Update on hubby & me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvponies

Reaction score
Well....Things have dramatically changed around here. Allen was going to stay til spring to help get repairs done around here and to save money to rent his own place. We were cordial to each other, but he slept in his room and I slept in my older daughter's room. Pretty much like ships passing in the night. He pretty much came & went as he pleased and I never knew what he was doing or what he was up to. He told me on Valentine's night that he was "stressed" and needed to go away for the weekend to a buddy's hunting cabin to "seriously think". He said he was leaving on Saturday, but Friday night he came home and said he was leaving that night. Didn't take much with him. I asked him, since he was going to a rustic hunting cabin, if he wanted to take some food, toiletries, sleeping bag, etc. He did take a sleeping bag, but nothing else. He ran out of here Friday night like a cat with it's tail on fire and didn't even say goodbye. Said he didn't know if he would have cell phone coverage while gone as the place was up in the mountains, but said he would try to call me Saturday morning. Never got a call. Saturday morning after taking care of the horses, I took a peek in his locked work truck to see what I could see. Saw a pink envelope on the seat of the truck, but couldn't make out what it said from either side window. I climbed up on the hood of the truck (I did, I really did!!) and looked through the front windshield and could see the envelope. On it was written in a woman's handwriting, "to my one true love"!!! Oh....wasn't MY handwriting!! So....finally had the proof I needed that he was involved with another woman!!! Since Allen has been here, he has sworn & promised that he would not get involved with another woman while living here. Said "I would never do that to you, Kim". I believed him as he's never lied to me before and has always been trustworthy. Well.....he lied!!! Guess he lied numerous times about where he was going and what he was doing!!! Anyway...tried texting and calling him and his phone was turned off. Gathered up his guns, deer heads, clothes, etc and put them out on the front porch. Texted him to tell him that I had thrown everything out into the front yard. When he didn't run right home to get his hunting rifles out of the yard, I knew he wasn't getting the messages because he loves those guns more then anything!! Didn't hear from him until Sunday night. He was scared to come home and called me from the front of the subdivision instead of coming straight home. Tried to deny that he had another woman. Finally came home and the scene began!!! Oh...one other thing that happened....Saturday I looked at my online checking account and while Allen had been depositing money into the account, he had withdrawn so much that his total contributions to the bills and household expenses for a month was $87.33!!! That won't go too far with our bills!!! On Saturday, I called the bank and cancelled his ATM card. Once he got home, Allen admitted to the affair with the other woman. Said they had started talking a couple of months ago, but I guess didn't "get together" until after he told me it was over. He wasn't at a buddy's hunting cabin all weekend, he was in a motel with this woman. Said the two of them have a connection and he's never met anyone like her. Said they are "in love"!! OH.......the woman is living with a boyfriend!!! After lots of "talking", I made Allen sign a document I had typed up giving me the house, agreeing to child support and his truck payment/insurance. Gave him a written schedule of when the various payments are due to me. Allen said that the affair "just happened" and he wasn't looking for anyone else. I told him that things "just happen" to immature teenagers, but things don't "just happen" to middle aged men. They make a conscious choice to do or not do something. He made the wrong choice. It really burns me up that I told him that he could stay here until he had the money together to rent his own place. While he was eating our groceries, using our electricity, getting his clothes washed, etc....he was carrying on with someone else. All the time, living in our house, sleeping in our bed and using my money to support his relationship with her. I was trying to be really good to him as he had been good to us through the years and he screwed it up. He had told me that he would never get involved with another woman while living here with me. That was one of many lies he told me!!! I KICKED HIS BUTT OUT!!! He actually had the nerve to ask me if he really had to leave that night and tell me that he had nowhere to go. Not my problem, buddy!!!

The girls are both really angry with Allen and his actions truly disgust them. I don't know if they will ever be able to repair their relationship with their father. He's truly acting like an immature teenager and not taking into account his responsibilities and commitments here. He had his cell phone turned off all weekend while he was with that woman. What if there had been an emergency with me or one of the girls? Bethany asked me what if something had happened to me and she was here all alone with no one to call? Regardless of his "new love" he is still a father and has responsibilities to his girls. I told him that I hope his brain gets straightened out and back on the right track at some point. He thinks his brain is working "just fine" thank you very much. He took so much money out of the checking account in the last month buying phone cards to talk to the woman and to have money to be with her that his sum total of deposits to our home expenses and bills was $87.33!!! Well, his truck payment of $488.00 is due to come out of the account and be paid this Friday. Don't think $87.33 will go too far towards that!!! No, I really don't believe he's thinking right. He's like a teenager all caught up in a first love.

