Update on filly that might be in foal!????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaazeMinis

Reaction score
Haaze Miniatures of Auburndale ,Wisconsin
Hi

I thought I would update on my poor filly that could be carrying a foal.
ohmy.gif
no.gif

I was going to update you all this last week but, I ended up hospitalized for a week(Long Story)
sad.gif
. I am doing better now though
yes.gif

I know a few of you may remember her story and if you dont jsut look back at one of my previous posts (Member Topics) if you dont know or remember.(Pictures on that thread as well).

Anyway, tell me if you all think she looks in foal now?
no.gif
IM000635.jpg

Thanks Alot

Jeri

PS that orange thing they are sniffing is a Huge Nemo stuffed animal!
biggrin.gif
That was the only thing I could do to keep them away from me taking pictures
yes.gif

HI Jeri, good to hear from you. I'm sorry about the set back but so glad you are doing better now and YES this mare sure looks like she's going to bust you our a foaly and soon.

That looks like a pregnant belly to me!

Glad to hear you are doing better since being hospitalized, take care of yourself!

Oh Jerri,

I hate to say it but she definitely looks to be in foal. I can remember how upset you were when you thought that she had been bred.

How sad, it is a "baby having a baby!!"

Good luck with her and I know that you will give her the best of care.

Sorry to hear about you being in the hospital and happy to hear that you are feeling better.

Jerri,

Sorry, I agree, she looks prego. Just on an up note, my 2 year old filly, that I also got as a yearling and bred, did very well foaling and has been a great mom.

Good luck.

She definatly has "the belly" of a pregnant mare. Hope all goes well. Has your vet checked her out and possibly ultrasounded her? I know it can be expensive, but maybe it would be a good idea so you don't have any problems with foaling.

Christy

sad.gif
Looks like a pregnant tummy to me too.

Sending well wishes your way.

It sounds like other 2-year-olds have foaled out and been mommas fine so my fingers are crossed for you and the little mare.
yes.gif

Glad you are feeling better
yes.gif
..... Sorry to agree but, she looks pregnant to me too.

Jessica

Thanks everyone so far for giving me opinions. Is there anyone else out there that wants to chime in and take a guess as to when she might foal. So far there is very little change to her bag. she has swelling in the front but her teats are still aimed at one another and not much developement on each side of her udder.

And for the person that aked about ultrasounding I did have the vet out here for her a few months back when I first posted about her and like I had though he does not have an external ultrasound machine and will not palpate a mini and since he is a man with big hands I would not have wanted that even if he would have said he could palpate her.

She just turned 2 years old the first part of May and she is currently between 32 to 33 inches tall. so I jsut hope she does okay with this. We have been watching her on camera for a little while and so far no strange behavior, but I am assuming the foal will be born soon as well. I think she will be like my black mare and not really bag up until the very end and then her bag will come in really fast. Or at least I hope so. But just in case I do have colostrum saved and I do have access to the colostrum stuff the vet has. so we are covered. Oh boy I am not looking foward to this.

Again Thank You To Everyone!

Jeri

Jeri,

My 2 year old did not have much of a bag, and no milk when she foaled. The only sign she gave that she was close she had her tail up all the time like she was going to poop, but wasn't, at least no more then usual. I am guesing the pressure of the foal so low gave her the feeling that she needed to. I had no dates on when she was bred either, so it was a big guessing game. That is her colt in my avatar.

Good luck, will keep you both in our thoughts and prayers.

OH, she got plenty of milk before the boy was standing, and is not lacking in milk now.

Yes, poor sweetie, there is a bun in her oven. I'd guess within 30 days. Sorry no real help here but praying for a healthy baby and easy delivery.

Latest posts

Back