UPDATE on Kansas Minis UPDATE****************

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMH What is happening?????
I just got a call from the Governor's office. She said they got a call from Senator Roberts office after they called me.

I told them everything I could think of....about the obvious starvation and their emaciated condition, trash and junk, the 2 horses who had lost an eye, the 2 blind horses, the maggot infested sheath that it took over an hour to clean, our concern about them surviving the winter, the fact that the worst ones had been surrendered and that some of us were there on Friday purchasing them (simply taking the ones Vern was willing to let us take) for the sole purpose of saving their lives, how I drove there from out of state because of my concern for them.

And they want pictures...for the file. She said the youtube video is already part of the file. I mentioned the Fox 4 newscast on Friday and she read it while we were talking.

She assured me (same as Sen Roberts) that they were monitoring the situation. She said the Humane Society (?) had a vet out there on Thursday and something else that was close but not quite what we've been told (darn it, can't remember what it was).

Is anybody else getting calls???????

WOW....... now that is IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

I have to believe it is a result of everything everyone has done.

They have been soooooo flooded with requests from thousands.

(Maybe you were the contact of the moment....
default_smile.png
)

But whatever it is..... How WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginny, thank you so much for the update. There aren't enough thanks in the world for what you and all the others did for those minis, so here is a thank you as large as the universe.
default_wub.png
: Thank you to all at CMHR, SWER, KMHC, the people on these boards, and all the anonymous people who contributed to the effort.

Even though I've been involved in many rescues, never one that large! I can only imagine what challenges you faced. I'm with the others: no need for any apologies!! We all do the best we can with what we know. I say you were awesome and no doubt saved the lives of many miniature horses.

AppyLover2, that is amazing! :aktion033: So glad to hear of the followup. I know that you speak for all of us, so please keep us posted on progress with the state officials.

It's been a long journey that's not over yet, but I remain optimistic that everyone will stay on the case. I hope that many who adopted/purchased those minis will update us on their happy outcomes. I just might have to make a pitstop in Bourbon County soon; I know I have some long lost relatives in Kansas.

Now, I think I'll go shopping...at the auction!!
default_yes.gif
:

I will try to acclimate myself from the photos when I go back this Sunday for thise interested in certain horses and their availability and whereabouts. I have a hay donation for the herd and hope to pick up a little gelding I asked Vern to save back for me. Ginny stated: YOU'RE ALREADY HOOKED. 10-4, good buddy!!
:new_shocked: hey tried the email you gave me . Didn't go thru-about the feed contact me...Judy
default_wacko.png
:

I dont know if anyone is choosing to "give" him money but I do know that many helped him financially when they purchased his horses

Many on another board are helping him and bashing CMHR, even though Mary Lou asked the moderator on that board to calm down some of their members but it's unfortunate because the moderator on that board is pointing fingers as well. I think some of those members did go to Trembly's and are helping him and if that is what they wish to do then I applaud them. For me I found it hard to read that board because it is obvious they were not there when the first horses were removed so for them they don't understand, they think the horses were just fine
default_wacko.png
: Without divulging anything here Mr. T got the vet report, he knows what his horses scored on the 1-10 scale and things weren't fine. Some people still choose to not see what was there and that is fine, they are certainly entitled to their opinion but I tend to take the word of the state vet. I do hope with all my heart that the ones he has remaining in his care he can afford to look after properly. We don't need a repeat that's for sure!

Now I am just praying I can find the "mystery horse", I JUST HAVE TO. Someone pmd me and said if I do find him, I should call him "Ghost" :bgrin By the pictures he looks to be in need and older, rather than younger. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed because I would truly like to give him a forever home with the rest of my furbabies here but "BOO" also needs a home"... :bgrin

Danielle, I think you need to call him Mystery, since you have been already calling him your "Mystery Man"!
default_yes.gif
:

Check your aol email Danielle.

Mona, I am glad you sent me that email. Made me go back when answering you and I realized my GRAVE mistake and I need to ask that forum's moderator her forgiveness for my stupidity. She was NOT the individual, it's was someone else who had copied her message and made a comment . So this person and since I did not mention here what board or who, I will leave at that and will now shut my mouth.
default_shutup.gif
: . I need to step back from this entire thing, I get too sensitive I guess and passionate when I need to count to 10. I am my own worse enemy. If other members from different boards see things differently than what we know as facts, then so be it.

Now, I need to find "MYSTERY MAN" and that is the only thing I will concentrate or say anymore about this entire situation

Gini. Thanks to you and all the volunteers who helped in this rescue.I know it can be very stressful.From my own experience taking back just 2 half starved Mini mares, it is very draining emotionally.We want so very much for all Minis to be cared for, well fed and healthy and loved and when it doesn't happen it hits us in the pits of our stomach and soul.Again, thanks for all you did.I am sure many times it is a thankless job.I wish I could have done more than I did.

WELL-SAID!

Thank you, Ginny, and everyone else who pitched in to help the minis and Mr. Trembly.

Faith

I have a question.A while back some people were talking about getting together to help clean the junk at Tremblys farm.Is that still in the works? Some people on another board were talking about heading down there for a clean up day and I mentioned that some folks were planning that here too.Someone wanted info about who to contact to help with clean up.

Latest posts

Back