Allen told me during a discussion we had since he told me that he was leaving that he never wanted to be married and have children. He said that he planned all along to leave once the girls were grown. He has been unhappy & miserable since the very beginning of our relationship 19 years ago!!! I told him that it was his own fault that he was unhappy. He made up his mind to be and never opened himself up to the joys and happiness that was all around him. He was a good man to us, but rarely participated in any family events or his children's lives. Both girls feel that he resented them from the beginning and that's why he never showed them any love. He closed himself off from them & me.

You know what's really weird? I am more hurt by my illusions of who I believed Allen to be being popped like a balloon then the affair. After 19 years together, I totally and completely believed that he was a good man, an honest man, a man with intregrity. I trusted him more then anyone else I had ever known in my life. He has never, ever hurt me before all this. I felt safe with him and at peace for the first time in my life. I really expected to be devastated by knowing he was with another woman, but for some weird reason, that really doesn't bother me or maybe I'm numb and in denial and it will hit me at some point? I don't know, it's weird!! I told Allen Sunday night that I no longer believed all these things about him and he wasn't a good man afterall. He said he was still a good man, just a good man who had made a mistake.

I do still care deeply for Allen and hopes he finds the happiness he seeks. I also hope at some point in time that he realizes everything he's thrown away and feels deep regret for that. He had it all, but still wasn't happy. Now he will have nothing, but claims this woman will make him happy. She's currently living with a boyfriend and he hasn't been told yet. So...2 relationships are being broken up as a result of their "love". Allen said that affairs and breaking up marriages happens all the time. I told him that doesn't make it right and I never, ever thought that he would do something like that to me. He has never purposely hurt me before. Wonder what will happen when the thrill of sneaking around to meet this woman wears off? How can he even feel "true love" for her when they've known each other such a short time? They barely know each other at all. It really seems more like infatuation, lust or puppy love to me. I did ask him if he was going to take her by to meet his parents and he said no. Also asked if they were going to move in with each other and he said he's not ready for that. I think the bloom will eventually fall of the rose and believe at some point, Allen will realize what's his done to his family and hopefully feel truly mortified and be filled with regret. Or....maybe "true love" does just happen that quickly sometimes and they will be together forever. Just don't know!!

It is actually a relief that he's gone. It was stressful with him living here....never knowing where he was, when he'd be home, who he was with. So...now we move on, try to heal and get on with our new reality. He left with what was left of his last Friday's paycheck in his pocket....no he never deposited any of it as he needed it for his weekend.
default_no.gif
His ATM card was cancelled and he gave me back the check books he had in his trucks. I opened a new checking account in just my name and moved the bulk of the money into it. He has nothing!!! He hasn't taken anything of his from the house, not even the clothes I so nicely bagged up and put on the front porch for him. Told him that when he wants to get his things, that he will have to call to make arrangements to get into the house while we're here. Need to get the locks changed, but haven't done that yet. Hope I've thought of everything. It's weird without him being here, but I guess we will get used to it in time. Still have the habit of looking out my window for his truck lights coming in the driveway, but I guess I'll get over that too.

Meanwhile.....my younger daughter and I did join the gym and have been going to step aerobics classes, spin cycling classes and using the treadmills. I have lost 16 pounds so far. Only 4 pounds away from losing 20 pounds!!! I'm so excited!!

I think we'll be ok in time!!! I really already feel better as the other shoe has dropped with knowing about the affair and him leaving and I didn't fall apart. I think all the lead in time from when he told me he was leaving at the beginning of January to him actually leaving on 2/17 gave me a chance to get stronger and adapt.

If you've made it this far reading my "book"....thank you! Thank you all for being there for me and supporting me through all this.
default_wub.png

*Edited to fix some formatting errors.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Kim, I've been following the whole saga with Allen since your earlier posting, and I'm so sorry he has gone and done this. I don't know what to say and I'm sure others will have better words of wisdom, but I do know that a relationship like he is starting with the other woman, where they are both lying and hiding and cheating, can't turn out well for them because of what it is based on! How can they ever really trust each other when they know what they have each done in order to be together? Yes, Allen is going to regret this big time someday when the infatuation wears off. I am so glad you are taking care of yourself, for you and your girls. Stay strong and know we are all here for you.

