, a good solution and I am happy with it. I am not happy with the time it is taking but there is absolutely nothing more that I personally can do as CMHR is NOT the lead on this SWER is and they are doing a good job.

Now, Mr Trembly. Some have cast him as the devil (I know Idid at first) he is not. What he is and this is just my opinion is a sad old man who sees his life work being taken away. This herd is the only thing keeping him alive. Yes, he did wrong by these minis but I think he is now starting to see the truth and if he is no longer constantly harrassed he will cooperate. He does love his minis, he just lost his way somehow and things got horribly out of control. He is a charmer and charms all who meets him (me included). I loved listening to his tales of his 6 in hands and his exploits. He still does his Merry-go-round and would be devastated if he could no longer do that. There is no electricity on the property and I didn't see where there ever had been. Conditions are improving for the remaining minis and trash is being cleaned up. I don't think that at this time that more can be done. We just have to wait for the 30 days and then the Sheriff, SWER and the DA will confer and see where it goes from there.

No monies from CMHR has been or will be used to support Mr Trembly or the remaining minis. It is all earmaked for the health care of the ones that have come out. Yes, CMHR has purchased several of the minis but it was done with funds that were donated especially for that reason. No other monies will be used for this. Fixing the gelding will take appx $2,000 and the vet bill for the others are starting to come in. Those of you that want to help Mr Trembly directly are certainly free to do so on your own. The longterm care of all will be expensive and CMHR will empty the treasury if necessary. There ar not a whole lot of extreme illnesses so far, just very bad teeth, feet, worms etc along with starved bodies. Some, more than others. It looks like the stronger took food from the weaker as usually is the way in a large herd not properly managed. There are 4 extremely fat and sassy mini mules there.

I erred in my original assesment of the herd. I was so shocked by the condition of the ones I saw close up, that I assumed that the ones gathered at the round bale in the field were in the same condition. They were not, they were the fat, stronger ones. So I'd say the herd was just about 50/50. The weaker 50 were very weak and the 50 fat..well!! There are a lot of older minis, some fat some very skinny, I guess it just depended on where they stood in the herd. Same for some of the younger ones, some skinny, some fat.

I sincerely want to thank all the supporters of CMHR that have sent emails to us and donations for the minis. The detractors, well, I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Please just don't try to force them on us. We are doing the very best we can for a very bad situation. Not everyone will be happy at the way it was done or the outcome. But minis have been saved and more will be, if not by CMHR then by SWER and the good people buying them. There is no way I can tell all of you what happened down there, so much was going on, just don't believe everything you hear and read and make snap judgments on something you really don't know anything about. All who came down and actually saw the herd, met Mr Trembly are the only ones "in the know" and you have seen opinions range from Mr Trembly being a saint or a devil and the herd dying or fine. THE TRUTH LIES SOMEWHERE INBETWEEN!

Ginny St Pierre, President CMHR

Thank you for the update, it is very much appreciated.

Thank you for all you have done.

First I'd like to apologize for getting to this so late when so many people are waiting. I kinda burned out when I got home yesterday.

Thanks to the national Campaign to get the word out, 26 minis are now either in Foster Homes or adoptive homes. More have been purchased directly. At last count Mr Trembly is down to 57. This is plus or minus a couple. Wendi and I went to visit the ones that were first brought out on Saturday. They definately were the worst ones. I didn't see the two that are now at Cathys but one of them was the white stallion that was down when I was first there. The mare I saw down at that time is in the herd and seems to be doing much better. Some of the original 10 stagger when they walk but all are coming around with good feeding and care. I met Lisa and her 5 children and they were brushing and loving on these minis, it was wonderful. We then went to Sharon (VP Kansas Mini Horse Club) and visited with her and the group of 13 that came out on Friday. All are doing great and and responding to the love and care given by this group. The gelding with cancer is going in probably tomorrow to be operated on and we were told that it is a common cancer and depending on the severity can be fixed. Three more were taken out on Sun, one of which was the gelding with the one eye and Kristan will be keeping him. So, the worst ones are out but there are still about 20 more skinny ones that need to be out of there. Victor and has group can do nothing at this time as the Sheriff has come down on everybody associated with Rescue and is allowing only people who wish to purchase to talk to Mr Trembly at least until the 30 days is up.. Apparently quite a few more will be purchased by individuals this week. I do not know who they are.

