Update on Jill

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing the news with us. I came to the Back Porch specifically hoping to find information about how Jill is doing.

I hope you have a quick recovery, Jill!

[SIZE=12pt]Great News
default_aktion033.gif
and I hope you have a speedy recovery Jill
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

HUGS and Blessings,

Jenny and Mel

Thanks for the update...sending prayers Jill for a speedy recovery! So glad everything went well and they were able to do the surgery with the scope (I'm assuming since she is coming home today) and it looks benign, what wonderfull news. Sending hugs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea! That is Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you are so relieved and happy to have that over with.

Just think,, now you can hang out with your horses for a bit...

I am just so glad you are ok
default_smile.png

~Sandy <3

WOO HOO!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
Thats wonderful news! We miss you and hope you continue on your road to recovery with ease!!!!!

Leya

So glad to hear you came thru well Jill. Cant wait to see you yourself typing again.

Thats wonderful news, thanks for letting us know. GET WELL SOON, Jill!
default_biggrin.png

Sending healing thoughts to you Jill! My sister had this surgery and I know the chest tube was the most painful part. Just an fyi we got her a really thick mattress top to put on top of her mattress to cushion her when she came home after surgery. Her surgeon recommended it and it was a life saver for her as her side was so sore

Kay

Glad to hear all went well!! I hope we have the best news in 3 weeks that it is indeed benign! Praying Jill heals quickly, gets that nasty old chest tube out quickly and can breathe better and easier soon!
default_pray.gif
:pray

Thank you so much, Kim, for posting and everyone else for the nice thoughts.

I am home now and doing pretty good.

This morning was really, really bad though. They gave me an oral pain killer (doraset (sp)) but it made me feel really sick to my stomach and then they took the epidural (which blocked some of the pain, but not my ability to move) our about an hour later. There were a few hours where the epidural wasn't blocking the chest tube pain at all and it just defies description about how much it hurt. I was crying and begging the nurses to get the doctor in to take out the tubes and calling H every 5 minutes to see where he was on his way to the hospital.

After the two tubes came out (at the same time), it still hurts a lot but is in the realm of possible to deal with, especially with the medicine they gave me that I can tolerate (oxycodone -- not as strong as doraset but doesn't make me sick). Just does make me really, really tired though so I think starting tomorrow morning, I will try just one of those (vs. two) and Tylenol every 4 hours. Would be the same amount of Tylenol but 1/2 the narcotic.

In the morning, will call the surgeon's office about seeing him either this Wednesday or Friday. He should have prelim results on the tumor by then. He is hoping it was a carcinoid (sp) which sounds bad but as I understand it, is a slow growing tumor that ranges from benign to malignant. The initial biopsy was not malignant, however, the Pulmonologist felt she had not gotten a big enough sample and that it really was.

The PET / CT Fusion scan I had done though showed it was not anywhere else in my body so no matter what it comes back as, this surgery did get it all out. They took the upper left lobe but not the entire lung and didn't have to do a "sleeve" to the lower lobe. Because of the tumor's location and the collapse of the lung around it, it was reducing my total lung function to 65% (because of the location, not because 35% of my lung was this tumor / collapse), so in time, I really should feel a whole lot better.

I wish they did this laparoscopically (sp) but they didn't. I have 17 staples and 4 stitches, and a patch where the chest tubes were. The surgeon will take the patch off on Wednesday if I get to see him then, and if not then H will. It is hard because until the patch comes off, I cannot get it wet so to take a shower, H have to tape this plastic wrap over it and basically help me take the shower.

For now, I'm supposed to walk a few minutes every hour that I'm awake and do these breathing exercises on my own and with these two devices they sent home with me. I think I use the devices 1wk, then throw them away. Right now, I am not able to breath in nearly as deeply as I should (one device measures that) but that should get better each time.

At this moment, I feel pretty good in terms of pain (30 minutes ago took 2 oxycodone) but just so sleepy. I only ate like 2 saltines, a handful of grapes and an egg the whole time at the hospital and slept maybe 5 hours. So that plus the oxycodone and I am one sleepy girl!!!

Jill

Jill-

So glad to hear you're home and the pain is being controlled to some degree. At this point if you're sleepy, sleep. That will help your body heal. Hoping for good final pathology reports. Just take care of yourself and as you feel better, don't over do it.

Barbie

Glad to see you posting Jill!! Sending lots of good wishes for a quick recovery your way!

Gosh, Jill - what an ordeal!! Glad that it is over and you are back home - it won't be long and you will feel LOTS better - rest a lot and sleep as much as you can!

Lots of HUGS and PRAYERS for a speedy recovery!!

Jill I am so happy to hear you are home and on the mend
default_smile.png
Prayers will continue your way until you are completely recovered and out playing with your horses again. Try to get some rest. Joyce

Jill...so glad you're up and around and back home. You'll be needing a lot of TLC and plenty of rest. Thinking good thoughts for you and so that you will be feeling normal very soon.

Latest posts

Back