Update on filly's color--- what is it?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
So what color is this again? Do you guys still think this is grulla? Mom is a buckskin. Dad is a grey.

Faith may turn grey...haven't decided yet if she's greying around her eyes yet or not, but I'm expecting it. (ignore the grey factor if you can for right now)

faith07_22sm.jpg
faithHead07_22.jpg

[SIZE=8pt]p.s. the tip of her front foot is under the sand a little. Farrier just did her yesterday and she looks great.[/SIZE]

This was her face when she was born. The golden color was not as visible then.

faithface1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmmmmmmm......she looks like she's carrying some sort of "dilute" to me...either smutty buckskin, or smokey black. Do you know what the sire's color was before he grayed out?

The only way this foal could be a grullo is if the dam was a dun rather than a buckskin, or possibly a dunskin. If the stallion has red freckles, he is not black based, meaning the foal would have had to get the black from the dam. The dun gene would also have to come in somewhere and if the dam was a black based dun, she would be a grullo. So, grullo is unlikely. Maybe a sooty buckskin or smokey black??? Hard to tell.

She is by Anzara right? Being that he's a flea bitten grey, she very well could grey out. She's very pretty.

If she is a buckskin, why did she look like that when she was born?

Yes, she is from Anzara. His babies are so gorgeous. I love their heads and legs. She's going to be tall-- and has nice knee action. I picture her driving and think, wow! And I love white horses!

IM 100% positive that she is going gray. YOu can see it around her eyes and on her face where she is sheding.

Latest posts

Back