A lot of you don't want to hear this but Mr Trembly is the bad guy, but he is also a good guy gone wrong. I don't know if it is age, lack of funds, health or whatever. We can speculate why this happened but the fact remains that it did happen and it badly needed to be fixed. It is being fixed, not in the way some of you want but plans are in the works mainly by SWER to bring Mr Trembly down to a managable level. Of course everyone has a different idea on what that may be. I would like to see him down to about 30 as there are enough healthy ones there that he will be able to care for them. Maybe not the way you or I would care them but they would be fed and watered. Their health will be monitored by several groups and if it is seen that they are not being cared for more steps will be taken. He will not be allowed to breed or increase his herd. All stallions remaining will be gelded and no outside stallion will be used. Again, if he is found to be breeding it is probable that the whole herd will be taken. It is to me, a good solution and I am happy with it. I am not happy with the time it is taking but there is absolutely nothing more that I personally can do as CMHR is NOT the lead on this SWER is and they are doing a good job.

Now, Mr Trembly. Some have cast him as the devil (I know Idid at first) he is not. What he is and this is just my opinion is a sad old man who sees his life work being taken away. This herd is the only thing keeping him alive. Yes, he did wrong by these minis but I think he is now starting to see the truth and if he is no longer constantly harrassed he will cooperate. He does love his minis, he just lost his way somehow and things got horribly out of control. He is a charmer and charms all who meets him (me included). I loved listening to his tales of his 6 in hands and his exploits. He still does his Merry-go-round and would be devastated if he could no longer do that. There is no electricity on the property and I didn't see where there ever had been. Conditions are improving for the remaining minis and trash is being cleaned up. I don't think that at this time that more can be done. We just have to wait for the 30 days and then the Sheriff, SWER and the DA will confer and see where it goes from there.

No monies from CMHR has been or will be used to support Mr Trembly or the remaining minis. It is all earmaked for the health care of the ones that have come out. Yes, CMHR has purchased several of the minis but it was done with funds that were donated especially for that reason. No other monies will be used for this. Fixing the gelding will take appx $2,000 and the vet bill for the others are starting to come in. Those of you that want to help Mr Trembly directly are certainly free to do so on your own. The longterm care of all will be expensive and CMHR will empty the treasury if necessary. There ar not a whole lot of extreme illnesses so far, just very bad teeth, feet, worms etc along with starved bodies. Some, more than others. It looks like the stronger took food from the weaker as usually is the way in a large herd not properly managed. There are 4 extremely fat and sassy mini mules there.

I erred in my original assesment of the herd. I was so shocked by the condition of the ones I saw close up, that I assumed that the ones gathered at the round bale in the field were in the same condition. They were not, they were the fat, stronger ones. So I'd say the herd was just about 50/50. The weaker 50 were very weak and the 50 fat..well!! There are a lot of older minis, some fat some very skinny, I guess it just depended on where they stood in the herd. Same for some of the younger ones, some skinny, some fat.

I sincerely want to thank all the supporters of CMHR that have sent emails to us and donations for the minis. The detractors, well, I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Please just don't try to force them on us. We are doing the very best we can for a very bad situation. Not everyone will be happy at the way it was done or the outcome. But minis have been saved and more will be, if not by CMHR then by SWER and the good people buying them. There is no way I can tell all of you what happened down there, so much was going on, just don't believe everything you hear and read and make snap judgments on something you really don't know anything about. All who came down and actually saw the herd, met Mr Trembly are the only ones "in the know" and you have seen opinions range from Mr Trembly being a saint or a devil and the herd dying or fine. THE TRUTH LIES SOMEWHERE INBETWEEN!

Ginny St Pierre, President CMHR
:aktion033: ALL I CAN SAY IS "WELL SAID"
default_wub.png
: JUDY FROM WILLOW ROC

Ginny,

I want to thank you with my whole heart for everything you and CMHR have done on behalf of these minis!!! :aktion033:

Ginny I have nothing but respect for you and CMHR. .

I remember when Chance was rescued for that short period of time before he had to be put down- I remember how some thought his owner was loving others felt NOT- I know where I stood then on that subject and where I will continue to stand on that subject.