Kim --

My thoughts are with you and so many of the things you tell us you're feeling, and the things you're doing, I can just empathize very much and see myself doing the same in a similar situation.

I sincerely think Allen will regret what he's done, and that his relationship with this _______ will not be long lived. She may not even really be willing to leave her boy friend, but either way... I don't figure she's much of a class act.

Hugs to you,

Jill

Not even going to address Allen. He is dispicable....nuff said.

It is great that you are working out and even greater that it is with your daughter. I'm glad to hear the positive....that you are stronger and adapting to your new life with your kids. You go girl!

I do wish you the best and know that this a difficult time for you. "Hugs" But I know in my heart you and your daughters will be ok. Life will go on. Wishing you and your daughters happiness in not only the simple things but the great big fun things too!

I am sorry I missed the first of this Kim... But you are a brave woman and did what you need to do for you and your girls. It is sad when they can't even give you the dignity of the truth. I am sorry. You will be better than ever after this though.

Pretty much this exact scenario played out with a good friend of mine last year, only they had been married 35 years (and dated since they were 12). It's a tough road to hoe but she is better off now without him, and has found her inner strength. Sounds like you have done that already - you will be fine at the end of the day, and he will have lost something irreplaceable.

Jan

Kim I've been there and know how totally devistating it can be. I found that the not knowing was the worst part.....once you know the truth you can do what needs to be done and get on with your life. It won't be easy but you're obviously a strong lady; you and your daughters can handle it. Remember.....today is the first day of the rest of your life.

default_no.gif
I am glad that you found out the truth and kicked him out. He WILL regret it for sure and his sweetie is using him up and will spit him out after she is thru...or she would have been with him by now...Good Luck and I know you CAN move on!

Kim.

I am so sorry for all you are going through, but so GALD that you have a backbone and kicked him out!!

I doubt that his relationship with this girl will amount to anything. How could either of therm ever trust the other since they were both cheating on someone.

I would certainly not pay any of his bills, like his truck. But you need to make sure that anything in your name gets paid, so that your own credit is not distroyed. Hopefully the truck loan is only in his name.

I would also hire a lawyer to file before he does.

Sounds like you are geting on with your life and doing things with the girls. YOU GO GIRL!! The best revenge on a cheating husband is to go on with your life like you do not need him, and icontinue to improve yourself and your life!!

So sorry this has happened to you. The same thing happened in my family when I was 17. My dad was "shagging" someone at the office. It took a long time for us to get over it; my mom has never really gotten over the betrayal -17 years later!-. Sounds like you're a strong woman though. I'm sure you'll be just fine. Hang in there.

Matt

Here are my couple of suggestions from my own experiences. Please take them for what ever they are worth to you. Make sure you cancel all credit cards. If you have any loans together you have to get that legally taken care of to put in one or the others name. And, file for divorce oe legal seperation immediately. If he were to take out a loan or credit card you could be held liable for anything he does unless you are divorced or legally seperated. Oh, don't forget any vehicles you might have as well. What about teh horses, are they in your name or both? You don't have to go to a lawyer to get divorced. You can go to a paralegal to have the papers typed up or you can do it by yourself but it is very techincal. Also, if you guys have a will together, you need to make sure you change all of that over too.

Ok, so on a more personal note. I am so very sorry you and your girls are having to go through his mid-life crisis. He may never come around and may never feel the sorrow he should feel, but, you will always know he is the one that lost out. On his beautiful daughters lives and on spending his life with someone so devoted to him.

You did a good thing kicking his rear to the curb like you did. He needed that wake up call. Hang in there!!

I'm so sorry that it came to that. Before, at least you had an image of a descent man and father...as you found out, it's just an image. I wouldn't buy for a second that he wasn't "with" this woman until after he told you he wanted out of the marriage, not that it really matters at this point or not. But to be on the safe side...I'd have some tests if I were you...if you know what I mean. My sister's cheating ex was nice enough to leave her with something nasty!

You will be fine..I can tell you are very strong and you will get through this. I'm glad you took the approach you did and taking care of you and your daughters by making him sign that paper. I wish you the best of luck and sending lots of prayers and hugs for your strength.

My goodness you are quite a trooper! With guts and courage all over the place, not to mention class. You are amazing.

I do think this is one of those middle age menapausal things that guys go through when they think they are getting old and feel doomed. Betcha she is younger too. I also don't think this is going to last much longer and when he starts itching, he'll figure it out.

Just for the heck of it, I'd have to pay her a visit and clean her clock anyhow..........
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

So sorry you're going through this.

