Update on Dreamer and my Beloved Bumble Bee....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
The vet called just as I was leaving work today.

Bee... did NOT have brat Strangles or any kind of strangles. She passed of natural causes if that is what you want to call it. She passed of a brain hemmorage from an embolism she has probably had her entire life
default_no.gif
That is why there was soooo much blood coming from her nose...

Dreamer....Also does NOT have strangles, Thank God! But, she has a viral/bacterial infection, most likely from the IV. We still have to keep her separated from the herd as far as touch. She can go out into a separate run where she has no contact with the other horses, especially Ziggi. We have taken her off her 2x a day penn. shots. She still will get her heating pad 2x a day. The swelling is down considerably. Thank you to everyone once again for all your prayers!
default_yes.gif

Also wanted to tell you, I sent the video of Dreamer trotting and one of her at a normal walk to the surgeon...To say the least, he was AMAZED!!!! It has only been alittle over 5 weeks since her surgery. He said she is using her ankle better than her ever thought she would and using her hip as if it was still in a cup. She is not stiff legged nor does she swing her leg outward to walk. He said she will only get better with time and her therapy
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
He gave us alot of credit, but I told him it is Dreamer that deserves ALL the credit! This mare has a will and a desire to live that will make you cry when you watch her move. IF it hurts her at all, you would never know it. God Bless Her!!!!! Again, and again, and again, Dreamer and HER Humans will be forever grateful to everyone!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I said all along it was an embolism. That's so sad. Like a time bomb
default_sad.png

Even though Karrel & I did not believe it to be strangles, thank you for taking so much care to protect our horses from it "just in case".
default_yes.gif

I know you're very relieved to find out for sure!

Hug Dreamer for me!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Wow

GREAT NEWS. I will keep praying for Dreamer and you all.

I am so glad she is doing better.
default_yes.gif

Congratulations on the good news.
default_aktion033.gif

Dreamer will just keep getting better.
default_wub.png

Great news about No strangles.

I'm glad Dreamer is progressing nicely, you all deserve things to go good for along time now...

Missy

Teresa-

I am so glad it was not strangles.

The video of Dreamer amazed me - what a wonderful recovery she is having. She'll be running through the barns at Nationals - what fun! I'm just so happy for Dreamer and "her" humans. Keep up the good work.

Barbie & Dawn

That is absolutely the best possible news. I new you all could bring that brave little mare through this tough time. She's such a trouper. What a will and heart she has. Hope you beat that viral/bact. Speedily.

God please keep blessing dear Dreamer and her humans.

Yeah - GREAT NEWS all around ! ! !
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Can't wait to meet you and Dreamer in person at Nationals - of course Rose won't be there, but she will send her warm regards!

Stac & Rosey

Thank you for the bit of closure on poor little Bumble Bee. I know it must feel better to know, even a small part, that she likely did not suffer at all, and that there was nothing to be done.

I am so sorry she's gone...

and best wishes on Dreamer, may she heal completely.

Liz M.

Do you mean aneurism? That would make sense.

Glad to hear Dreamer is doing better.

Robin

Thank you for this update Theresa as I was thinking about Bumble Bee just yesterday while cleaning my own barn and this gives closure to that. RIP Sweet Bee.

I am so thrilled with the progress that Miss Dreamer has made and continues to make. I knew in my heart this sweet mare had a will that couldn't be surpassed.
default_smile.png
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wink.png
default_wub.png

You are Art are Very Special and Dedicated Horse Parents. I will never forget this ordeal. I am SO SO happy that Dreamer will be with you for many more years. Take Care my friends!! HUGS!!
default_cheekkiss.gif

I am sure it is a relief to get the results Theresa. Glad it was not strangles, and I hope Dreamer gets over the infection quickly.

Thank you so much for the updates I am so happy it is not strangles of any kind and hope the infection is gone quickly. As for Bee it just goes to show you that we just never know what might be going on. Rest in Peace dear Bee. Dreamer has more heart than any horse I have ever known she deserves for all to go well from now on You Go Girl.

Although I can understand you pain of loosing someone you loved so dearly

it must have taken a big burden off you to know why.

My prayers are with you and Dreamer as she recovers.

I wasn't going to post any replies this morning since I am in a hurry (shouldn't be on line but ...had to check out what happening lol) but I have to say how glad I am to hear the good news bout Dreamer.
default_aktion033.gif
It is sad to hear about BB but at least now you know and can accept that you couldn't have done anything different for her.

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so sorry about Bee
default_no.gif
We lost our best producing mare (at the time) to whta we had to assume was an aneurysm. We found her dead the evening before Thanksgiving several years ago, laying in the field without a mark on her, like she had just fallen down where she stood
default_no.gif
[/SIZE]

I'm am SOOO proud of Dreamer and am thrilled with her continued recovery!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am at least glad you got some answers about what happened to Bee .... and really glad that Dreamer is healing so well!!

Such good news about Dreamer - I was so sure it wasn't strangles, and so hoping i wasn't wrong! Prayers now for her to have a quick recovery from the infection - she looked so wonderful in your video.

I am sure it has helped you a little to hear that there was nothing that anyone could have done for little Bee, it is so very sad when we lose one of our special friends, the pain stays with us for such a long time. But I give thanks that for her short life she was lucky to have had such wonderful folk loving her and caring for her. Be at peace Little Bee.

Anna

Latest posts

Back