The bottom line is the horse was saved from living in the horrible pain he was in.

I trust your judgement on what you saw, did and what needed to and needs to be done. Bottom line horses were saved- I am PROUD of the fact that so many were re-homed thanks to the work of the rescues- as unconventional as it sometimes had to get- these things happen not only in animal neglect cases but in child neglect /abuse cases to. Sometimes it does come down to being tunnel visioned for a short while to get any results. Then being willing/able to step back and take in more of the picture and work from there.

I know this was draining for you and the CMHR BOD as well as other rescues.

Thanks for everything you do it is very easy to sit here and play armchair quarterback in these situations it is a whole other thing to be on the front lines putting your own life aside for days at a time to get something done

so I personally thank ALL involved and the Kansas Miniature Horse club as well for stepping up the plate and everyone else

GOOD JOB- just remember.. one little horse at a time!

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Kudos to you Ginny for the great job you have done and continue to do!! We appreciate the update and I know the minis appreciate all you and CMHR have done for them :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Thank you for your report...it is good to hear there weren't as many horses as original posted that were there on Tremblys place. I am also glad to hear he is still selling some because that will make him feel better and give the minis a chance at new homes also. Will CMHR be paying for all the stallions to be gelded and their medical, even the ones taken by the other rescue? Thanks again, mary

Thanks so much for the update Ginny! I am so very happy to hear things are moving along so well with getting minis into new homes, whether they be foster/rescue homes or through direct sales. Either way, they are being helped, and in turn, Mr. Trembly is being helped also, by having less to care for. Thank you to all the people involved in achieving this! :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for this encouraging update. It has been a long haul for you and the other members of CHMR. I appreciate all that you(collectively) have done for these minis. Job well done. :aktion033: :aktion033:

Buckskin Gal in answer to your question about gelding the stallions, no CMHR as of this time will not be paying for the gelding. That is up to SWER and the Bourbon County officials. All the minis taken out by CMHR and SWER are bing cared for by CMHR. Thank you for the kind words.

Ginny

I feel bad you felt you needed to apologize! I would still be in never never land.

What is SWER?

And just thank you to all of you involved.

You did what needed doing.

I just have so much respect for all of you. reminds me of the energizier bunny who kept going and going...

Bless all of you.

Bonnie

Thank you Ginny, CMHR, SWER and EVERYONE who physically went there to help and / or donated money to the cause. :aktion033: You all are angels!
default_wub.png
:

Gini. Thanks to you and all the volunteers who helped in this rescue.I know it can be very stressful.From my own experience taking back just 2 half starved Mini mares, it is very draining emotionally.We want so very much for all Minis to be cared for, well fed and healthy and loved and when it doesn't happen it hits us in the pits of our stomach and soul.Again, thanks for all you did.I am sure many times it is a thankless job.I wish I could have done more than I did.

I third it!! ALL the folks who even had a tiny bit in this from emailing and calling to actually being able to GO there and see first hand, THANK YOU!!!! So about half of them are out of there and getting good care now.

Well, with the sale of more, he can put that money back for feed or what ever he may need with the ones he will keep. I wonder if he can get someone to donate a one time farrier care for them, or a half price on teeth floating or something so he can get that done on the ones remaining with him?

I am sure that Mr. Trembly has been proud of his herd over the years and does not want to be remembered in this manner of his 'life's work'!! I hope that he remembers in the future, if he needs help to just ask- there are so many with huge hearts that I am sure could assist in some way if need be.

Thank you so much Ginny for your valuable time and efforts and again, all the other folks involved- a heartfelt thank you seems so insignificant. Hugs to you all- you did a wonderful job in a tough and sensitive situation!!
default_wub.png
:

Thank you a million times over for everything that you and the rest of CMHR did. You all are heroes!

Jenny your comment about the additional horses who have been and will continue to be purchased has me doing the happy dance. That's absolutely wonderful news!!!

Thank you very much for your update and thoughts. I just knew there had to be some good news there somewhere. As far as his remaining stallions is concerned, whoever gets that little one in the pen by himself, will get a real beauty.

Many thanks to all the members of all the rescues and clubs who have helped get the 20 something to a better life.

Latest posts

Back