In response to Marty's post about giving the other woman heck, I would keep in mind that if your husband was lying to YOU it's very likely that he is lying to her, as well. She may not know he is married, or perhaps he told her you're getting or already are separated. Just a thought... I do agree with Sonya on getting tested.

Kim, I am so very sorry for all Allen has put you and the girls through. I fear this is only the beginning of a rough ride...I hope NOT, but be prepared. As my sister learned from experience....basically the same as what happened here with you, only her ex was not "honest" and "nice" all those years(21), he too agreed to support, alimony etc., and then he gave NOTHING. He is now a true deadbeat, that has contibuted next to nothing to the raising of his children. My sister maxed out credit cards trying to stay afloat to pay mortgage payment, pay household bills and provide heat and groceries...as a result, SHE had to claim bankruptcy, they lost their home, and she had to take him to court (at MORE expense to her, all because HE screwed around and ended things, and made promises not kept!) to get awarded a support judement, which he never paid anyway. The province took away his drivers licence for not paying his child support, and of course, everything bad happening to him because of it is my sister's fault.

Anyway, what I am saying, is I feel so bad for you, and I hope and pray things go well for you and your daughters, but please don;t count on him keeping his word...my sister also had it in writing, but in the end, when it went to court, it meant nothing.
default_no.gif

(((((HUGS))))) to you, I wish you and your girls the best that life has to offer in your future!

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Stay strong, get a good attorney! I'm glad your girls are supportive of you but remember he's still their father so try not to "poison" their minds towards him. You don't have to say nice things about him, but try not to say negative things in front of them. I'm with Mona.....unfortunately I don't think this is going to be as smooth an ending as you'd like. Be prepared, make sure you do the legal seperation including getting your finances seperated or you might end up getting sc#$%ed! Good luck, lots of hugs!

I was wondering how things were going?

Apparently not good!

Sorry he ruined your image of him. It was at least tolerable when you thought he just wanted out but to find out he lied to you about another woman is horrible! And spending YOUR money on HER!!

I think I would have cut off any protruding parts from his body! Or shoot them off with his prized gun!!

Then he couldnt use them with someone else!!

Do get things done quickly so he cant get anymore of your money or ruin your credit.

You should change banks, seperate from where he banks.

My friend was getting a divorce and her husband had a big truck loan at the same bank as her, well they took the money out of HER account (not with him) when he didnt make his payment! She told them she wasnt married to him anymore but her name was on that truck so they took HER money to pay his bill!! Incredible!!

So get your name taken off all his stuff because if he doesnt pay it will hurt your credit too... Sounds like he doesnt have any money so might not pay his bills on time..

Change those locks, unless you are home 24/7 he can still come in and take whatever he wants..

In these situations people do things you wouldnt think they would EVER do to you!

Keep your head up. I think you will be just fine, you are a strong woman and independent and you dont need him. Your daughters and yours relationship will be strong from coping together..

Good Luck and know we are here for you when you need a pick me up..
default_wub.png

I didn't have time to respond to this when I first read it this morning (thanks to my mule, the whole NEIGHborhood knows when it's feeding time!) Probably a good thing - what I was thinking wasn't printable!

I'm reminded of a line from a character in a movie, something about "the nice thing about not having balls is not having to think with them all the time." I've had time to cool off a bit, and it strikes me now as almost funny. Not that I'm laughing at you, love - don't think that for a minute! What I mean is, we women get stuck with the "romantic" label all the time, if you ask me, men can be just as bad about the starry-eyed hogwash. Here he is, rattling on about "freedom" and "love," and you're thinking about car payments! Nothing quite like dollars and sense to get in the way of romance, eh?

Mentioning which, do you really think his little piece of squeeze is going to stick around? I think she'll be a whole lot less interested if her sugar daddy's cash dries up. I wonder how many other men she's "doing?"

Seriously, though, I'm sorry that it's come to this. Disillusionment hurts almost as much as the betrayal. You were quite right to show him the door, in my mind, it was about seven weeks past due! If he'd told me he'd always meant to leave after the kids were gone, I'd have let him have it right then! I'm not talking my fire-breathing Irish, I mean the ice-cold, implacable Dutch. My home is a haven for my family. If he feels that way, he ain't family! I couldn't imagine having him around, knowing he felt that way. I'd have told him never mind the repairs, I can pay someone else to do them. In the long run, it'd be cheaper, not having to put up with the emotional wear-and-tear of putting up with him! If he can't see that he's been using you for the last few weeks, well, he isn't even a little bit of a "good man." Even my husband says he's a jerk!

Having him around would have been like a cancer, eating away at my soul. Anger and hurt just stifle me. I can "work" when I'm mad, but I can't "create," if you follow me. This step is like surgery, painful, but neccessary. Now the healing can begin.

As always, keeping all of you in my prayers. ((((HUGS))))

Ok...I'm getting scared here!!! At one point in time, I probably would have said....no, no, no....Allen would never go back on his promises and commitments. He agreed to certain things, i.e. the house, child support, etc and I believe he will honor those commitments. Well he's broken his word to me in a very serious way and I am concerned that he won't keep his word about the other things, regardless of the paper he signed. In WV, no separation is required when you divorce. I am going to the courthouse on Thursday and buying a "divorce kit". You purchase this paperwork for an uncontested divorce for $25.00. We sit down and write out everything we agree to in the divorce....bills, child support, the house, etc. It takes 2 weeks for the divorce to be finalized and costs a total of $125.00. Allen and I will sit down and go through it all and we'll see if he still agrees to everything he has commited to. Once he signs it agreeing to everything we go in front of a judge and it becomes legal and we are divorced. I am scared he'll go back on his word. As I told him Sunday night, he lied about not getting involved with a woman while living here, so how can I trust him when he says he won't fight me for this property?? He of course, said that he would never take the house from me or force me to sell it and split the proceeds. I told him that I would give him 1/2 the proceeds from it's sale when I decided to sell it, but he said he didn't want that either. But.....until it's legal.....

I too don't feel the relationship with the other woman will last when she realizes he is homeless and penniless. It seems like Allen has given his entire heart to this woman in a very short time frame. He is a ripe candidate for having his heart yanked from his chest and stomped on. I feel it will happen at some point and only wish I could be there to see it!!
default_yes.gif
I would pay BIG money to witness that!!!

The truck payment worries me. The loan is in both our names. We just got the truck last summer, so not much has been paid on it so far. I recommended he take it back to Carmax where they'll buy your car even if you don't buy one of theirs. He told me that he would give me the payment due this Friday when he gets paid, but at that point he'll have had an entire week to think on it and could stiff me on that. I told him that we'll have to make this month's payment, but if he could get it sold before the next one was due at the end of March, then he wouldn't have to pay that any more. Guess I have to wait til Friday and see what happens. I am sincerely hoping & praying that the good man I respected all these years is still in there somewhere and he'll do right by me, but know that he may be gone to me. We have no credit cards, so don't have to worry about them. He can't get any money out of the bank account and I did open up an account in only my name and transferred all but enough to cover outstanding checks out of our joint account. The horses are all in my name. I make double what Allen makes. A friend of mine said he could ask for alimony from me. If he should do that, there is probably no way I could afford to keep this property. It's a really bad time to sell houses with the housing market being what it is, so know we wouldn't get what the property is worth if we sold it now. In order to do anything, Allen would have to have money to hire an attorney. Unless he borrows money from someone, don't know where he's going to get the money. I don't think his family will lend it to him, but he has borrowed from his boss before.

UGGGGGGG!!!! I just want this to be over!!! I'll get the divorce kit Thursday and then see if he'll come over this weekend to fill it out. I'm hoping he has enough guilt over what he's done to me and his daughters to be willing to fulfill these final commitments he made, but we'll see.

Oh......he hasn't told me anything at all about the other woman. Don't know who she is or where she lives so can't go clean her clock as much as I'd like to. As someone said, he could be lying to her too. She may not know he's still married with children. Bethany, my 15 year old, is convinced it's someone we know. No reason at all to think that, but she keeps bringing it up. I did ask Allen Sunday night if we knew her and he said no, but who knows what is the truth anymore?? His mind has totally turned to mush over this woman and at this point it seems like she is more important to him then his family is. It really makes me sick, but he'll get his one day. Every dog has his day. I may not be there to see it, but have all the faith in the world that it will happen. Karma....what goes around, comes around!!!
default_yes.gif

*Edited to add:

BTW.....I just got an email from Allen's mother. I had emailed her & his 3 sisters Sunday night to tell them what was going on and to give them Allen's cell phone # in case they needed to get in touch with him. His mom after hearing what he's done told me that "she doesn't blame me for putting him out"!!! Hopefully, if he decides to be a butt head, his mom will get after him!!

Latest posts

Back